Race #10, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

One interesting question is if our car physics penalyze speed when Front wings are higher.

(not sure if there are differences among FW=0 and FW=1 ;))

Last edited:
Thats why I think that the aero is realy weird in this mod...

Aero grip should be higher and mechanical grip should be lower, in case u loose a FW then u loose much more time etc.

Monza is such a special track, basically is the only real FAST track on the season. I'm not sure now, but probably nobody tested the mod here during beta stage, and focused on more normal tracks.

Tire grip is something complicated, as there is no data at all from F1. I have however data from Bridgestone 2008 GP2 tires and technically they produced higher lateral forces than the tires from our mod, so...

Probably something that would have needed more time is to find a better correlation between the downforce coming from the diffuser/wings, probably there is too much downforce coming from the diffuser, and that's why you can drive at Monza with pretty competitive times without wings.

Probably something that would have needed more time is to find a better correlation between the downforce coming from the diffuser/wings, probably there is too much downforce coming from the diffuser, and that's why you can drive at Monza with pretty competitive times without wings.

Are you trying to say me, that you used Ferrari Wind tunel? :p

In any case David, have you tried to do a lap without wings?

Cause my top speed with wings 1-1 (set up that I used for racing this weekend) was of 345, and without wings was of 383 km/h. I dunno how minimal wings can have such drag that your topspeed is 38 km/h less. I remember that during pre-season I complained about this. gonna upload a lap, prepare to laugh :p

In any case David, have you tried to do a lap without wings?

Cause my top speed with wings 1-1 (set up that I used for racing this weekend) was of 345, and without wings was of 383 km/h. I dunno how minimal wings can have such drag that your topspeed is 38 km/h less. I remember that during pre-season I complained about this. gonna upload a lap, prepare to laugh :p

I haven't driven myself, but I've seen Mo and Eduard trying it. Can't remember speeds up to 383 kph, but there must be an important difference between "minimal wing angle" and no wing. Just think about the speed gain when they open DRS, easily 10-15 km/h, and that's only a small part of the rear wing ...

Just think about the speed gain when they open DRS, easily 10-15 km/h, and that's only a small part of the rear wing ...

Not in Monza imo. I remember 2011, Schumy against Hamilton, that Hamilton couldnt pass him.

In the other hand I must say that I respect a lot your working mod, I dunno how to do it, thats why I respect it a lot, I'm just trying to show what for me are mistakes to make it better for next year :)

Not in Monza imo. I remember 2011, Schumy against Hamilton, that Hamilton couldnt pass him.

That was because Hamilton had more downforce and a shorter 7th gear, he was hitting the rev limiter pretty soon. Schumi on the other hand ran less downforce and a longer 7th gear, so at the end of the straight he was as fast or even faster than Hamilton with DRS+slipstream. And Schumi was often using KERS there as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back