Race #10, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Of course, we didn't expect so many speed difference at start.
Obviously, 1st gear to >174kph was a selfish fake argument.
As far as i know rpm limit is at 18.000rpm. At least our car.

Last edited:
Find it a bit lame that people are blaming PSR for poor starts just because they dont know how to use TC override.:D Now i probably shoot myself in my foot by saying this, but i find it a bit hypocrite that they are blamed for something many drivers are actualy doing. Setting the 1st gear to long for a proper start but actualy for the slowest corner. I know many use this to still have good starts with dodgy first gear. :sneaky:

About the crash, Youre the one from behind its youre task to go around whatever the reason was for the one in front stalling. And yes 170kmh first gear is insane,.. but still.

@ Maxrufus rpm limit is indeed 18000 but in LC start the rpm is much lower, not sure how much precisely but i think it was around 8 9 k or something depending on the gear as well. Better test LC starts so you know whats going to happen.

About the crash, Youre the one from behind its youre task to go around whatever the reason was for the one in front stalling. And yes 170kmh first gear is insane,.. but still.

You don't help with such comments, really. When someone is massively slow, and I mean really massively, like they were (have you even checked the WC replay?), it causes very dangerous situations. If you are on the rear, maybe you have another car in front that doesn't let you see the slow car, or maybe you brake and the car from the rear hits you....it's very risky for the rest, way too much.

Looks my clutch noob mistake in long beach during RF2 FSR winter season... it was the chaos behind me... :/ car flying etc. :O_o:
It's sure it can create serious confusions. it's racing and we need to be aware if the guy in front misses his start. but when the setup is made to have a really poor start it's sure it's risky for other but for ourself also.

Guys guys guys common.

I said to my own teammate who was behind that he needed to be carefully about my first gear setup very long. Maybe we need to say this.

But still on the other hand. When i have a poor start for real, like Webber does always and someone puts his nose in my back its not my fault. Its always the one from behind.

Thats why i really think we shouldn't use LC. LC Its for noobs.

And when people saying that the use of LC is because of start crashes i think they need to think again. This because we always have start crashes in the first lap. And thats not because of the launch control. Its just bad behaviour.

But still on the other hand. When i have a poor start for real, like Webber does always and someone puts his nose in my back its not my fault. Its always the one from behind.

But Marcel in F1 they are not using LC anymore, I think is FSR is using LC is because you can expect a decent start.

I'm the first one who doesnt like LC, but if we use it I think its completly useless if you use a 174 km/h first gear.

It just came back to my mind the Winter Series starts... I never survived ^^

And when people saying that the use of LC is because of start crashes i think they need to think again. This because we always have start crashes in the first lap. And thats not because of the launch control. Its just bad behaviour.

You said yourself that those start crashes aren't because of LC, but because of bad behaviour. Adding the clutch element in to the start would only increase incidents (happened often enough in 2008).

Personally I was surprised no one protested these 1st gears because it's quite unusual to have 4 cars from 1 team, all within ~5-6 positions on the grid having a really bad start. In my opinion it was unnecessary and very dangerous for the cars behind.

If it was up to me I'd set a fixed 1st gear ratio in this mod right now to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You said yourself that those start crashes aren't because of LC, but because of bad behaviour. Adding the clutch element in to the start would only increase incidents (happened often enough in 2008).

Personally I was surprised no one protested these 1st gears because it's quite unusual to have 4 cars from 1 team, all within ~5-6 positions on the grid having a really bad start. In my opinion it was unnecessary and very dangerous for the cars behind.

If it was up to me I'd set a fixed 1st gear ratio in this mod right now to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Well i couldn't get my gears spaced like i wanted it. We did tests but i couldn't find the right feeling. Thats why i said to the one behind me that he needed to watch out because of my bad first gear for start.

But to use the first gear only for start is strange.

I don't know how the LC stuff works but can't there be a fix to use higher revs?

But Marcel in F1 they are not using LC anymore, I think is FSR is using LC is because you can expect a decent start.

I'm the first one who doesnt like LC, but if we use it I think its completly useless if you use a 174 km/h first gear.^^
Yo, Carlos, In F1, they rev to the limit that they think they can get the best start with. I have used our setup for gearing and yes, it was long, but if we were allowed to use 18,000 rpm like the cars can rev to, there wouldn't be any issue.. Personally, I agree that some people can't start without LC but some can, so why not let the driver decide what he wants to use. LC doesn't gain much advantage over a nice non LC start..

I believe it should be down to personal opinion..

Yo, Carlos, In F1, they rev to the limit that they think they can get the best start with. I have used our setup for gearing and yes, it was long, but if we were allowed to use 18,000 rpm like the cars can rev to, there wouldn't be any issue.. Personally, I agree that some people can't start without LC but some can, so why not let the driver decide what he wants to use. LC doesn't gain much advantage over a nice non LC start..

I believe it should be down to personal opinion..
In real f1 they dont rev to the limit that they THINK the can reach, in f1 you have a double clutch system where you pre select with 1 clutch and when the lights go out the release the other clutch and of you go.

In real f1 they dont rev to the limit that they THINK the can reach, in f1 you have a double clutch system where you pre select with 1 clutch and when the lights go out the release the other clutch and of you go.
but, they rev to their optimum level to get away from the line. If our optimum level is 15-18000 then why shouldn't we be able to use it... It was just a suggestion anyway..

I was well over a seond slower with no FW. You outbraked me into T1, don't you remember?

Yeah and im happy that i came out of slipstream because i was not aware that you lost a wing. Might should be happy that you could brake still so late, otherwise i probably would have lost a FW if you had braked earlyer. I had damage and i actualy thought it was because of that that i hardly could get a tow from you. It was not ment as critisme at you btw, just hate it when people start about realisme. Just dont think its possible to brake so late without FW on a real F1 car down from 340kmh.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%