RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, first off I must say I had much better luck than last week (not that it could have been much worse). I really like this track - even though I'm not particularly fast on it compared to the top-tier guys, I have been lapping consistently which makes racing less of a chore and much more fun. It also seemed that everyone was lapping pretty close to each other, which kept the pack reasonably close (also much more fun).

Qual: Didn't have time to race on this track at all before the practice session, so I just stuck with a race setup (13 laps of fuel). This left me in last out of those who completed qual laps - P9 of 11 overall.

Race 1: This had a very rocky beginning. Started from the back and avoided the usual fun at T1, gained a couple positions. I believe on the straight heading to T2 someone was sliding across the track and I had no way of avoiding them (maybe it was Ryan? - I haven't reviewed the replay yet) and nailed them in the door. Luckily I took on no damage, found myself in P7 chasing Gaynall. I think heading into T4 he surprised me with a change of speed and I locked up to avoid him, but I failed and I knocked him in the rear quarter and spun him (Sorry :( - glad it didn't damage you though). So upon waiting for him to get back in position and for a safe re-entry I was in last. The rest of the race I spent clawing back into position - had a fun run chasing down Warren and Tim for several laps specifically. With a little luck and some consistent laps I picked one off at a time and eventually finished P5. Was happy with this run after the way it started:beer:

Race 2: Started P4 and had a little bit of stability problems with the Alfa in the first lap or so. Dropped back a few spots, but was again able to settle out in P5. Almost caught up to Warren to challenge for P4 but had a slight bobble on the final lap :( Finished again in P5, which actually put me in P4 overall after both races.

Great event and hopefully this carries on to this weekend's RDGTC race at Mid-Ohio!

Here's a screenshot taken at round 3 :)

andrewsshagpadwithmilkandte2a.jpg

• Matt Crouch

I can t connect to Steam since yesterday :frusty:

this is probably an issue on your end as steam is working fine for everyone else :)

Have you tried deleting the "clientregistry.blob" file in your steam folder and restarting steam?
also, unlikely, but if you have recently changed your router to put you in a DMZ (you will know if you have), then steam won't start.

Possible problem with pit stops !!!

Possible problem with pit stops !!!

I did some tests because I read about problems with pit stops at Spa some time ago if "automatic steering in pits" is enabled.

I had a short talk about that with Bram yesterday evening on track and he told me that this should have been only an issue in the 1.0 version of the track. However for me the problem is still there. When I enterd pits the car stopped right after the pit light - no other way than pressing ESC to get from there (tried it 3 times). I send a PM to bram to check and possibly put a note into the top post, but he certainly have not read my message yet. Since the event is comming closer I thought it would be good to warn you at least here.

So please - either check if automatic pit stop is working for you or switch it off.

See you later,
Nico

Might try to join now its one hour later ... hardly even fired up my GTL since I got it 3 months ago, dying for an excuse to do so :wink2:

Cars TBC since I have not driven em I have no clue

If the server fills up, feel free to boost me on to reserves list unless I say I am defo in :good:

EDIT: just spent a few hours in there ... don't boot me out pls :D

Another fun event, but gutted i broke my headset so no mic for me and i would have loved to respond to some of the insults that where thrown at me you cowards :laugh2:

The Camaro well what can i say first a puncture then lost two wheels so decided it was then time to blow the engine.

The Camaro demolition derby was hilarious and we should do this again, you know that Buxton or me would win this hands down though :laugh2:

Due to recent mis-behaviour in the club and win-or-nothing approaches to events, the Staff have decided to ban points from club races to prevent this happneing, once we see a big improvement, there may be points in the future.

this is probably an issue on your end as steam is working fine for everyone else :)

Have you tried deleting the "clientregistry.blob" file in your steam folder and restarting steam?
also, unlikely, but if you have recently changed your router to put you in a DMZ (you will know if you have), then steam won't start.

I ve already delete this file "clientregistry.blob" yesterday

I again remade this evening, always impossible to connect me to Steam

this morning my son is connected without problem to play CS

I dont understand the problem

My DMZ is open and firewall too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling