RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm not happy with this race guys!:(
1st race: started from 15th, got a good start, then I have been hit 3 times in lap 1, the worst was the second hit which sent me downhill... came back last, had some battles, hit the wall in t1 sometimes, finished 12th, lost 10th just in the last 2 laps.
2nd race: chaos again after the start, then somebody spun ahead of me in sector 3 and I couldn't avoid him. Serious suspension damage -->race over.

Hope for a better race next time!

Well, there was a lot of crashes in the first aseconds of both races, but somehow I got through them all...at first anyway.

In practice it took me until the last 5 minutes to crack 2.04. Quali wasn't so good, but I grabbed 19th I think.

Race 1: made it through the chaos of T1 & T2 in 16th and managed to hold that for quite a few laps. For the first time I had a queue of cars behind me that weren't trying to lap me! Oh how I laughed as I fought to hold them back :p Didn't last very long though, as a mistake on the uphill section allowed them past. A couple of laps later and Ken Hunter was behind me, butt my tyres were shot, and after a hefty side by side whack, disappeared into the distance. I finished 16th and not last,and finally had to race...best race for me since joining RD.

Race 2: 16th on the griduntil T2, where I found a hole and made it throught to 12th with no contact. By the time we got to the straight, accidents had put me up to a heady 9th:jump:. On that note, sorry to the driver in the gray car I hit as you spun back across the road in front of me. On the twisty. slippery last section though, I fell apart. I lost control and flipped the car, and as it righted itself I got bashed by someone (sorry, not much I could do :(
).Lost the splitter, suspension damage, so I quit.

I have to say the R8's are very nice. The track though is spiteful. Good race, but people do need to be more careful.

• Andrew Evans

the r8s are the love... oh yes... long may they prosper...

BUT

tonight, the driving standard was PATHETIC.... i fear a LOT of arse kickings are to follow.... totally totally unacceptable....

Wow ... it seemed a bit aggressive out there at times tonight TBH ... I signed up for some light hearted fun :moneymouth:

I basically quit race 2 at the end of lap 1 'cos I had a proper big whack with someone diving down my inside as I was trying to turn in (Zoltan?) ...
Then a corner or three later I turned in to find someone else there ... they must have come down my inside but found themselves in my blind spot too.

Apologies if the knocks were my fault, I was just trying to keep my line and turn in to the corners though but found someone there each time :sad:

Decided enough was enough and I didn't want banning from RD for some silly incidents, so just pulled over and quit :disapointed:

Thanks Andrew and RD for the efforts, not sure I can say I enjoyed this one though :sad:

Poor racing tonight overall really especially on lap 1.
First of all sorry to Nigel Atkins and Nuno Areias for spinning you both (seperately). I felt I was faster (unusual for me) and couldn help it really.
Both lap 1's were piss poor and I have a few complaints to make about people.

I'm beginning to lack motivation to race because this is now 3 races this weekend ive got a really good start then been carelessly rammed and have to fight in the mid-field early on.

• Jeff Leroux

Hi ,

qualifing 5 ( very happy )

for the first race , BIG crash in T2 , perhaps it's ME ; if it's me APOLOGIES for this

after wait all drivers , i restart in the last ...

after a few laps someone hit me , front tyres ruined , go to pit

finisf 10 after an anthologique battle with BOB , nice one BOB

for the race i be carreful at the start , lot of cars in the middle , ... i overtake all ( happy )

and run after Andrew :good: 3 laps , a pleasure

he spin , and me push to him , my car go out off the track

==> GAME OVER

Jeff

Aside from the race, I just wanted to make a note on the in-race chatting "issue"
After race one was finished, I wrote in the chat "Seriously guys, STOP CHATTING"
I wish to apologize for the way I said this. It didn't have to be said in the harsh way I said it. But still, I find it odd that people (at least so it seemed) thought I was out of my head when I said that you should chat AFTER the race and not during the race...
Ok, it's a club race, it's for fun. I get that, but it's still in the rules...
I dunno, but it seems to me that when you promise better circumstances than public servers in your club races, it only seems right to keep to the rules?

"4.Try to minimise chatting via the in-game chat while others are still completing their race. Commencing to chat as soon as you finish is dis-respectful to others"

As I see it, chatting in race is only to be used for admins to send messages about restarts, etc, and no more...am I completly wrong?

Now, I know I probably got started off on the wrong foot, and I know people might think of me as a senseless, no-fun whiner. Belive me, I want to race in this club under the conditions of the club. I don't want to come here and try to be an idiot and change things so they fit me better...but right now, I'm not really sure what the conditions of the club are...

• Andrew Evans

and run after Andrew :good: 3 laps , a pleasure
he spin , and me push to him , my car go out off the track
==> GAME OVER

sorry about that again, dude.... by the time i realised i wasn't gonna catch it i had a sneaky suspicion you were already alongside me... then bang!... when i looked back to see what happened to ya, i couldn't see you for a minute... cause you were upsidedown the other side of the wall... i had a tinylol before being overcome with guilt... and i quit out with ya in sympathy... :(

nice fight while it was going though, man! :good:

• Andrew Evans

Now, I know I probably got started off on the wrong foot, and I know people might think of me as a senseless, no-fun whiner. Belive me, I want to race in this club under the conditions of the club. I don't want to come here and try to be an idiot and change things so they fit me better...but right now, I'm not really sure what the conditions of the club are...

generally people don't chat during a race unless it's to say sorry or pass me or i'm dead or whatever....

i think the major lag spike was an extreme circumstance - as it was for a coupla laps - and people were just trying to get the message across... if people had complained much longer we probably would have tried rebooting the server... so i think the chat was justified...

• Jeff Leroux

hi Andrew ;

don't worry about the accident , Andrew , your are not directly responsable

i said allways : IT'S A GAME

Jeff

Mmmmmm seemed a little hectic, glad I started last in first race and stayed well back, fought my way up and had some really nice battles with people, specially Jeff, that was so good thanks for the fun. Eventually finish 11th behind Jeff. Well pleased.

Race 2 got a half descent start but got nudged onto the grass by someone, who was probably nudge himself, but was quietly pleased as it let me slow a bit and let cars pass so I could settle. Got another nudge later in the lap that put me in the wall a bit and lost me quite a bit of time at the back. I think this was unavoidable as the car in front of me braked when we were all accelerating so I broke to avoid the crash and the car behind had nowhere to go really so a racing incident.
Anyway, fought back really well to make up places to finish 9th I think.

Overall I had a very enjoyable night, but as I said before some hectic driving by some people looked a little to desperate at times.

Qual - Went very well. Just managed to pip Lu for pole

Race 1 - Got a good start. Was working on getting a little gap to p2. And then, on about lap 3, I missed my braking point into turn 1 and hit the tires on the outside. Flat tire and sus damage. Decided to quit out rather than putt around back to pits. Spent the rest of the race watching other people plow into the walls :sinister:.

Race 2 - Lol, started pole again (Deserved? I think not :rotfl:) Got a good jump and set about just trying to be smooth (and miss the walls). All went pretty well until the second last lap when I almost threw it away in the final chicane, clipping the armco on the turn in and bouncing into the tires on the left. Just managed to get control long enough to make the 2nd half of the chicane. Phew! I then decided to have a nice gentle cruise around for the last lap.

Well done to those that managed to finish both races!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes