Race #11, Germany: Post-Race Discussion

I've read the whole post twice, so I know what every one's written so far.

But the main thing is : Why dont you make 1-3 little sentences what is allowed on a certain track and what is not? Its like work for about 1 minute. Everybody will know what is allowed and what is not. Just clearify it before each race with 1-3 sentence and FSR doesnt get this discussions its so easy to avoid it.

And only by saying "its in the rules, read it" is ok, but its just heating up people. In the real F1 they also have a drivers briefing before each race and they know exactly where they are allowed to go wide and where they are not, why dont make it here too with only 1-3 sentence, work of 1 extra minute? Thats just very simple. No one wants these discussions and thats an easy and fair way to avoid it. Its just an idea from my objective view here, im not forcing someone :D

1. Don't cut
2. Don't crash (in to other people)
3. Don't do what Donny Don't does

Ok, to be serious for a second:

I think if we put up some small hints of what you can and can't do, people still wouldn't read about them. There is a lot of stuff in the rulebook that can't be known just by thinking with "common sense", you need to read it to see what to expect.

Like a lot of people have pointed out, this rule is very old. I've only been here since 2008 but I got to know it very fast in my rookie year (not because I cut but because I read the rules and asked questions from the race directors back then).

I guess the point is that you should never assume to know what is right, just read the rules and if that doesn't clear things up then ask questions from your race director.

I do agree that we did wrong.. yes i just dont think the punishment fits the crime.. its like 2 races ruined for nothing... i dont mind the dq at hockenheim.. but now hungary is ruined too from a mistake in qualifying..

I do like the idea of having a what we can do and what we cant like last year it was perfect.. we knew what to do and not what to do.. would take 10 minutes to do so.. but in future races now we at ash racing will do a pre race check to see what the track has and see if there are any cut areas and have them confirmed... this way we will avoid this...

But one thing in hungary we loose 26 seconds for s1.. if my appeal fails i shall pull into the pits after lap 1 i think and retire.. as its pointless racing at the back all race for 70 odd laps :\ saves me rushing home from work that day thats all :D

I'm not surprised to see you posting again Lee. :)

I mentioned in my earlier post that I agree the rules aren't perfect and that things could be improved. But I also mentioned that the power to change rules ONLY has the Team Owner's Association, be it before or during a season.
Will you realize this please? You can look it up in the Club documents.
All teams agreed to these rules pre-season, without an exception.

So now that I look at the TOA, there is not any discussion about this matter, for example started by your team, so the Administration must assume that the things you write are pure polemics, and that's why, to be honest, we do not care.
You can do one hundred more rants if you like, but the only thing that can assess the rules is a TOA discussion.

People should really start to understand that certain statutes and procedures are in place for the Club and FSR to operate within. It has taken former Admin in the past decade many days and weeks to shape these documents and have them voted by all teams.
This place is not anarchy, which is why your behaviour isn't tolerated.

I also agree with Kunkel's and Smirnoff's posts. Simracing, at least in a class like the AutoGP WC, is much more than taking your wheel and being fast. There are drivers though who haven't and probably will never realize this.
It's the same in F1...or does anyone really think Schumacher has won 7 titles due to pure talent? It's not talent that wins, but effort and cleverness. Never leave anything for the coincidence, else you lose.

I do agree that we did wrong.. yes i just dont think the punishment fits the crime.. its like 2 races ruined for nothing... i dont mind the dq at hockenheim.. but now hungary is ruined too from a mistake in qualifying..

Your team accepted the 2010 Rules package, so next year tell your team manager to reject that rule if it's the same as this year :tongue:

Btw, I know what are your feeling, it's something frustrating, but Mikko just did his job ...

I could not resist :D

And again stop saying there rants as your starting to annoy me now... im stating an opinion which i have done all along i have not had a go at anyone or anything ive simply stated what i believe to be wrong..

Why do you never listen yourself too ?

I understand the rules.. i do agree with your bottom paragraph.. being clever leaving no stone unturned yes now i have learnt each track we must check out.. etc

i have driven very well this year you have said so yourself.. i will not go back to last years pathetic behavious on and off track.. and i have not done so on this forum.. i have stated an opinion but you accusing me of going back to last year is not helping things... i was very mad at first and still am as i think alot of people benefit from being snide and disrespectful.

I have always tried to do everything to the rules this year and tried to help fsr as i would love to see it become big but things like this hinder it.. it realy does.. and it puts people off.

Why dont we all group together and talk these things through instead of harsh penaltys being awarded and nothing said of the matter.. thats unjustified in any part of the world...

Also please explain so far what behavious i have done to not be tolerated... as i have kept within the rules so far and do not expect to recieve anything about my opinion.

This year more than most i have wanted to prove a point to people and so far and from now on i will do so.

Also david yes.. i have no malice towards anyone.. no one at all.. especialy mikko.. he has been very fair with me this year and everyone.. which i appreciate, im not trying to have a go at one specific person im simply stating that something is wrong and needs looking into for future refrence.. like the cutting.. infact next race i intend to help this by going round and finding places of possible danger and then posting on the forum to ask for clearence.. this way everyone and myself knows.... good idea ?

Why dont we all group together and talk these things through instead of harsh penaltys being awarded and nothing said of the matter.. thats unjustified in any part of the world...

Do you actually read me?
That's what I have said at least two times now, there should be a discussion about it in the TOA. But no one can force them.

The rest of your post is nice, and because you're about to go back to normal I won't remind you of the things you said in your earlier posts, because these looked very different.

• Florian Bekker

I think the punishes if you take the rules strictly are correct.

Although I think for the real F1 Experience a change on rules for going wide at exits of corners is needed. It's not that 1 driver did this. Seeing back the replay, every driver used it at least a few times. A lot of driver considered it as part of the track and that makes it a bit harsh for those who are punished.

Although not knowing the exact rules, is not the fault of the organization but of the driver and or team. If we are uncertain we should have asked it.

Btw: Punishing Lee Morris for the same offense (quali/race) is kinda unfair in my opinion and I hope this could be revised for him. As his qualification cut did not matter as for the race he was DQed.

Anyway I speak out for myself here and not in name of Ash Racing.

Im sure FSR will do its best to please all.. just been a very frustrating week, had a good chat with Dennis on msn the other day seems he had some good things to say too.. this forum dont make people look good sometimes.. as i said all along i meant no harm to anyone.. was just trying to prove a point which seems to have worked..

I just hope my qualifying ban from hungary will be removed or at least changed to a back of the grid as i dont think thats fair.. its ruined my race already... and like you say my hockenheim MISTAKE was already punished for the DQ in the race...so please take this into consideration when you review my qualifying appeal please :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back