RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi evrybody!

It was a very enjoyful race for me! unfotuantley I had an internet connection problem continuosly and sometimes I notice the tihings later then they happened
R1.: I had a good start from 6th place and up to 3rd for the 2nd corner but made a stupid mistake and spun out. Dropped back to 8th, but I could be fast enough to come up to 4th to the and. At the and of the race I checked the replays at the end, and a realized that I made a late brake in the second corner and hit Lee. I didn't notice this in the race. Lee!! Sorry for that!

R2.:Start from 5th, 4th inthe first corner and Nico go to wall in front of me, 3rd. In the middle of the second sector I overtake Lee(???) but he hit me a tittle and spun again! I rejoin in 17th, and in the second lap I hit again by Ken (I think) and my car was broken very much! After this the car was very hard to drive especially in right hamd corners and in braking! I ha d good fight with Stuart but at the end I could overtake him and finish in 7th!
If I do something what I didn' noticed I appologise for that! :)

Just watched my replay of Lap 1 of Race 2 and noticed that Nico also fell foul of my doomed lap.

Damn ... it was just like every time I turned a corner or did something on that lap there was someone there alongside me to whack ... wrong place at the wrong time and all that.

Sorry again for my part in the knocks and bumps, I hope/don't think I was driving like a wrecker, just bloody unfortunate basically ... and glad for everyone else's sake that I quit now :disapointed:

I ha d good fight with Stuart but at the end I could overtake him and finish in 7th!
And then you tapped me into the hairpin on the last lap. That shook my nerves a bit :p I was like "NOOO!". Good race though.

For me, Race 1 was a disaster. I seemed to get a good start, and was moving on the outside of T1, and then someone launced up my inside and smashed my handling. Turning right was extremely hard. I had to retire after lap 1.

Race 2 was another story... In Race 1, I qualified in 13th I think. In race 2, I was dead last (21/21). I had my work cut out. I had a great start and moved into 8th by T2, and took over Lemon bros. #2 and Daniel after he had problems. Unfortunately, he charged back and took me, and I fell off the pace after that. Still, 6th from 21st is not bad :)

My first club race at RD, and I will be back for more:eat:

Cheers all for the good race!:good:

At the and of the race I checked the replays at the end, and a realized that I made a late brake in the second corner and hit Lee. I didn't notice this in the race. Lee!! Sorry for that!

Its a good job I was there in front of you to slow you down mate you else you'd have been half way up the slip road :laugh2:

In the middle of the second sector I overtake Lee(???) but he hit me a tittle and spun again!

Yeah if you watch it again, I switched back inside you because you went wide with your passing manoeuvre, and we were side by side (with me on the racing line) but you turned back into me and spun out ... suppose its what folks would term as a racing incident :wink2: :beer:

Lee we also banged door and I crahsed to left to the wall lol. Was not your fold, because I was in your blind spot you didn't see me. Tryed to pass you on the left inside but it went wrong. Sorry:disapointed:

Race 1:
was fun. After trouble in T2, Nico was starting flying lol, I was first with 3sec advance :victory:. Then Gary came closer and closer. 10mins left he was behind me. Tryed to defend but no way Gary was to fast. P2 in the end.

Race 2:
Had to avoid Nico who was crashing into the wall towards T2, then touched Gary in T2 who was coming on the inside, didn't see y sorry. Then I messed it up and banged doors with Lee. Kissed the wall and standing wrong direction :doh:. Regaind then to P5

some stats:

Race1

Race2

Had both races with an incident right before T2 and got damaged but in a way it made it quite interesting for me.

In Race 1 Adam missed the break point I think and then he was just a passenger of his torpedo :) (I'm fine with a "sorry" - dont worry too much, just remember next race ;) ). Lost my rear wing and droped to P12. The handling of the car changed quite a bit but was fun to drive (a little ralley like). I managed to get to P6 and for the last couple of laps I had a very intense fight with Jesper who kept his nose in front passing the finish line.

