RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm away for the weekend, so can no one pester me to start the new thread over that time. I will start it when both I am ready and Aidan is done with this thread.

NIRVANA SECURE CONSTRUCTORS TITLE
KEDERER SECURES ANOTHER WIN IN SUCCESSION
20 Belgian GP.jpg

And so, all rather quickly it is over. With the season ending Belgian Grand Prix we were really looking to see who would take the constructors, to see if the point would be forced by Jaguar or if Nirvana would waltz away. Instead we got a peep at perhaps a future champion.
After his dramatic and amazing debut victory in Abu Dhabi, Tobi Kederer made the best possible start towards taking two on the trot with his first pole in the series. After a quick getaway, the rookie German was chased by both Online Racers Ben Utzer and Ben Herbert, both Nirvana's with Florin Diaconescu and Manolis Sig, champion Jimmy Laad and Milos Ancevski in a 6 car chase group. Leading into the pitstops, Herbert attempted to slip past both Ancevski and Laad into Rivage, but instead got out of shape, eventually losing touch with the top 4 and now in direct battle with the Nirvana pair. Kederer led through the stops, and while Utzer made a late challenge, he would end up unable to deny his countryman a famous victory at the glorious Spa-Francorchamps circuit. Laad survived a late onslaught from Ancevski for the podium, while Herbert left the Nirvanas behind for 5th.
While Laad may have beaten the Nirvanas, they would end up having the last laugh as their 6th and 7th places were more than enough to secure them the constructors title from Jaguar. This has proven remarkable considering the same pairing won the title at McLaren the season before.
Josh Noack came after, and despite starting buried in the mid pack, proved the speed of the Renault with a spirited drive to 8th. Old Wolf survived a penalty to secure 9th for McLaren and James Chant finally saw the line again with a superb effort to sneak the final bonus point for Heineken.
Dhafin Rizki finished a season best of 11th, cruelly denying him a first top 10 of the season. His drive from 16th though proved to be the best gain of positions in the race. Rautavaara finished a very strong rookie season with 12th, Andy Black also moved through the pack for 13th. Lesley Buurlage left his future up in the air after a stellar season for Ferrari with a disappointing 14th though there were penalties involved, Omer Said again closed the season for Honk in 15th, Ron Squire found himself down the field for Jaguar, a car he failed to take to the finish line before his teammate once, Andrea Dovizioso took a disappointing 17th, before Alexander Macdonald enountered non-critical problems with 12 laps to go, and thus allowed himself 12 victory laps in front of the fans. Donuts may have been involved. Saidy took late penalties to ensure a point in the race, what a top guy.
Hackel, Pullen and Ludlum all failed to finish the finale.

Nonetheless, these racers, along with everyone else involved, I thank immensely for helping make the series flourish once more. Whether or not they finished, we had 22 cars racing, plus Mr Poirier pulling out, for a total of 23 competitors taking part this season. While I guess I must have done something right, the series at the end of the day also needs racers, and by racing, having some post race banter, messaging, conducting press conferences and ultimately keeping the thread active, we have all been responsible for (hopefully) truly reigniting the championship.

So, with that I guess this is my final goodbye save for the press conference and some season statistics (should be fun, might have another speech). Well done to everyone, whether you won or not, be proud, get hungry for the next one. Treat the championship well and the forum games section will be a jolly place. And most of all, I am targeting you all next season :D

Signing off
Aidan Keranen
Moderator Season 20 and 21.

Results
20 Belgian GP.jpg

Standings
S21 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S21 Championship Table Teams.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?