RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi there friends

another great night of audis shame the first track wont work it us very fun to drive this audis but andrestrop was ok also a bit of crazy accidents but i think in this cars everybody goes more o less very close to each other and some times happens congrats all one more time for the fair play a fun

see u all next one

cheers:clap:

Goodbye laurent, nice knowing you. Andrew replay is at about 815 seconds.

Anyway Race 1 went ok and nothing spectacular apart from a nice fight with Ryan Mortimer.
Race 2 I jumped the start and my stop and go just involved me stopping and then go(ing) without the 10 seconds. Odd bug there.
Lots of spins and a crash on the last lap = fail.

I would love to, but am not sure whether I will make it on time! Dont know whether Andrew's Mini rules apply here, otherwise put me on reserve.

Great track :) (where are the wings for the Cats :D)

Attachments

• Sachsenring.jpg
    Sachsenring.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 184
That was some good compensation for our track trouble earlier,race one from the back after spending most of my qual time trying to go through the tracks in setups to find a set,,,thats a well programmed system that aint it?,click through tracks in alphabetical order one by one...finished 3rd after various good racing moments.
Race 2 the start was a lagged out mess that saw me into the pit wall a bit,took my chances on the run outside of T1 and was clear and away,after a pass or 2 it was a chase on Tibor in the lead and when slipped off a bit i was through for the lead,Keith was closing in good and then i saw something ive never seen in an RD server before......a driver doing donuts in the middle of the track just before the braking zone for T2....safe to say this sort of distracted me a little????........almost went off at T2 with not braking in time and Keith has my lead,i have to disagree when he says it was a great race at the end.....
Thank You Andrew for recovering a dead loss night for us all mate :good:
Cheers RD!

Thx Andrew for quickly setting up a spare event. Driving Anderstorp was a lot of fun too.

I felt my pace was quite OK but I did too many small and medium mistakes. Had a some nice and close laps with Patrick - always with the better end for him.

Well, as you know I couldn`t get on Greyhound so played about with a few other things. Checked again and it was Anderstorp, totally confused I joined as qualification ended. Went to race 1 and car wouldn`t move off the line. Next thing am in the pits twiddling my thumbs.

Race 2
Started from last place finished 8th, but it was just nice to race after thinking it was going to be an eventless night.

Thanks Andrew and RD.

• Andrew Evans

man... damn shame about greyhound.... it's a lovely track... i might try and fix it properly in the future...

still, thats the way it occassionally goes with addons... so nice one on accepting last minute sub; anderstorp....

had some fun races... was very much like a cold lap event... mebbe we need more cold events in the future?! :sinister:

anyways... r1 was over when i collected someone elses accident... sorry for the guy in the grey audi... i only saw the shiny red one when i went for evasive action.... :D

r2 i got totally distracted by all the laurent chat and put it in the tyres... gratz to him on a brief, yet stunning, rd career... :clap:

Some good close racing last night in these GT Pro beasts, with some noteable performances from drivers who showed their liking for this class of car.
Grats to Tyson, two wins including a great drive from almost last to take the flag in Race 2. After finding the RWD cars tough to match the little FWD cars in STCC, Tyson showed his class in GT Pro.
Great drive from Rhys in Race 2 also, leading for much of the race.
Cam also was showing some good speed in his Aston, only bad luck keeping him off the podium.
Thanks for some great racing with Grant in Race 2, very close all the way (until I stuffed up in the last lap).

Don`t know what happened. Practiced this and could take Eau Rouge full belt and do a 2:15 smoothly in dry. Get to race and couldn`t take Eau Rouge in anything but 4th with half throttle or went flying. Lapped by halfway and decided to give it a full speed blast at Eau Rouge to see if it was me being scared, but no, damage unrepairable (in other words I did not survive).

Thanks Timothy and RD for giving me an oportunity not to look pathetic, even though I didn`t take it.

I'm starting to dislike this track a bit:( I had 3 races now on it here at RD, but all of them were long "time trials"!

Quali: My first lap was 2:15.1 with a mistake at bus stop, then I went out for another, but as soon as I arrived on my fast lap it started raining. Then I was 0,5s faster in the first sector! But it soon became wet and I lost it...

Race: Start was OK, followed Mitch, I was 0,7s behind him at the end of lap 1, then came lap 2 and I lost it in Eau Rouge (should have practiced it with full tank), gone into the wall --> suspension damage... Then in next lap I spun again there, but kept it away from the wall. Then again, before my pitstop, and I hit the wall again --> bad suspension damage, had to fix it --> another 10 seconds. I lost it once in the hairpin at the back of the track, and in the final lap I spun at the fast left corner that's 2 corners from that... hit the wall again --> bad suspension damage, managed to stay 3rd...

The Quali was awesome with the rain there, but it could have been better if it does that in the race instead!:)

Thx for the race anyways!

• Matt Alpeter

don't know what i was thinking...but i showed up super insane late and my first lap in these cars was driven with 20min left of qually..in the rain. I know the track well, but not with a rad. anyway, botched qually badly and hung it up and waited for the start.

Race: Was able to avoid the contacts up ahead and was driving quite well, made it to about 5th i believe...then i looked down and noticed 10l of fuel left....doh! Pitted on lap 4 or 5 for a full load of fuel which took forever (pit lane is massive!!). Came out and spun pretty good on the cold tires, then had a few incidents in T1 going over that bump. Later drove off the road and nudged my front left, which broke the suspension and centered the wheel way to the left. Got back on track and tried to make the tires last until lap 20, when I pitted again. Came out, spun on the colds again, then later hit the front right, which made the wheel straight again lol. Was doing quite well running behind Marcel and catching him, but made some small errors here and there, then with 7min to go my stomach got the best of me and i reached for a bit of my corndog. Locked the brakes up real hard, but that was no good and I slammed into a tire barrier...engine dead.

Not my best showing, but maybe if I had paid attention and gotten some practice in I would have at least finished..oh well, next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes