Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 5.jpg

Steam Early Access Procedural racing game Racecraft has received a major new update recently, adding a considerable amount of development to the Camilla game engine as the studio look to implement much of the core basis for future development.

With a steady stream of updates already behind the title, Vae Victis have now pushed live the most sizable development to date in an effort to create a solid foundation on which to build future game features. Initially a hot lapping offline affair, Racecraft now features Artificial Intelligence cars and collideable physics, allowing players the possibility of racing the literally endless variety of circuits offline against the computer. With AI implementation in the early stages of development, build 0.5.0 has brought considerable improvements in the way AI behaves on track, substantially improving the racing experience.

Further highlights from the new patch include improved night lighting, early VR development, massive overhaul of the game engine to help create more realistic tracks and various fixes and improved game physics.

Fabio Cristi, Executive Producer for Vae Victis Games had the following to say regarding the new update to Racecraft:

"This is a really huge update in terms of technology. These are the foundations of the game and should be almost completely built to allow the creation of all game modes which are going to build the core gameplay of Racecraft".

Here’s the full changelog for the 0.5.0 update:
  • Gameplay: Added collisions between cars (Race mode)
  • Gameplay: Added slipstream (Race mode)
  • Gameplay: Added virtual mirror in HUD
  • Gameplay: Huge improvement to AI behavior
  • Gameplay: Procedural generation of AI profiles
  • Gameplay: Improved ideal trajectory
  • Gameplay: Improved collisions
  • Gameplay: Semaphore on starting line
  • Gameplay: Standings on position billboard
  • Gameplay: Improved rules for race regularity and disqualification
  • UI: Favorite Tracks tab added to Tracks menu
  • UI: Fixed default values and filters in Tracks menu
  • UI: Improved Track Creation management
  • UI: Improved menu navigation
  • UI: Improved GUI layout
  • Graphics: Car mirrors are now working
  • Graphics: Lighting management in night conditions
  • Graphics: Rendering pipeline ready and compliant for VR (WIP)
  • Graphics: Fixed bad illumination in some special cases
  • Procedural engine: Complete overhaul of Camilla parameters (tracks are now more realistic than in previous engine versions)
  • Procedural engine: Improved walls/fences distribution
  • Procedural engine: Improved track assets distribution
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Kerbs models/type
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Mega structures
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Track/buildings on starting straight
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Generic vehicles
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Track/recovery vehicles
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Marshall characters/stands
  • Procedural engine: Added new asset: Cameramen characters/platforms
  • Physics: Improved car physics
  • Physics: Reduced engine power
  • Physics: Reduced downforce
  • Physics: Increased drag
  • Physics: Improved driving aids
  • Performances: Pre-generated track shaders during scene loading (which caused a lot of hiccups)
  • Performances: Scenes transition is now seamless
  • Performances: Smoother frame rendering
  • Performances: Slightly optimized texture generation and memory occupation
  • Performances: Reduced performance impact of dynamic reflections
  • Performances: Fixed subtle crash in updating dynamic reflections on some configurations
  • Performances: Slightly reduced CPU workload during rendering
  • Performances: Fixed SMAA executed before tone mapping in post processing chain
  • General: Bugfix and general polishing
Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 1.jpg

Racecraft is available right now on the Steam Early Access programme. Head over to the Steam Store and check out the title today!

Don’t forget to visit our Racecraft forum right here on RaceDepartment for all latest news and discussion on the title.

Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 2.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 3.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 4.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 5.jpgRacecraft 0.5.0 Update 6.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 7.jpgRacecraft 0.5.0 Update 8.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 9.jpg Racecraft 0.5.0 Update 10.jpg

Have you tried the latest Racecraft update yet? What do you think of the progress of the title so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 4.jpg

Vae Victis Games have released a new build update to their interesting Procedural technology racing game Racecraft, adding several new gameplay features amongst other solid updates to the title.

Build 0.5.2 brings the much need 'Quick Race' mode to the game, now featuring collidable AI players each containing their own behavioural traits. This should greatly enhance the offline single player racing experience in Racecraft, something the game has been lacking since its initial launch back in March.

You can read the full build 0.5.2 release notes below:
  • Gameplay: Quick Race mode (collisions enabled)
  • Gameplay: Each AI has its own procedurally generated behavior, with peculiar stats and features
  • Physics: More stable car when braking
  • GUI: TV-style camera views behind menu screens
  • GUI: GUI fixes and improvements

Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update.jpg
Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 2.jpg

Racecraft is available right now on the Steam Early Access programme. Head over to the Steam Store and check out the title today!

