Race #6, United Kingdom: Post-Race Checks

Obviously since I wasn't involved in the rule making process for this season, then there are issues like this. Rules are rules yes, so in this case this is a correctly applied penalty, however with a split of WS races into 2, these cutting penalties should have been done slightly differently to adjust them to shorter races. Getting a penalty for only 2 cuts in race 2 is senseless. People have been too lazy to employ their brain cells or too busy visiting world wide mega super important conferences right mr president :D
Here you are again, get off your high horse mate, because you wasn't involved with rule making then things like this are bound to happen, right?

Yeah, it would have been wise to adjust the rules for cutting in race 2, in fact I believe it would have been better to have just kept the single race rather than splitting it. But this is the way it is and the way it will most likely stay till next season, so move on with it and learn not to cut/extend the track limits..

For starters I don't even own rfactor 2. Secondly there have been several ridiculous strategies in PM that would never happen if I was involved. Thirdly after 8 years of FSR it is sort of a good idea to move on and achieve great things in real life too. More rewarding as well trust me.

edit: and finally Huis would be 5 times world champion, which atm looks as likely as Perfect Seb winning 5th.
Can I just ask, how much are you in love with Precision?

It's good to keep a few things in mind. FSR isn't any sort of complex organization anymore these days, it's just another sim racing league. In previous years there has been this growing image that FSR is a highly political instance where a few teams run everything behind the doors. This is a very harmful image, thus one aim this year has been to reduce these sort of politics as much as possible from decision making. For example with dirty air, decisions were mostly influenced by community. Before the season there was a strong support to use 100% ISI physics. In summer in a new poll there was a more positive response towards changing the dirty air.

FSR is nothing but another racing platform with a few admins putting their free time into creating quality racing. Having said that, we obviously want to do things little bit better than competing leagues. Looking at this year's participation numbers, broadcast spectators and other measurable data, we are doing pretty well, now especially when considering that this is a transition year to rFactor 2.

Din din din. We can close the thread.

You mis-read what he said. He said that this is the image that people wrongly have of FSR. He did not say that this is what it is, you only get this illusion from guys here who seem to have some sort of wrongly directed vendetta against people like John-Eric who are trying to do nothing more than share their passion for sim racing, and racing in general.

So I suggest you re-read what he typed, because it does not match your conclusion.

Please, let's just try to enjoy the racing, and leave these kinds of allegations off of here, especially since they have no substance.

It is funny when whoever says the truth, it is immediately considered negative and even offensive and the person should be shunned.
You didnt notice, that you`re the only person, who is complaining about this things? You should think again, if maybe you`re the person, who is talking **** ;)
Ah I forgot, it doesnt matter what all the other people say. They are all lying and you`re telling the truth. Thanks for this deep revelation.

You mis-read what he said. He said that this is the image that people wrongly have of FSR. He did not say that this is what it is, you only get this illusion from guys here who seem to have some sort of wrongly directed vendetta against people like John-Eric who are trying to do nothing more than share their passion for sim racing, and racing in general.

So I suggest you re-read what he typed, because it does not match your conclusion.

Please, let's just try to enjoy the racing, and leave these kinds of allegations off of here, especially since they have no substance.

I know Dewald, I was just being sarcastic.

I can have a problem with how things are being done at the top, but certainly have no problem with JES and I respect his work.

But it's really what's happening, Here It's like in real F1, but also RB and TR, there were 2 or 3 more covertly TR, sharing information, data, not bothering to track and not claiming when there is contact between them (different teams as I say). To me that is truly commit adultery competition therefore is not to be said that there are people throwing **** into the league; people in the league is spitting themselves and giving this image, but do not want to see, and it's easier to say that a third party is at fault.

Of course, after commentators and guild`s people complain because there are team orders in PM between a guy who fight for a World Championship and a rookie in WC; certainly this benefits the image of the league and seems mature.

Edit: no more post about it in this thread, it is not the place.

I know Dewald, I was just being sarcastic.

I can have a problem with how things are being done at the top, but certainly have no problem with JES and I respect his work.

But it's really what's happening, Here It's like in real F1, but also RB and TR, there were 2 or 3 more covertly TR, sharing information, data, not bothering to track and not claiming when there is contact between them (different teams as I say). To me that is truly commit adultery competition therefore is not to be said that there are people throwing **** into the league; people in the league is spitting themselves and giving this image, but do not want to see, and it's easier to say that a third party is at fault.

Of course, after commentators and guild`s people complain because there are team orders in PM between a guy who fight for a World Championship and a rookie in WC; certainly this benefits the image of the league and seems mature.

Edit: no more post about it in this thread, it is not the place.

Thanks for the maturity in your response. In the end, we all want to see FSR moving forward. And sorry for not spotting your sarcasm.

As a part time FSR "viewer" nothing has changed. Still a lot of crashing and cutting, still some entertaining races, still amusing post race threads and from time to time some odd penalties, but the cars now look better in the stream and dont hover anymore.

I of course know the diffrences in the cars as I have both driven them and can appreciate the challange of the tire management needed in rF2. But really the outside appearance hasnt changed at all and I still would never consider racing in FSR for several reasons, but it is a great series to watch.

First of all anyone who knows insights of FSR would agree if they are serious about FSR. Secondly I am by far not the only one complaining, but since you don't know anything about FSR then you can't possibly know of course. It is always amusing how some hobbyist FSR new comers attempt to assume stuff, having 0 knowledge. Do yourself a favor and give up.

Any of those above are taking FSR seriously by defending it. Lets not frustrate those that are new, all it does is push people away.

I think if you were more helpful than confrontational more people would accept you, but you just come off as seeking attention or just trying to put others down.

but 30 sec for 2 cuts is very harsh

But 5 cuts in 40 laps isn't?

To be honest, I think the time penalty is harsh. Also what counts as a cut lap is too much. For example, you can have a great sector 1 and 3, cut sector 2 and even slow down to take that cut into account, and still have the lap counted as a cut.

Regardless, that is the rule, which ALL the World Championship teams agreed to. So talk to your WC teams about next years rule book. If you are not part of a WC team, I am sure some of them will take suggestions, I know I would and I am always receptive to emails or PM's.

Ask your team if they ever asked to any team for working together without being same team, because I think they asked to almost all teams (and If Im not wrong you were asking Dian to enter in this group sometime ago :))

Just for your info, we aren't the only ones who are testing together, there are more teams that you don't know that they are actually doing it (But they just preffer not saying it public).

If Dian didn't protest me its because we are really good friends, I was very sorry for him. I was hoping him finishing just behind me so I could give him the position back. I know more people who aren't same team as me that they would do the same (See Marco in Bahrein when I hit him in last lap :whistling:).

I believe that talking the situations and having good relationships with the other drivers it's much more constructive than protesting wars.

But 5 cuts in 40 laps isn't?

To be honest, I think the time penalty is harsh.

Isn't harsh at all, mainly because isn't the same cutting twice than cutting 5 times, even there is 24 laps difference. The rule was done because you can go wide maybe 1-3 times a race (In WC it's even too much time lost going wide so many times :)) not more. In Hockenheim you could go wide 6 times, which I consider a lot, so you take illegally 6 times one corner gaining a lot of speed and of course nothing happens.

The rule should have been adapted, it wasn't. It's what it is, if you guys have read the rulebook you should always have this rule in mind. If you can't control this cutting, slow down, easy as that.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%