Race #6, Great Britain: Post-Race Checks

You can check your actual status of warnings and penalty points of the season HERE.

Alessandro Puoti

PQ: Clean
Q1: Clean
Q2: N/A
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Clean
Penalty: N/A

Alessio Campus

Q2: Clean

Artyom Aslamazyan

Q1: Cut T7
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Q1 infraction

Attila Szekely

Q1: N/A

Balazs Galyar

Barnabas Bodnar

Ben Tusting

PQ: N/A

Carlos Hernandez

Carlos Lopez

PQ: Cut T6
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for PQ infraction

Carlos Martin

Chris Knight

Daniel Kiss

Franz Schnyder

Giordano Valeriano

Harley Hamnett

PQ: Wrong file sent (Practice 1 lap)
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for PQ file submit infraction

Jackson Wendt

James Sadler

PQ: Wrong file sent(Practice 1 lap)
Log: Save All Replay Sessions="0" (.PLR setting)
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for PQ file submit infraction, Official Warning for .PLR setting

Jan Wenninger

Jonathan Holmes

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #5

Jorrick Boshove

Log: .tmp log
Penalty: No penalty for .tmp log since driver DNF

Kevin Siggy

Loic Decoux

Log: .tmp log
Penalty: No penalty for .tmp log since driver DNF

Mark Aalberts

Maurice Duecker

Launch Control: Not used
Penalty: Official Warning for launch control not used

Miguel Valiente

Q1: Wrong file sent(Q2 lap)
Log: Rearview="0" (.PLR setting)
Launch Control: Not used
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Q1 file submit infraction, Official Warning for .PLR setting

Mikael Combelles

Mikko Suokas

PQ: Not received
Q1: Not received
Q2: Not received
Log: Not received
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for PQ-Q1-Q2 file submit infraction, Disqualification for no log

Milan Radivojevic

Neil Debacquer

Rando Tamm

Rauno Muru

Rens Klop

Ryan Winsper

Tom Kelley

Tuomas Koriala

Incident #1
Driver(s) Involved: Kevin Siggy, Barnabas Bodnar
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 15 - 27:48

Protest: Bodnar opens and give no room to Kevin on apex corner causing Kevin spins and losing several positions.

Review: Siggy has a good exit out of Village but is a bit far back from Bodnar, but he tries a pass into The Loop, while he keeps his car on the kurb, the pass was optimistic. Bodnar tries to leave him room, but not enough as contact was made, but considering the distance away, both drivers could have done something to avoid the accident.

Verdict: No further action.

Incident #2
Driver(s) Involved: Jonathan Holmes, Barnabas Bodnar
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 3 - 7:53

Protest: Barnabas fastly catches after a slow chicane section from the pack in front. He heads towards the inside going into the fast right hander, but backs out early and puts his foot down to try and pass. Due to this, he hits the rear right of Jonathan which causes a dotted line of rear wing damage on Jonathan's car. Just after the quick left hander (next corner), Jonathan is in the middle of the track, and Barnabas then turns into Jonathan, hitting him again.

Review: On the entry to the fast right hander, Jonathan squeeses Bodnar too much, not leaving him enough room, Jonathan then goes deep into the turn, and Bodnar does not leave Jonathan enough room, so contact was made. Both drivers effectively made the same mistake.
The pair enter The Loop side by side, with Jonnathan on the insde carrying too much speed in, causing him to miss the ape and run slightly wide, Bodnar left enough room, and slight rubbing was made.

Incident #3
Driver(s) Involved: Barnabas Bodnar, Jorrick Boshove
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1 - 5:05

Protest: I loose the car and as I try to put it back on the racing line Jorrick Boshove bombs into the back of my car with full throttle because he didnt care about that i was in the middle of the track. I suffered damage from it which compromized my race and then later i had to DNF the race because of this damage.

Review: Heading into the turn, Bodnar looses control of his car and is in the middle of the track, Boshove tries to keep to the left, but Bodnars car is moving accross the track, and the colission was made causing Boshove to lose his front wing.

Incident #4
Driver(s) Involved: Barnabas Bodnar, Jonathan Holmes
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 4 - 8:40

Protest: I'm clearly alongside him as we approach to T1 but he just turns on me and leaves me no room. I was forced to back off.

Review: Bodnar has his front wing alonside into Copse, but brakes earlier than Jonathan. Jonathan initially leaves him room, taking a late apex, leaving just enough room for an early braking Bodnar.

