RACE On and MoTeC in Win7

S

senster13

• senster13

Hey all, I'm trying to get back into the RACE series, been over a year since i played. I used to have MoTeC set up and running but this time around I can't seem to get a grip on it. Found the .plr file and it already had the necessary lines in it, just changed the file paths to suit but cant get a log file to write or just cant find it. I've read all the posts on this subject that i could find but still no luck. I wonder if something is different with Windows 7 that you have to do, pretty sure my security settings are good, I always run it as the administrator. here's my .plr

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\my name\My Documents\SimBin\RACE07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions or evil criticism if its my own lack of attention at fault :)
also ive seen posts mentioning real-time telemetry and im kinda curious if there are other useful programs like MoTeC that i can try

thanks

• senster13

yea, still nothing, i've been playing with the folder names and all, security settings for them but there's still no log files in \MoTec\Logged Data folder, i dont get it, had no problems before Win7, maybe i'm just forgetting to do something simple and stupid or what?

There is no problem using Motec in W7, but you have to get the folder paths right! You have 2 major errors in your PLR. 1st you can't put the Log folder in the system root, because you don't have write permissions as a normal User, I advise you to create a special folder for the Motec log files in your home directory (example in my PLR file snipplet). 2nd the folder path
"Data Acquisition File="C:\my name\My Documents\SimBin\R...." doesn't (c:\users\....) exist like masa pointed out. Please check if your really installed Motec in the "Program Files" folder, if you have a x64 of W7 it is more likely the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

my PLR file:

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files (x86)\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\****your username****\Documents\MotecLog\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\****your username****\Documents\MotecLog\Log\"
MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)

• senster13

Im running Win7 32 bit, MoTeC is definetly where i think it is, the .spt file is where it is and i created a different folder like you suggested, also disabled whatever little security settings were left and the antivirus yet still no log files

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\my name\My Documents\SimBin\RACE07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\my name\My Documents\MoTeCLog\Log"
MoTeC Minimum Time="5" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)

• senster13

tried changing DataAquisition line to this also:

Data Acquisition File="C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\senusmc\race07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"

which is where the .spt file can also be found, this is what i don't get is seems there's multiple paths to the same thing and i keep trying different combinations of paths and nothing works

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%