RACE On and MoTeC in Win7

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by senster13, Jan 17, 2010.

1. senster13

senster13

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, I'm trying to get back into the RACE series, been over a year since i played. I used to have MoTeC set up and running but this time around I can't seem to get a grip on it. Found the .plr file and it already had the necessary lines in it, just changed the file paths to suit but cant get a log file to write or just cant find it. I've read all the posts on this subject that i could find but still no luck. I wonder if something is different with Windows 7 that you have to do, pretty sure my security settings are good, I always run it as the administrator. here's my .plr

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
    Data Acquisition In Race="1"
    Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
    Data Acquisition File="C:\my name\My Documents\SimBin\RACE07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
    MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\Logged Data"
    MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
    MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions or evil criticism if its my own lack of attention at fault :)
    also ive seen posts mentioning real-time telemetry and im kinda curious if there are other useful programs like MoTeC that i can try

thanks

2. Masaaki Matsuura

Masaaki Matsuura

Ratings:
    +0
    It has been changed UserData folder On Win7.

Data Acquisition File="C:\USERS\YourName\Documents\SimBin\RACE07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"

3. senster13

senster13

Ratings:
    +0
    yea, still nothing, i've been playing with the folder names and all, security settings for them but there's still no log files in \MoTec\Logged Data folder, i dont get it, had no problems before Win7, maybe i'm just forgetting to do something simple and stupid or what?

4. Tobias Kluge

Tobias Kluge

Ratings:
    +11
    There is no problem using Motec in W7, but you have to get the folder paths right! You have 2 major errors in your PLR. 1st you can't put the Log folder in the system root, because you don't have write permissions as a normal User, I advise you to create a special folder for the Motec log files in your home directory (example in my PLR file snipplet). 2nd the folder path
    "Data Acquisition File="C:\my name\My Documents\SimBin\R...." doesn't (c:\users\....) exist like masa pointed out. Please check if your really installed Motec in the "Program Files" folder, if you have a x64 of W7 it is more likely the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

my PLR file:

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files (x86)\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
    Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\****your username****\Documents\MotecLog\vehicledata.spt"
    MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\****your username****\Documents\MotecLog\Log\"
    MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)

5. senster13

senster13

Ratings:
    +0
    Im running Win7 32 bit, MoTeC is definetly where i think it is, the .spt file is where it is and i created a different folder like you suggested, also disabled whatever little security settings were left and the antivirus yet still no log files

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
    Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\my name\My Documents\SimBin\RACE07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
    MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\my name\My Documents\MoTeCLog\Log"
    MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)

6. senster13

senster13

Ratings:
    +0
    tried changing DataAquisition line to this also:

Data Acquisition File="C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\senusmc\race07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"

which is where the .spt file can also be found, this is what i don't get is seems there's multiple paths to the same thing and i keep trying different combinations of paths and nothing works