F1 2010 Race at Barcelona too hard

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi. I'm stuck at Barcelona for like 3 weeks now. 4th position on the grid, 1st season with Wiliams, playing on hard difficulty with no assists, rumblepad 2, 50% of the real race. That race frustrates me so much! I'm loosing 2 seconds per lap so i try harder and that just gets me spining on the circuit! There is no way i will turn down the difficulty, its a matter of principle for me. So far the game was awesome, the difficuly was fine, I was at the top at all races before barca but i cant even finish this race, if i try just to go for the finish i will be last... Can anyone help me? Even Barcelona winning the Champions League tonight hasn't brought me luck...

I hate this GP in game, even more than Monaco and Singapore because those tracks are hard but at Barcelona I drive the wheels off the car and come about 18th-20th in qualy on hardest setting. Last in the race because I can't keep that pace up lol I just sit out the race once make my first mistake >.<

There are car favourites for each track so to speak, the different cars were given performance handicaps based on their results from the real 2010 season, some of the handicaps are a little unfair. I remember reading somewhere on here about one such race, that the in game performance of the Ferrari or Massa's car was handicapped too much because he finish quite low, however he only finished low because of a race incident, his car was actually quite fast.

Someone might like to confirm this, as it's a little bit hazy. You might find that it's the artificial handicapping that's causing you to finish so far down the field.

I'm suggesting that it might be the handicap, but really, I don't remember this track in career mode so can't say for sure. Some tracks I just accept the hit from lack of performance.

I installed slow corner fix and true ai 1.4, while doing spa on expert the ai was a good 20s+ slow than me, even on a slow lap. I reinstalled and did this track again in another season, but again they were particularly slow, although not quite as bad as 20s, perhaps 10s or something. I rather like spa, but when the ai is far to slow or fast, it does take the fun out of the race.

Perhaps the other teams got upgrade packages or something, that's what I view these things as, something similar to how Vettel is performing right now, winning the last 4/5 races. His car is so fast, anyone else can barely keep up with him.

Guys this is a familiar post.
The AI times in sector 2 are too fast. Just poor coding on this track. It seems unwinnable.
My best result has been Quali P10 Race P17.
The strategy was to start on primes. The AI can't pass you of you keep a good pace/line even on primes.
Lots will pass you when you pit but you can fight with options in second stint.

I just crashed, but i managed to get 300 g forces from the crash :D Sector 2 is the problem, i was faster in S1 by 0.2 seconds but in S2 I was loosing 2s and in S3 around 0.3s. Now, Monaco... it's hmmm... challenging? I crash every two laps in practice xD

im the same as everybody else on here, purple through s1 and s3 but losing around 2seconds in s2, really frustrating, will just settle for where i finish in career mode but cant see ferrari been happy about it :)

4th position on the grid, 1st season with Wiliams - what ya want more mate? :p

This track is the most sensitive on car setup/balance. Last mickey-mouse section made even more challenging than before.

But you dont have to worry about this slow last section during the race to be fast because they cant pass you there. So look for a fast setup for fast corners. You need to have better traction out of fast chikanes.. be able to drag them easily in Turn 3 and Turn 8 before overtake.

I m doing now only 0.7sec faster with Ferrari second season, than I did with Sauber first season. And this is thanks to better brakes upgrades than Sauber at this point of season, otherwise feels as fast both cars. As someone mentioned already, it could be your opponents got some better parts for Cataluniya.

However I m scoring podiums in 50% long races with this setup if you wanna try (need some defense at the end of main straight thou):

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4 (3 for qualy)
Rear Wing Angle: 2 (1 for qualy)

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: Medium (High for qualy)
Brake Size: Standard fixed

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2 (1 for qualy?)
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: 133
Gear 2: 164
Gear 3: 193
Gear 4: 224
Gear 5: 256
Gear 6: 289
Gear 7: 325

Engine
Throttle map: Standard (Fast for qualy?)
Fuel: na

Alignment
Camber front: -1.40 (-1.50 for qualy)
Camber rear: -3.40 (-3.50 for qualy)
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.47

Remember to be patient with new setups for few laps ;) Especially inside kerbs of the last chikane,try to avoid dem :O

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back