RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Group 2

Practice

Slotted in behind Robert Crone with a 2:02.7 or thereabouts, but got promoted to P1 when he left.

Qualifying
Due to a mixture of traffic and silly little mistakes, I only managed a 2:03.2 or so for most of qualy which put me in the P5 region, but gathered it all up and did a 2:02.7 again to take provisional pole - which didn't last long; [MuGeN]Pirro managed to do a 2:02.3 to displace me, but in the dying seconds of the session I absolutely banzai'ed the track and did a 2:02.0 to take pole with less than a second until the server changed sessions. I was somewhat pleased with that. :)

Race 1
I got a decent start and wasn't troubled into T1 (in part thanks to Pirro failing to materialise on the grid), and from there it was a case of doing qualy laps. I built up a gap of around 8 seconds to SOL, and when he fell back I had a 14 second lead over my team-mate Anthony.

Ninecraft 1-2. Actually, Erik won in the other server, so really it was a ninecraft 1-1-2. :D

Race 2
From 8th, I got another reasonable start and got alongside Anthony before T1. Two cars came together just in front of me and I took the first available escape route - up the inside - to be P4 by T2 behind Jari. I piled the pressure on for a few laps until I got a half-decent run onto the straight, taking him on the inside into T1, albeit with a very slight tap, sorry mate!

From there it was a catchup game to SOL - I found where I was faster and tried to capitalise on it but while I was making time up on braking he was making it up on traction, so although I was at times less than a tenth behind, I could never maintain it for long. For the next 8 laps or so we had a super close race until at T1 I ran ever so slightly wide and put my rear right onto the gravel, pitching the car out. I managed to save it (just, the wall helped) and only lost about 2 seconds, but with two laps left I had no chance to overhaul it and settled for second. A ninecraft 2-2-5, then. :)

Great race by SOL though; I really did put the pressure on and he absorbed every bit of it - great driving isn't all about pace or even overtaking, but also keeping your head in tough situations. :)

And thanks to you guys in TS as well, it made the race even more enjoyable to be in such company. You're all nutters for doing a 200 lap ARCA race after that, too, lol.

Group 1

Had a great time tonight!

Qualified in 15th position, not a very good start in race 1. Was a bit of a messy first lap with lots of cars spinning off I think. But managed to stay in the race and fiished in 10th position.

Race 2 I had an OK start but a very good first lap, went from 10 to 7 in the first lap and through some mistakes by people in front of me I even went up to p.5. Had a great fight with Tepa for 5th position, but was a bit out of my league I think. Made a small mistake and Tepa and Mtommi passed me, dropping to p.7. On p.7 I had a great fight with Darron Miller, but because of my worn tires and me getting tired I made some small mistakes and one bigger one dropping one more spot to p.8. Had a great race, was even a bit competitive giving me some hope for the WTCC league! :D

Stirb: you know the rules, if you want to report someone, do so a day after the race through the race directors, not in the forum.
And next time you want to complain about someone during the race, please do not do it in the middle of a corner on top of the racing line.

However I had one minor quibble and that is with Keith Peppiatt who used some very unorthodox blocking especially up the main straight.

Look not getting into a slanging match here but would like to have explained a bit more what you mean by unorthodox. a move in one direction where i then held line into the corner is in my book legit - i would like to have it pointed out I was not and never would intentionally weave. I could see you were a faster driver and i chose to drive defensively to try to keep you behind, which for a period worked. your solving of the situation of gentle nudges eventually got you ahead of me. i thought our tussle was great (although short) and with in the rules.

nudges happen in real life - just watch plato in the btcc - so long as you are not using the car in front as a brake you will occassionally touch to let them know you are still there. I expected the nudges, i was offline defending my position, i had to brake a little earlier, i was slower at the apex, i was therefore slower out. your challenge was to follow for a lap or so and see where i was weak, and take advantage of it. remember you cannot win the race in a lap, but you can lose it.

i'll go check the replay, and see if there was anything i could have done differently - to my mind this race was all about learning and development. on the whole i have no issues. i hope the feeling is mutual.

update: Oli and I have pm'd looks like i misjudged mirrors at one point appearing to pull a very aggressive move. apologies - not intentional.

