RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am so SORRY :sorry: Luc and whom ever I hit in lap 5 (I guess Nigel and David got affected as well) !!!!

That did not happen whole practice to me, completely went off in the chicane and went to the other side, got into the traffic there.

Up to there it actually went quite well for me was following Matt after a 1:39.700 qualy (time better than I expected, position worse than I expected :D with that time).

Again sorry, I hope it did not finish your races (it did finish mine)!

:disapointed: Well, that's race. Bad stroke of events : you were out of track, your car stopped right on the trajectory, I was watching my telemetry on second display while accelerating. Saw you too late, crash. had to pit to repair. :disapointed:
I was expecting better for this race, my lap times were not bad. Anyway, I am not holding any grudge against you, Dietmar.

Great race on a very nice track for these, good choice Andrew :good:
Managed to qualify in 10th or 11th which was a total shock as did no prep for this race until 7.50pm tonight so i just used my setup from last week and tweaked the gears a bit and it felt fine. I love the chicane with these where u just have to keep the right foot planted and dab the brakes to scrub the speed off and i was lucky to make up some places when a couple of cars lifted the right foot too much in front of me and spun out :dance2:.
I had a great scrap with David Lemon for lap after lap i drove with one eye on my mirror as he tried hard to find a way past and he must have been gutted when he saw me coming out of the pits in front of him again :smile-big: but he did eventually squeeze past at the last corner and after that he pulled out gap pretty quickly.
So a great race in which i was very happy just to have finished and getting 6th place was a bonus even though it was a lap behind the leader.

Special thnx to all the back markers who made it easy to lap :good:

• Matt Crouch

Good stuff :good:. Has some incredibly near misses and was pretty lucky to make it through the whole race (with no damage :shock:)
Quali'd 13th, times were all pretty close which is good. Got a decent enough start and followed the procession for a few laps. Whichever lemon was in front of me slipped at the chicane on lap 4, and we came soo close to contacting. Made up a few places after the mini warzone on lap 5 (was a bit crazy from my perspective :D).

then on lap 5 I made the mistake of which Neil speaks and spun at the chicane. Came even closer to spinning right into Steven, but missed by a hairs width. Unfortunately I stalled on the racing line so I created a temporary chicane which caused a few people to swerve round me :(.
From then on it was close racing all the way to the first pit, ended up with Stuart, Steven and me all very close together and fighting for around 8th-10th. Slipped off again at one point and lost a few seconds, but started to make it up again before pitting. I was one of the later pits I think on lap 27. Put in about 10 laps more fuel than I needed though :confused:
Came out and it was basically back to how it was before the pit with Thombo and Palmtree, then Paulo joined in as well... intense :shock:

Sadly my rear right wheel clipped the grass on the way out of T1 at lap 36 and I lost quite a bit of time, very nearly went straight into one of those solid bails of hay, then messed up some more and Nigel got past me. Took it back a few laps later and then Steven made a boo boo after another few laps, letting me back into 9th where I finished.

One of the closest races I've been in and very clean. Thanks all.

Quali :4th
Finished : 3rd

A great event, with a good qualification just behind my teamate, Luc and behind Ries and Ben (2 great drivers).
The start was good, but a mistake at the chicane put me at the 8th place. Some laps later a big crash in front of me and I was at the 4th place. After the pit stop, I was just behind Marcel and we start a wonderfull fight till the end of the race. A mistake make us going out of the track but we can go on the track and continu to fight for the 3rd place. (sorry Marcel)
At the turn 44th, I had the possibility to overtake Marcel, and to finish 3rd.

Thanks Marcel for this great fight.

Great event, thank you Andrew and RD !

• Tibor Mihaly

I must learn how to use the pit.
Before pit stop I was 10th.
In the pit stop the fuel ok,but they didn't change tires :(
After that it was nightmare
Finished 16th.

• Matt Crouch

note to self: don't replace 2 left wet tyres with slicks. Had to turn the wheel left while braking to keep the car going in a straight line :D

good job on the track though...

I think P3 really Lew - Gary actually crossed the line before he disco-d, but left before we got the chequered flag, hence our P1 & P2 (really a P2 & P3)

Break out the champers either way, though :D

actually - after reading the below, maybe we were P1 & P2. Yay!

Cats race went without a hitch,the wtcc Honda in the wet went very nice as well,pits all worked proper,nursing a near empty fuel tank round last lap,but got a PC total lock up affair 3 turns from finish.
Exceptional track!,looks very very nice,im sure the crash was rain related,we have probs with stock tracks with rain,so cant expect miracles with custom made ones :).

High Quality Work Andrew!! loved it plenty!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back