Incident #5
Driver(s) Involved: Barnabas Bodnar, Jonathan Holmes
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 10 - 19:35

Protest: He hits me hard which gives me more damage. He is at a totally wrong line and he hits me which compromizes my acceleration coming out of the corner and it gives him illegal advantage.

Review: Jonathon clips the rear of Bodnar, causing Bodnar to get loose which presents an oppurtunity for Jonathan, who dives up the inside into The Loop, carrying a lot of speed in, contact is made between the pair in the middle of the turn, and Jonathan has ran wide, on the exit of the turn the duo once again make contact.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Jonathan Holmes.

Incident #6
Driver(s) Involved: Ben Tusting, Rens Klop
Lap/Replay Time: Lap 39 - 65:35

Protest: I make a move on Rens Klop, to pass him going into Vale. Rens doesn't give me any room, so he squeezes me onto the anti cut, which causes me to spin and loose all chance of being on the podium.

Review: Ben has fresh softs, and is much faster than Rens, and into Vale he brakes later around the outside, half his car is alongside into Club, where Rens leaves room on just slightly less than what was needed, and contact was made putting Ben into a spin. However, Ben's attempt was optimistic, and for that reason it was purely a racing incident.

About incedent #6, just wanting clarification as to why there is no penalty applied here, I don't mean to start a row, but it shouldn't matter if the pass is optimistic or not, if the defending car provides no room, then there is no point even to race. Say if I was on a straight, someone was coming up behind me, he is next to me, I will push him onto the grass. This is virtually the same story (different circumstances) but There was no room for Ben left, no time to duck out of the corner by braking, Rens should have left more room in my oppinion. Ben had rights to the corner which Rens cut off. This passing attempt wasn't really so much 'optimistic' as it has been performed in many circumstances. Unfortunate for the contact.

Thanks for the table Eduard. :) and also thanks for the videos.

Allow me to interject on this if I may as a bystander.

[quote="Jackson Wendt, post: 1467171, member: 83745" Say if I was on a straight, someone was coming up behind me, he is next to me, I will push him onto the grass. This is virtually the same story (different circumstances).
That is blocking which of that kind not allowed. Not sure if it is the same circumstance.

Regarding right of way in bends: Here is what the rule states:
7.1 The car on the inside line has right of way in a bend as long as they are under control, all situations will be judged on their own merits. When going two-wide through a bend, both drivers must give the other driver room for (a) their car (b) warping (connection lag) and (c) margin of error. In reality, this means that each driver must give the other driver a fair and sporting amount of space. So squeezing the other driver wide is not allowed. When overtaking a competitor, the attacking party should only attempt to overtake in a corner if at least the front of his car is alongside the defending party when they arrive at the turn-in point of the corner. If the attacking party tries to make a move from further back and makes contact with the defending party, the attacker will be held accountable. Conversely, if the defending party does not give enough room for the attacking party when they arrive at the apex of a corner side-by-side, ending in contact, the defending party will be held accountable.

Perhaps the key is the how far the attacker was alongside the defender at the point of turn in. If their nose is past the halfway point they the defender must give room. Apparently he has decided that the attacker was not far enough along side him at the turn in point.

From a racers POV, I actually think the decision is spot on. First of all its actually Rens on the ideal line and in my opinion its actually him having the right of way in bends. In fact in my opinion Rens gave him enough time and just enough space for Ben to get out there instead he decided to stick there with the spin as result. He goes very high up the curb and anyone driven that curb know you're rear will spin out if you go up to high on it. Racing incident in my case and I am not saying this because its Ben or that he is high up in the championship. If I where admin I would have made the same decision on this, in fact remember that Edu is actually team m8 from Ben so I actually have to give Edu credits for making non biased decisions as I would expect from any admin.;)

Of course when you ask 50 drivers 25 probably will think differently in this case, if I stood in Ben shoes I would have backed off knowing I would get at least 2 more chances to overtake Rens in the first chicane into the new section, or into Vale. Rens was always going to have the better drive out of that corner since he was on the ideal line and Ben had to sacrifice on exit despite differences in tires. This is just my opinion about how I see this.;)

Sorry just to clarify about my first post, I was only saying my oppinion too, I am not expecting a reprimand of the decision. :) I was just wanting an explaiation as to why this wasn't penalised.. Thanks Mark. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back