• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured RaceRoom: May Developer Notes

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 14, 2019.

1. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    Pretty sure it wasn't a 5K+ or an 8K. I own a 5K+ and coming from a Rift there is an abyss between the two.

• Like Like x 1
  2. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +446
    If anything, not having custom liveries limits the possibility of us having more "proper historic liveries".

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ears

ears
    Listen, we're bona fide, we're not from London.

Ratings:
    +479
    I respect your opinion, and it's great that it works for you, but have heard many reports, by owners of Pimax, to the contrary.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +879
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Still on 20” winter tyres. Back to 22” soon

Ratings:
    +150
    Can’t wait for the X90 and that M1 Gr4 along with flat spots :whistling:

(First time to check the new HUD. Very cool that crew chief pop up as team radio :thumbsup:)
    [​IMG]R3E_HUD1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  6. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    @ears

I suggest you try the product before you destroy it in a forum thread. For all the faults of Pimax as a company and their latest Kickstarter campaign, the end result is certainly the shining light at the end of the tunnel

But alas, this is not a Pimax thread, so we'll just leave it there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Ratings:
    +237
    RACE 07 is the game that brought me to work at SimBin through betatesting for it. So yes it also has a special taste for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. numbersevenhull

numbersevenhull
    Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    @anthony monteil

And drivers? I can live with thereabouts liveries, less keen on Javid Coolthart taking poll.

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. PartyPePe

PartyPePe

Ratings:
    +26
    How do you get proper historic F1 liveries without mods since they are all full of tobacco adverts?

10. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    Looks great! Really hopes some of the 4 tracks in the works are historical tracks to match all the great historical cars :giggle:

11. ChaosZeroJK

ChaosZeroJK

Ratings:
    +71
    TLDR, you didn't understand a single word of what I said.

12. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +91
    Conserning custom liveries/paints then it would be great to have - but not easy to implement as Raceroom is constructed.
    In this area iRacing is way above the competition but only because the code from NR2003 made it pretty easy to copy this feature.
    In iRacing/NR2003 you just have to paint and save the result as a normal tga file - and then include it in the used car roster.
    And the really great thing is that when you drive MP others can see your custom paint on your car if you have uploaded your paint to the 3rd party roster library, Trading Paints.:thumbsup:

Its a bit laughable to read the people who have all different goofy thing against custom liveries - just to defend that the devs hasnt been able to implement this in Raceroom.:roflmao::roflmao:

ByTheWay: This was my old GTP(NR2003) reproduction of the RL 90ties Porsche Hippie car that I used in the FSB Racing League - and I really miss messing with such paintings in my prefered modern racing games(Raceroom, rF2, ACC).:(

03_Hippie_vs_real_Porsche_Hippie.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. kondor999

kondor999

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey, I already said I didn’t bother reading it all, dude. That’s kinda what TLDR implies ;). Being concise is a good thing in this busy world. Sorry if I got something wrong there.

Look, I just think the liveries in R3E are already of uniformly excellent quality, they’re historical, and they don’t slow down my machine to a crawl. I’ve never once thought to myself: “Wow, I wish I could have some extra liveries for this car”. Unlike in AC.

We need custom liveries in AC, but that’s because the stock ones pretty much suck (Kunos branding, fake sponsors, half are just solid colors etc).

Lastly, the great thing about devs retaining control is I don’t have to race against someone in a homemade pink and green 934 with a Pepe the Frog banner on the windshield.

You know. :poop: like that. It’s a tradeoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. erba72

erba72

Ratings:
    +57
    Absolutely lovely ! I love sector 3, love raceroom !

• Like Like x 1
  15. kondor999

kondor999

Ratings:
    +264
    That’s a good point. Still, you can’t have something for nothing. I guess I’ll have to give up the tobacco liveries in exchange for the pleasure of not having to race against some kids psychedelic homemade fake pixelated “kool skinz”.

Maybe I’ve played too much Forza and seen too much of that stuff lol.

I’ve got Custom Skin PTSD, man!!

16. ARTeam

ARTeam

Ratings:
    +27
    Can't wait to see the 2019 WTCR cars,
    Especially the Lynk & Co 3 ❤️❤️❤️

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    ... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,802
    I wonder if any of these patch/dev note threads will ever stay on the bloody topic at hand instead of descending into petty arguments about features that aren't mentioned and aren't coming. :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +617
    I love these Blogs and Road Maps we get from the various Sim Devs, all good stuff with little treats and tasters as to what we get next.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. AyrtJ97

AyrtJ97

Ratings:
    +35
    Something like Lynk & Co 03, which doesn't sound like a videogame car maker at all?

Oh wait...

• Haha Haha x 2
  20. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing

Ratings:
    +22
    it's make me wounder when they will fix road surface ffb?????????flat like ice cake

What a beta testers are doing it??????????? Compare to ac or acc or RF this games have very solid road surface but not Raceroom. so many years pass no fix!!!!
    Mouse user & fanboys please do not disturb please!

Animation is there but road ffb zero or 0.00000001%

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.