Race Room Exp Cost?

Its like 45 euros for the entire content? That's only the same as a PS4 or xbox game.

(That is, if you buy VRP, and use the points to purchase the full content - rather than buying it directly for steam cash)

Go google 'buying raceroom VRP'

It takes 2 mins extra - but huge savings.

Last edited:
I get why they're expensive, but even so... each aircraft/map is more expensive than most full games!

That is true, however you cannot do what you can do in DCS in any other sim. If raceroom was the only sim out there that I could drive the Nordschleife, for example, then yeah, you could charge a lot. But I have a lot of other options for a near exact experience.

I don't even understand this thread. The r3e game engine is free, and if you just want to drive the 'ring you can purchase solely the track and one car. Actual cost - prob sub 10euros? How is that expensive? They have lots of bundles to get started but the entire game and ALL content is like 40-50 euros, if you buy VRP points first. How is that dearer than a playstation or xbox game or even any other sim? (granted several are cheaper since its a long time since launch) however R3E gets fresh content regularly.

I've had R3E for probably a year, and spent more time playing it than almost any other game I own.

Compared to IRacing, for instance, it's not even on the same league for cost...

Well, I now have all the content for race room exp and I feel the cars and tracks are all very well done and I would rate it as excellent and am enjoying it a great deal, But i still think it is waaaaaayyyyy over priced. , You should not need to pay $100+ for a good sim.

Just logged in on another computer and it shows $117 as the cost of the full sim (Premium pack). Certainly nowhere near the $60 that is common these days. However, if you factor in what most other sims charge for add-ons and packs i think its in the ballpark.

The only difference is that your content is rented. If their servers go down...you're done. Just like iRacing.

Just logged in on another computer and it shows $117 as the cost of the full sim (Premium pack). Certainly nowhere near the $60 that is common these days. However, if you factor in what most other sims charge for add-ons and packs i think its in the ballpark.

If you scroll up to post #4, you will see the best place to buy vRP to use to buy content in game. Doing so, will net you the premium pack for $65 for a normal non-sale price.

Factor in near weekly sales on specific content, seasonal or holiday sales where the premium pack is $50, or all content is 50% off, and it aint too bad and is perfectly in line with all other sims sans iR.

Not sure I under stand RRE's pricing .As I mentioned in my previous comments i think i have now purchased everything. The premium pack. Does that mean i will automatically get all the tracks,cars and updates or will I still have to purchase future releases? I still see the STORE listed when i start the game and Also buy Now for the splash screen cars.

You have everything released to date, further content is like dlc and needs to be bought.
Remember you only need 1 car from any class to race against all the rest.
The splash screens are standard for everybody.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back