In Race 2 I had my nose beside the rear of Lee's car approaching T2. He moved a bit sideways - touch - wall - splitter removed and suspension problem - P9. I'm sure you had not seen me Lee and there was also some room for me to go to the side more to avoid this contact, so don't care. It just happend. Then I had a few easy passes due to little mistakes of the drivers in front of me and again a very good fight with Jesper. I had to "work" really hard to get a chance to pass him. In P2 then I was 4 seconds behind Garry and this did not change for 15 minutes or so until the end.

Thanks Andrew for this wonderfull track and car choice and RD for making this all possible.

Qual: Pole Finish: 1st

First off i have to thank Nico for that setup he put in online files,that was the reason for my sudden leap in pace near the end of practice,then found some track space and got a lap in for pole,the replay looks like Nico slightly jumped the start but got a good jump on me taking the lead clean and clear for T1,i think T2 has been covered enough so i wont go in to it,i came off a lot better than poor Nico did......enjoyed my numerous battles and passes,catching Daniel was a long process though with his great pace,i got a couple of terrible huge lag spike ghosts of Dans car ahead of me,i was sure i would be killed by it soon but thankfully it cleared up for ace close racing,really enjoyed working the pass on him.
Race2 from 8th and i got a better start i think,chose the wide line for T1 and that worked good for me,i was scared heading to T2,i felt i was in a box of cars heading there and just kept my car tight and made the turn fine with Jesper getting a run on me on the exit,i decided a slight back off would be best and followed him for a lap or 2 then made a move,i was pleased with how this was shaping up chasing Christian in 1st,unfortunatley he lost it at T3-4 and i inherited the lead,i knew now was the time to push and bought myself a comfort gap to the end.
Well done podiums and all finishers :good:
Cheers Andrew and RD

*sigh*... :disapointed:

I was going pretty well until lap 3, when I suddenly found Jean-Michel facing the other way in the middle of a turn. I had absolutely nowhere to go, so we smacked head-on into each other. Don't worry about it Jean-Michel, that wasn't what ended my race. :) While pressing the pit request button, I went straight off and into the wall. I waited for my virtual crew chief to relay the terrible news. :at-wits-end:

Better luck next time, I guess. :(

Really sorry Nico. I was on the brakes and I was waiting and I just didnt see my point and loked up. I tried to move but no where to go. And I will remmeber this next race. It wasnt a late move or anything liek that it was just me forgetting where to brake. never raced the cars or that track so it was just a stupid mistake from me.

But karma took its toll. I was first in the GT USA event i just had and ran out of fuel on the second to last lap lol.

Great race, very disapointed of my 10th place, i had to step of the track to avoid chris, i guess i arrived too fast behind im and i ended in the wall with a flat tire and broken suspension so i had to pit a second time, and after, all those bleu flag made me crazy but anyway i really enjoyed my 1st 1 hour race and everybody on the field was fairplay

What an amazing race!!! Thanks Eric and RD for setting this up. This was by far the funnest event I've run so far.

Quali - I did a decent lap towards the end. Earlier I had snuck into P1 with a 1:20.X ahead of Chris and decided to start practicing with full fuel. Then Chris snuck past me and I had only 5mins to get back out there. I believe I got Pole back on the very last min or so with a 1:19.9 which I was happy with :)

Race - Whew, someone in an Audi behind me got an amazing launch and he almost love tapped me! I saw Chris almost jump the start and then he had a bad start? I was in P1 all the way until lap 19 when I dropped a wheel off the pavement and I spun big time!!! I was concentrating on when I was going to pit and lost my concentration - dang! Chris must have been laughing as he was going by as he was on my tail the entire race by 1-2secs! Whew the pressure.

I decided to pit on lap 22 or so and I ended up pitting behind someone in the wrong stall ugh!!! Finally got back out there and was in P3 until the last lap when someone doing a 1-stopper (I think) ran out of fuel. Very happy with my P2 finish and a best lap of 1:21.3. Chris was a tough person to be in front of! Good job buddy!

p.s. I think I messed someone up coming out of the last corner as I was entering from the pits. This is a bad pit out on this track big time! I thought I was out of the way, but I think I ruined someone's line? If it was you, trust me I was really out of it in the last stint as I kept thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back