Race #9, Europe: Post-Race Discussion

Was a fun battle on the first 10 laps with you mo.. Sorry for the few touches, I was adjusting to the damages on my car on the first lap. You can clearly see it coming into the double right hander.. Was fun though

Also about the incident at 2:37. I should have braked but I thought Mo was right behind me. Anyway sorry Kevin and sorry to all the drivers that were involved in the carnage, which I caused on the first lap. Like I said before, I am learning but I am learning the hard way "Romain Grosjean". Sorry once again. Like I said before, lets all forget about this and look to the next race.

well seeing as it was me driving i'd say the other guys fault! lol
i know, it was bad.
i was so annoyed about the way he had come from so far back, and simply shoved me out to overtake me at the previous corner, that i saw red, and tried in desperation to get him back immediately at the next.
again i probably deserve a penalty for it as his move probably didnt cause me any damage or huge loss of time, whereas i spun him round.

my only point is its the polar opposite of iracing, where in that the damage model is ridiculous and overly sensitive, and the collision boxes surround the outer perimeter of the car - here in this rfactor mod, its gone too extreme in the other direction.

its like theres no disincentive to dive bomb and stick it up the inside, because at worst you'd get yellow minor damage, at best, the guy in front is simply shoved out the way and you're through.

Well we had some unforgiving damage model earlyer this year but it was not fair as most of the time the driver that got hit actualy got out the worst because of the rear wing suspension damage was affecting more then a front wing damage.

Besides you can make the damage model more unforgiving, it still needs drivers that are also willing to drive more lenient and not so agressive. Because if the driver will not change it will only give more tears. On the other hand the problem might will solve itself once we start using rF2, im pretty sure drivers will think twice when they try to tuck the car on the outside of someone trough the marbles and dirt.:D rF just allows us to do some stuff that we shouldn't.

Just to add on to my previous post. Aparantly I got a bad rap in the broadcast due to me spinning in front of the leaders and them nearly hitting me. I decided to leave my car in that position because if I tried to reverse and F**d up, there would be no way the leaders could avoid me. + I wanted to stay in the race because who wouldn't like to stay in. So this is my explaination for this. I did this because I thought it was the best decision whilst on track as I had no where else to go on track apart from backwards.. So I apologise to the leaders. It was my fault but it was better than taking them out.. In my opinion anyway..

Was a fun battle on the first 10 laps with you mo.. Sorry for the few touches, I was adjusting to the damages on my car on the first lap. You can clearly see it coming into the double right hander.. Was fun though

i had damage also from the first lap, from all kinds of contacts.
I had yellow damage on rear right suspension, and then rear/front middle, whatever that means (chassis damage?)

does anyone know specifically what it does to the car? or is it placebo and the effect on laptime is simply negligible, or you can adapt?

i was definitely slower than in testing, my fastest lap was 3-4 tenths off.

I didnt expect nothing about this race, I was on vacation, just did 40 laps before the race.

Q1: Personal best by one second! I couldn't believe it and I thought that wasnt going to be enough for passing into Q2 but it was.

Q2: It was a decent lap, P6.

Race: Race start was ok, I won one position because Daniel bad start and one to Fernando in T7 thorugh the outside. As were my firsts laps I took it with calm, then I realised that 3rd pos was posible. Problems came out soon, I realised that was missing around three litters to arrive till the end so I had to short shift, Daniel caught me very easy and unfortunatly we made contact. It was my fault so I decided to give him the position.

When I was fourth around lap 27, I found a Front wing in the braking zone of last turn, was imposible to avoid it, the car turned ok, so I discard a puncture, but suddenly I realised that the car was not braking anymore and rear grip disappeared. I lost 3 second in S1 and I crashed at the exit of the bridge, causing even more damages to my FTS car.

I hap to made an unscheduled pit, where I've been waiting 30 sec for repairing damages. Race was over.

Now im looking forward, Monza is the clue, I can train hard for the race so I expect a good result there.

See you on the track :)

I'm late again:)

PQ: very good session. 7th
Q1: very good as well. 10th
Q2: pretty bad lap, but it does perfectly its job. 9th

Race: start is quite good but I lose two positions anyway, but then I manage to do several overtakes. When i'm attacking for P6, I spun becouse i'm hit; I back on track in 17th, avoiding different cars becouse of troubles in S3. I restart to recover positions, my car hasn't particular damages, but at third lap I have to slow down for another crash in front of me, so I'm 14th. From that race point I set my pace, with only one excpetion I think (avoiding a spinning car in front of me); I do several overtakes, battling with some top position drivers even becouse of different strategies, and gain advantages from other people mistakes or problems. I finish 7th.

I think it's a very good result considering the contest; I was 17th after the first lap, and this is my second best finish of the year.

Thanks to my team and to the staff (can we download last broadcast, please?:unsure:), congratulations to the podium and to Norbert for his speed in debut. See you in Monza;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back