AC Race #2 Championship Abarth/Mazda@Bremgarten, Wed 19th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You'll be OK Ernie. Feels like the Abarth has a 1 sec advantage after the last corner down to the first corner. So the best place to get past the Mazda. You probably have the same time advantage on the back of the circuit but no place to pass. Going to be fun :)

I almost matched your time last night, Colin, after you left the server. I have to find some consistency, though.

Hi guys, I had a pretty hard weekend and Had no time to practice at all. I just know that I have the trak already installed (I did it after having registered to the championship) and will try to join the server a little earlier than usual, but I will be most probably a hindrance.. please be kind :p
On the other hand the track is so long that it is unlikely that after having been passed by everyone I'll be lapped so I can continue driving and enjoy the landscape without harming anyone :roflmao:

Hi guys, I had a pretty hard weekend and Had no time to practice at all. I just know that I have the trak already installed (I did it after having registered to the championship) and will try to join the server a little earlier than usual, but I will be most probably a hindrance.. please be kind :p
On the other hand the track is so long that it is unlikely that after having been passed by everyone I'll be lapped so I can continue driving and enjoy the landscape without harming anyone :roflmao:

Hopefully you can join. If you can avoid crashing you will gain places.

It seems long, but it is not that difficult to learn, and it is not that long either. You will soon learn it.
Especially as the corners punish you. So by the end of practice you will be very familiar with the bits that matter. The rest is foot to the floor.
I alway come off, every time I am here, irrespective of practice time, so you definitely will not be alone, and I know this circuit well.:roflmao::roflmao:

this track was fun last lap i went all-in :'D, didnt expect at the start to reach the top since i didnt practice on the abarth and on Practice session with couple lap i saw my delta on 28,0 when i saw Ernie time on qualy my expectation was atleast the podium cuz i was thinkin about how hard was to pass the cars infront in this track . short story i made it to the top from the bottom with a best lap of 2.26.5 on last lap cuz in my brain i was like what if i crash at the last lap :'D. Congratz to Ernie and Allan for p1 class :D . also Ernie ty for pulling the car on the side of the road when i was behind :'D

My pc only recorded the last half hour. How can i get the race start recording. I want to identify the driver who rammed me, ok it happens but continued to ram me until he managed to shove me off the road. He has wound me up a treat, maybe if i can see what happened i can calm down a bit. Was looking forward to tonight, spent time on it, qualied 8th all for nowt. Pissed off

My pc only recorded the last half hour. How can i get the race start recording. I want to identify the driver who rammed me, ok it happens but continued to ram me until he managed to shove me off the road. He has wound me up a treat, maybe if i can see what happened i can calm down a bit. Was looking forward to tonight, spent time on it, qualied 8th all for nowt. Pissed off
I can send you a link to the replay file, just a moment. I'll msg you on Discord, if that's ok?

Hi Steve. If you have seen the replay from Mika, please contact the guy first to talk it over.
If you're not satisfied after that, give me a PM with the laps where it happened.

Well this race had a lot of everything... especially "fencidents". :confused:

I had a good start but couldn't dodge the first lap pile up and lost a bunch of places there... even before reaching T1. :( I did manage to avoid other 4 or 5 incidents but the one I couldn't put me behind a fence, where I lost the way and almost a minute trying to find a gap to get back on track and carry on... After my half-race pitstop I had one incident on my own at T1 in which I touched grass, went uphill and catapulted my car into the air on a spin that would have been the envy of Cirque du Soleil. I landed on my "roof" so I got sent back to the pits once more and after that it was a long, at times lonely, recovery race with some fun moments with Gary, Taj, Omar and the leaders for whom I did my best to let them by and carry on with their own pursuits. Before all went to shreds I was chasing Thomas and I think I could have ended close to him without the off-track excursions. Oh well, too bad. But it was fun and I improved my PB in the race by half a second so, I can't complain at the end... better luck next time.

Congratulations to the podium finishers and thank you Han for organising it. I will be missing next week's event due to holidays but I'll see you lot in a fortnight for the next Championship race... until then, cheers! :coffee:

Last edited:
My replay only recorded 57 minutes so I couldn't watch the start where I was collected by the crash ahead that took me from P12 to P23, dead last (even behind Han who started from the pitlane).

Presumably it was the incident that took Steve out so I'll watch Fulvios version.

After that my first few laps were picking up a couple of places and trying, mostly failing , to avoid other people's crashes.

I pitted at the earliest opportunity to get clear air and got my head down for the last 50 minutes. That proved a good strategy as I had decent pace and picked up places as others made mistakes or pitted.

I finished P11 only 3 seconds behind the battle for P8, P9 and P10.

Congratulations to everyone who survived and the podiums.

Thanks Han for organising, of course.

This one was a case of ‘could have, should have, would have’!! :rolleyes:

Qualified 3rd with some good pace, was listening to Han’s briefing and forgot to put the Abarth in gear,:redface: slammed it in just as the lights went out. (Senior moment 1:O_o:) Managed to hang onto 3rd on the first lap despite some close attention from the Mazdas behind.

Had Colin and Mika for company through the twisty bits but managed to fend them off on the straights but then the old problem occurred………………….lack of concentration after 30 minutes!!! (Senior moment 2:redface:)….Arrggggh! I forgot where I was on the track, was checking real-time for the gap behind and instead on being at the fast section towards the end of the lap, I was at the fast uphill right hander where if you hit the fence on the left you get propelled though the hedge on the right, and guess what happened??…………… yes, I found myself on the golf course or whatever that well manicured piece of scenery is the other side of the hedge. But unlike Han, I found my was back onto the track but was now down in 11th or 12th place.

I decided to pit but overshot my box by a long way (Senior moment 3) as the box didn’t appear until I was right upon it.

Rejoined behind Han but he had to pit and when he did I managed to just get by while taking Thomas at the same time.

Han was soon on my tail and when he went past at the same right hander (see above) I lifted slightly as I thought he was going a touch too fast to make it cleanly. I was right as Han too explored the countryside the other side of the hedge!

Some close racing towards the end with Thomas and Robert made this an enjoyable if slightly frustrating race but P8 and P3 in class was as much as I could expect after my senior moments that cost me dearly.

One interesting thing, talking of senior moments and I don’t know the exact answer, but the average age of the top four qualifiers must be quite high………...is this an indicator that old guys rule or just that some of them (me) have an attention span of a goldfish?:rolleyes::rolleyes::redface::O_o:

Well done podium, Colin for hanging on in there for 4th and Han for organizing.

I really do not like being in front, everything to lose nothing to gain.
And as Fulvio was hot on my heals suddenly realised I had not done a pit stop fuel, or did I, or ? Forgot about the next corner, around I went and a trip into the woods., past went Fulvio and Allan. Bugger.
Took this as an opportunity to test my pit stop, luckily it was done for me by accident, off I went in pursuit of Allan. Fulvio is in another league or two , so no problem there.
Much prefer chasing,, Allan gave me a lot of grief, but luckily only a few laps to worry about.
Thanks to everyone who gave me an easy time on my chase of Allan, and to the podiums too. Difficult race, listen to the chit chat on my laps.:roflmao:
Nice to have something positive happen after some terrible races.:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.5%