Don’t forget to visit our Racecraft forum right here on RaceDepartment for all latest news and discussion on the title.

Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 3.jpg Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 5.jpg Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 6.jpg

Have you tried the new update yet? How do you feel the game is progressing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Is there VR support yet ?

EDIT .
ok so I see it has Vr support , has anybody tried this , how dose it handle Vr .

Racecraft has been developed with VR in mind. The driving menu allows interaction with the cars during the races without losing focus. The entire game UI is usable without taking your hands off the wheel or joypad. This system is called SixInput, for steering wheel users, seats and/or a VR headset. The game also implements voice commands and a “virtual track engineer” who will help the driver improving his racing experience by talking about tracks,

Last edited:
I think the game is coming along very nicely. Getting better and better. I was not that impressed when I won a key here at RD and tried Racecraft. But all the updates have really improved it - a lot. The FFB in my opinion - (and with my modest Logitech Driving Force wheel) is really good. I can feel all I need to feel, within the limitations of the wheel again. I look more and more forward to the continued development of this game.
I do not own a Vr set, so I cannot comment on the Vr support and -quality.

And it´s all just an opinion of course, as always. :)

Does the game output telemetry data that SIM commander can use for ffb?

Not yet.

Is there VR support yet ?

EDIT .
ok so I see it has Vr support , has anybody tried this , how dose it handle Vr

Hello Joe, VR support is still in the works (we had to code it from scratch), so if you want to buy it just for playing with VR, it's better you still wait for a few months.

I think the game is coming along very nicely. Getting better and better.

Thanks a LOT, Ole! :)

My Driving Force GT is facing some problems (inverted pedals value). Can you make a fix for this?

Have you tried recalibrating the wheel?

If that doesn't work, can you please send to support@playracecraft.com, all .log files contained in the /Racecraft folder and the options.ini file? This way we can have a look at your issue after we came back from the holidays. Thanks.

I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm always looking for something new. Procedural tracks sound interesting to me.

Great! Let us know what you think about that! :)

Happy New Year to everybody!

Last edited:
Racecraft getting VR 1.jpg

Vae Victis Games have taken to social media recently posting teasers of new VR functionality in development for this interesting racing title.

We've not really heard much about Racecraft of late, the developers having pretty much kept to themselves in recent months as they continue to bring refinements and features to their latest procedural racing title, however whilst on face value it might seem like not much is happening development wise, it looks like that might be about to change..!

We already know that time of day and weather are set to be included at some stage in the future, and now we've found out thanks to a recent Facebook post that VR support is on the way, and it actually looks like this exciting new feature is pretty well developed already if the below video is anything to go by:

No details have yet been confirmed as to exactly when VR is planned for the game, or indeed what level of support will be offered, however another racing title that utilises this excellent piece of technology is no bad thing indeed, and will undoubtedly be a very welcome addition to fans of this unique racing titile...

Racecraft getting VR 2.jpg

About the Game:

Racecraft: a Procedural Sandbox Racing Experience.
A proprietary procedural engine, called Camilla, generates an endless number of tracks. They can be saved and shared, producing lots of different racing situations. For the first time in racing games, the look and feel of the randomly generated tracks is really similar to the real-world circuits, Racecraft has a unique hard edge futuristic design that set it apart from all other racing titles.

Multiplayer and eSports Racing features
Challenge your friends in multiplayer races and hot lap parties or share your procedurally generated track and let them race against your ghost. Join the official Racecraft leagues or use our complete eSports toolset to easily create your own online racing leagues and live broadcast your events.

Sandbox Experience
Players can craft the car from scratch using and crafting all the various parts to generate lots of different sets of physical features and car setups. Players will also be able to craft their own tracks with a track editor using the same logics of the Camilla procedural engine. All events can also be defined by players: they can choose rules, tracks, cars and invite friends by sharing the event on Steam and Facebook.

VR support
Racecraft has been developed with VR in mind. The driving menu allows interaction with the cars during the races without losing focus. The entire game UI is usable without taking your hands off the wheel or joypad. This system is called SixInput, for steering wheel users, seats and/or a VR headset. The game also implements voice commands and a “virtual track engineer” who will help the driver improving his racing experience by talking about tracks, setup, strategy, race status, car status and so on.

Co-op and multi-roles
There will be different roles in the multiplayer mode of Racecraft. A team will be composed by several cooperative roles: driver, team manager, track engineer, mechanic, car designer and many others.

Racecraft is available right now on Steam for PC.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you enjoy Racecraft? Have you tried the game yet? Looking forward to VR coming to the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea