RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Jason Parks

Was good fun, but way too much drink for me to be racing really!!!

Race 1 was ok till I got trapped, Race 2 was ok till I smashed Bob into the wall, big apologies Bob...

But no gliches Andy, apart from Gary, last lap, in 1st, either minidumping/power cut or was too nice and let 2nd peep win it :)

Either way thanks again...

• Andrew Evans

race 1 i spun into the middle and spent a lap getting out... race 2 i replaced 2 wets with slicks and got a stop n go on the way out... bleh!

fun track though and all seems good!

I noticed on the grid I was some distance from being in my grid slot. (P9)

I slid into the mid section of the track on 1st race, was TRAPPED inside LOL had to esc out hehe

i think both of these are and would be problems in the gtl version - but i'll check it out tomorrow....

major cheers to all who came a testing... muchos appreciatos... :eat:

1st race: Qualified 2nd and finished 2nd.
2nd race: Qualified 1st was going ok, then there was mad Gary on my tail out of nowhere. He took a pitstop and i wanted to go the next lap. Did actually find the entrance, changed the tires and selected confirm and was on my way. No tyres changed :-s Don't know what went wrong but thats why i got DQ.

Was a fun track and a fun evening.

Really enjoyed both races tonight and really had fun in that Pug308 although it felt really tiny getting close to those big S60's and A4's,but it could be chucked into the turns in a really nice style,awesome pit crew got me out about 30cm ahead of Cam exiting pits,hehe viva ghost car pitlane :p.

Many Thanks Willi and RD,and thanks all gent racers there tonight. :good:

This race was a huge fun!:)

Quali: really close, but only 2nd, Gary did a very fast lap and took pole!
Race1: great race, I followed Gary, wanted to pit in lap 8 but he made a mistake and I got closer so I decided to stay out, and came in one lap later. Then I crashed at pit entry to the wall, also overshot my position in pits so had to reverse. Changed both left tires. Then I came back, I didn't know what my position is, but I did a lap and saw that I'm 1st, and Marcel is 2nd. But not much after that I saw Gary in my mirrors closing very fast. Then Olaf spun in front of us, I managed to avoid him, but Gary wasn't so lucky! I came in 1st and really happy:)
Race2: started from 8th of course, didn't got the start well and Corey passed me. I passed him in one of the first laps, but then in the next one I made a mistake and he took back his position. Then I decided to came in early in pits, so did my pit stop in lap 5. Saw Marcel coming in too! I came back and there were absolutely nobody out there in my front, so I pushed. Few laps later Gary and Cam arrived in front of me:) I followed Cam and pushed hard, and spun! I lost about 8 seconds there. I saw Lu coming back from pits about 4 seconds ahead me, then saw Cam out of track in first corner, then Lu spinning at the same place where I did! Came in second behind Gary, and this meant we share 1st place overall with 18 points:)

Grats for Gary for his second race win!
Thx Willi and RD for the race, it was the most fun event I had since long time!

okay, so I've spent the last 20 minutes cooking biscuits with my son and trying to convince my wife that Race 2 counts as my daily exercise...

Race one: good except for a pitstop which saw me hit the wall on entry and have to do a three point turn to get back in the race. Finished 8th which put me on the front of the grid for R2... Oh dear!

Race two: Got a good start (unlike me) and held first position (thanks to the battles behind me more than my driving I expect) until the pit stop. Gary and I were blending into each other (I've never felt so close to another man) at the exit of the pits and I was expecting a huge crash upon retaking control of the car so I pulled to the left to try to avoid what I thought was going to be a sudden impact. Nothing happened except Gary got by (we drifted apart?). On Lap 12 (I think) I had a sudden brainfade whilst worrying that I was the cause of Peter's spin and found the wall in the first chicane. I was overly concerned about my reentry and dropped down to 7th. Finished 6th.

Thanks all for the race. I loved the opportunity to race STCC. Thank William.

Well, I must say STCC is a whole lot of fun. This was more first race on an STCC track and I thoroughly enjoyed it - minus my own stupidity of course :)

Qual: I was reasonably comfortable with the C30, but I got sideways immediately at the first chicane and ruined my hotlap - around 58.0 :/ Of course I promptly ran around a 56.5 on my inlap; go figure. Stuck in P10.

Race 1: Was taking it easy most of the first race just trying to get a feel for the close quarters racing on this track. Had a bit of an adventure on lap 5 so I decided to get my pitstop out of the way. When I came back in I was coming into traffic trying to lap me, so I kept getting blue flag warnings - (so annoying) I was able to hold my position while the first few guys behind eventually took their pitstops, but Lu was charging hard behind me and I could not rid myself of blue flag warnings. I let him pass near the lone left-hander but he slid off, and I unfortunately followed him into a spin. He stopped and waited for me for some reason - I appreciate it Lu but you really should not have stopped, you had no reason to! Passed Marcel on the final lap as he was limping home with a punctured tire to finish P9.

Race 2: Started in P9, got a reasonably good start and avoided any chaos in the beginning. Had a much better feel for the flow of the action this time around and begin inching ahead. Took my pitstop around lap 7 I believe, which seemed to work out well, and was able to keep picking up spots for various reasons and eventually found myself in P3. Was cruising along until the last lap when I glanced up at the rearview and saw Lu closing in before the 3rd to last turn - and lost the rear end on the left-hander and nosed into the wall :( Finished very irritated with myself in P8.

Great races to all, can't wait for some more STCC action.

Well, not a spectacular night for me, but very fun.

qualy, I managed to mess it up after quite a few good practice laps, was 6th i think? don't remember really

r1, Managed some good laps which found me in second on lap 14, but somehow I managed to spin in the last turn, giving my spot to Gary. Third is not bad though considering all the good drivers that showed up tonight.

r2, I had about 3 spins in this race at the left coming out of the back straight, I was just not concentrating. I pushed hard after pit and managed some good times which put me seeing Warren's big Volvo up ahead of me. Pretty much ran out of tarmac though and ended in fifth I think.

Really great racing and clean considering this track - thankyou everyone that joined tonight. Really impressed with everyone :beer::highfive:.

Here is why I love the STCC - close racing - lap 3 race 2.
Oh and congrats to the 2 winners. The second photo is Peter, me, and Gary at lap 14 last turn, why am I going that way? :rotfl:

Attachments

• valer.jpg
    valer.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 176
  • valer2.jpg
    valer2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period