AC Race #2 Championship Abarth/Mazda@Bremgarten, Wed 19th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Anyway, do you want a rolling start for next week?
Had some time away from RD a while ago, needed a break, went on public servers and others, one of which all the events had rolling starts. The only difference imho is that the 1st lap accidents happen at a higher speed, and actually, it's common to get a bigger speed difference into the first corner 'cos there's a concertina effect as ppl try to grab an advantage, and those that mis-time it. Again, only imo.

Talk in this thread re driving standards... nothing new under the sun, it comes and goes over the years - as some have mentioned, 'popular' or easy to drive cars, and the more challenging ones, attract different kinds of racers, they've just got to be weeded out quick if there's a suspicion they don't g.a.f. :) I remember (the amazing!) Craig Dunkley pulling his hair out over this, he'd get the ban hammer out sharpish, put ppl 'on the bench' for a few races, or permanently out.

I'm prob being contentious by saying that :p

I agree with a lot of the comments made in this thread but I'd like to add one aspect.

I always race with the apps CarRadar (which I believe is equivalent to Helicorsa) and CrewChief and find them both invaluable in giving me awareness of who's around and when it's safe to move across.

I was one of the cars to the left of the driver who, just after the start, swerved left for a gap in front of him but not to the side! Although I came off less badly than Steve (hence I can understand his frustration) I'd like to think that instead of consciously swerving into me, the driver in question possibly had no idea I was there due to a lack of CarRadar and/or CrewChief.

Han @HF2000 , can we push the 'recommended apps' harder to make sure everyone is running them?

I agree with a lot of the comments made in this thread but I'd like to add one aspect.

I always race with the apps CarRadar (which I believe is equivalent to Helicorsa) and CrewChief and find them both invaluable in giving me awareness of who's around and when it's safe to move across.

I was one of the cars to the left of the driver who, just after the start, swerved left for a gap in front of him but not to the side! Although I came off less badly than Steve (hence I can understand his frustration) I'd like to think that instead of consciously swerving into me, the driver in question possibly had no idea I was there due to a lack of CarRadar and/or CrewChief.

Han @HF2000 , can we push the 'recommended apps' harder to make sure everyone is running them?
I think this is a good idea. I would love to make it mandatory but there's no way I can check it, I think.
I'm using Helicorsa myself but maybe CarRadar is better. Is there anyone who has tried both?

I think this is a good idea. I would love to make it mandatory but there's no way I can check it, I think.
I'm using Helicorsa myself but maybe CarRadar is better. Is there anyone who has tried both?
I suspect even 'saying' they're mandatory would be better than saying 'recommended' (even if you have no way of checking!)

Sorry I haven't tried Helicorsa ( I was already using CarRadar and had got use to it and hence felt it was in the spirit of 'recommended'!) :)

Richard might be right, he may not of seen us but when he did he could of lifted off the gas which he did not as i can testify. Also, i have sent pm and had no response. I was not rude and asked for his take on it. Finally, and i have to ask how drivers feel being on a track with someone with 48 incidents in only two races? Not hard to identify him which i wont but just trying to avoid him is not easy especially as he has pace. I cant say i am looking forward to meeting him again next week.

Richard might be right, he may not of seen us but when he did he could of lifted off the gas which he did not as i can testify. Also, i have sent pm and had no response. I was not rude and asked for his take on it. Finally, and i have to ask how drivers feel being on a track with someone with 48 incidents in only two races? Not hard to identify him which i wont but just trying to avoid him is not easy especially as he has pace. I cant say i am looking forward to meeting him again next week.
If I'm correct about who you're talking about, then he actually has 48 incidents per race. Unbelievable...

We'd need something like what SRS has, where you're suspended for a week every time you reach 20 incidents in one race.

Last edited:
I've had a close look at this incident again in slow motion from various cars and angles and it just seems like (imho) a racing incident. Richard was going for a gap and the other car moved over and was spun around ever so slightly. A bit like Russell at silverstone

Rather than a rolling start, these kind of incidents could be avoided if drivers stayed 'in lane' until the first corner. You could say this spoils the fun - but so does having your race wrecked in the first corner.

Rolling starts dont solve jack imo...This is racing guys,i,ve been hit,bumped,taken off,spun off,some even not stopping..If you dont report an incident,problem never gets resolved...Yeh its annoying it pisses u off..Its all part of it...Also another key factor is practice,and patience. Its not a 1 lap race...I use Helicorsa,car radar,track map,crewchief,u name it i,ve got it,my 4 screens are full of data and stuff..Oohh back to work..Part 2 to follow.

If I'm correct about who you're talking about, then he actually has 48 incidents per race. Unbelievable...

We'd need something like what SRS has, where you're suspended for a week every time you reach 20 incidents in one race.
Incidents are not a reliable benchmark in S.GP. Every contact with the environment like fences also counts as an incident. I will watch his whole race in the replay and decide then if I'm going to contact him.

Nothing like Russel at Silverstone actually Colin and Richard was not going for a gap. All we were doing was trying to get to the first corner with as little drama as possible. Anyway, this can go on and on and won't change anything. Mika was right though, 48 incidents per race! I am guessing you are alright with him being beside you in the next race then?

Incidents are not a reliable benchmark in S.GP. Every contact with the environment like fences also counts as an incident. I will watch his whole race in the replay and decide then if I'm going to contact him.
In S.GP you also have the amount of car collisions and environment collisions separately, but I agree that any penalty system using AC's incident count and nothing more would be flawed.

20 Incidents per race no matter the count is is "worse than Mazespin" Level bad.

Even if only scraped the barriers or put 4 wheels off he/she/it is not a trustworthy driver.

One of our drivers spoiled the Bremgarten race for FOUR other drivers (that I know of) by crashing into them.

In that state I don't care for intent anymore, ir just sours the Racing for me.

I strongly advocat for strict marshalling for a set period, and If my defence is deemd dangerous I'll take the hit and learn from it.

Especially Golden Rule has completely gone the way of the Dodo

MFG Carsten

OK guys. I have said that I will look into this and take whatever action I think is appropriate.
Let's stop this discussion for now. Enough has been said.

But to manage your expectations beforehand, I believe in giving people a second chance when they admit their mistakes and promise to do better.

I will change the text for usage of Helicorsa/CarRadar/CrewChief to give it the status of an indispensable tool for multiplayer racing.

EDIT:
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

Last edited:
Just watched the replay from several cars. Man what a great race! And my stomach still hurts from the laughter. Here why Carsten had to return to the pits.

1666387338787.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back