RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry guys but I didn't sign up as I suspected this weekend may be needed for other reasons. With last week's cyclone and now flooding, the week I had at work and the need to catch up on the work that was put on hold, I'm going to have to miss out. Hope it is of the usual standard. Feel free to post replays to make me jealous.

• Michael Mcalister

signup

hello, im new in here so bare with me , how do i go about racing in singapore,i dont have the track,what do i need to do. thanks for your help michael mcalister

hello, im new in here so bare with me , how do i go about racing in singapore,i dont have the track,what do i need to do. thanks for your help michael mcalister

Michael, in the first post there is a link to the track. Download it then copy the contents of the rar file into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\<steam name>\race 07\

That's all.

Also make sure to use your full name in-game.

Would you like me to add you to the entry list? The race is tomorrow (all info are in the 1st post). Also, once u installed the track feel free to join our practice server. You get to meet some of the people racing with you and learn some more:)

Well, i finally got around to giving this combo a good go, and i have to say that this is one tough combo to master. Taking some experience from GTR2 i tried to set the car up like i would a Maranello in GTR 2. The key to this track i think, is to be aggressive and attack the corners.

Turns 1 and 2 are slightly tricky. Turn 1 is forgiving with the curbs while turn 2 is deadly, you want to enter such that you go over the rumble strips inside turn one and have some room to steer into the second part of the chicane without grabbing too much of the curb. It seems the track is forgiving in the "cut" of turn 1, but overall it doesn't affect the times TOO much, perhaps 1 tenth.

Turn 3 is very tricky, it reminds me of Macao. It's completely blind and a good line involves a great deal of risk, and a whole lot of balls to take fast. You don't really want to brake late on this one, brake with the groove on this one, and you want to somewhat coast into it nearly missing the inside wall and getting on the gas as soon as you're clear. On exit you have to watch out for the outside tires, so if you're not lined up, you're in trouble. If you can keep the car at about 100 kph or 60 mph you're wicked fast.

Turn 4, you can brake slightly late here, I use first gear in this corner, shift down to 2nd but be weary when going into first, make sure the revs are down or you're going sideways. Hug the inside wall, but not too close, get on the throttle a little early but not too hard, if you throttle steer here its a great help and you can fly out of this corner.

Turn 5, the sweeping right, when exiting turn 4 you want to get on the left a little more on exit and begin turning in to T5, be weary of the wall as it likes to straighten out in some places, all in all balls to the wall on this one, flat out.

Turn 6, braking late on this one, use engine brake to your advantage here braking hard getting down to about 100 kph, you can turn in a bit late to avoid the curb or you can turn in with the groove and go over the curb a little bit, but you have to be more careful on the exit or the rear end can find the tires.

Turn 7, coming out of T6 hard on the throttle, turn in and get off the throttle a bit to let the nose come in, and get back on the throttle firmly, the rear end will be a little loose but nothing hard to handle.

Coming into Turn 8 you can brake a little late but you want to turn in early to grab a bit of the curb, being careful on the throttle so you don't lose it when you go over.

Accelerating hard approaching Turn 9 you want to get on the right side fairly quickly. Braking here is a little tough as the brakes are hot from the previous section, you want to take care that you don't brake too hard or you'll under steer. You want to get close to the curb but definitely do not go over this one, you'll lose precious time, hard on the throttle you can run a bit wide but obviously careful not to over do it.

Last corner is tricky, approaching it i like to be a bit far from the barrier, exiting T9 i keep a bit left over the hill, and approaching Turn 10 diving towards the right hand side, braking late and staying in 4th turning in as i reach the barrier on the right and coasting slightly until the car is turning in, then getting hard on the throttle nudging the curb on the inside flat out following through. An Excellent exit here is around 180-185 kph.

And thats how I race this little monster. Managed a time of 1:01.813 i believe. Though i don't know if it got on the boards.

A race of 2 halves.

First 40 mins was great, consistent laps, great fights and after I had changed a few settings better conrol on the barke peddle.

Second 40 mins peddle set started to slide all over the place, so much so that at one point my top speed was 168kph because I couldn`t reach the damn gas peddle. Had to keep pulling it back, racing a bit, then pulling it back again. Sad, sad, sad.

I am going to have to make a bracket for them.

Thanks Andrew and RD, excellent choice of track as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back