Me and the E46 did not get along. I played Test Drive Unlimited last week and I've been off pace ever since. I think i may have to sell the damn game so I don't play it anymore.

First off, Please please use the pit lane speed limiter or at least keep the speed down. It's not fun to be on the pit limiter and check behind you and see a car coming to wards you at 100+ with no where to go except into you, if I hadn't checked behind, there'd of been a massive accident.

First race I struggled like hell, no setup tweaking time and I was stuck with a default setup, I struggled, tyres went whacko and ended up pretty much last.

Second race, made some Anti-roll bar tweaks made the car feel better, alas, no improvement in lap times. And eventually went into a wall, last again.

Only intresting was a bit of a battle with Chris, Andy and someone else for a couple laps.

First of all, I apologise, Oliver. I've mistaken you with Tobias on server's chat. My apologies.

Second of all. You are perfectly right. I was just stunned about it. This is friendly development racing, promoting friendship, learning abilities, politeness, civilised racing and civilised manners.

I thought that guys who revenge and take you off the race are far away, stuck on those destruction derby public servers.

Stirb i gave you a little hint here to cool down, so dont start again on the same night. I strongly advise you not to post anymore about this race tonight, because i am getting nervous of cleaning up your forum mess all the time!

Thank you

Ok, had really good fun tonight. The racing was tough but fair as far as I could see.
Qualified 8th, 0.2 off my PB.
In Race 1, had a reasonable start and was 6th behind James Yates and stayed there for a while. Passed each other a couple of times, and just when I though I was through, Tepa touched my rear end (he was in my blind spot so I took the normal line without realising he was there), and I lost control. James, nothing to do with you by the way! Just as I came back on the track I hit him again! Sorry about that.
By then I was down to 8th and the rest of the race was about catching up. I managed to pass a few cars and ended the race 5th.

In race 2, had a great fight with David Lemon for most of the race. We spent several laps with 1-1.5s between us (him in front), until I finally managed to pass him around lap 9 (did you run wide by the way or did you let me pass?)
I ended the race on the podium, 9 sec behind the second spot and 9 sec ahead of the 4th! I was really pleased with that. Also 3rd overall.
I think I got a setup that allowed me to keep a consistent pace through the whole race. I did not get the "tyres worn" message in either of the two races.

Thanks all for the good races!

• Stirb Iuliu

Stirb i gave you a little hint here to cool down, so dont start again on the same night. I strongly advise you not to post anymore about this race tonight, because i am getting nervous of cleaning up your forum mess all the time!

Thank you

Yes Bram. You have all the right to blame me as it is my fault.

Group 2

Well, I finally made it to an FD event:). I had a great time, and I am learning steadily, so I look forward to more of these in the future. Thanks to Warren and all the RD folks for setting this up!:thumb:

Qualifying:
It was quite crowded during quali, but I managed to turn in a 2:03.5. That was only .2 off my practice runs from last night, so I am quite pleased. That placed me 12th on the grid for race 1, right in the middle of the pack.

Race 1:

I had a horrible start, and dropped back to 18th or so before the first corner. After the first corner, there was a big accident, and I was fortunate to be so far back because I managed to avoid everyone and move back up to 12th or so. I had an interesting battle going for the first couple of laps until I made a very dumb unforced error in the middle part of the track, and drove straight into a wall, losing my splitter. I rejoined in about 18th or so, and soldiered on at a slightly reduced pace. I had some very nice battles, and managed to make a couple of passes. I also made another bad error, running into Gareth on entry to turn 1 because I missed my braking point. Sorry! I stopped and waited for him to rejoin ahead of me, and then we had a nice duel for a couple of laps. I later managed yet another spin in traffic in the last couple of laps, and some poor person t-boned me. It was totally my fault, and I apologize. That and race attrition left me in 13th for race 1 (right back in the middle of the pack).

Race 2:
I started 13th of course, but this time I got a much better start. I managed a clean first lap, and was having some nice battles, when I dropped a wheel off at the turn 1 exit, and spun into the gravel. I rejoined in last place (18th I think by then). From there on I drove a very good race for me. I managed to catch and overtake several drivers in a row. I was really getting better at following and pressuring without making any contact. Thanks guys for the excellent and very polite racing! By late in the race I had worked back up to 10th, when suddenly I was 8th! (I assume some folks dropped out). I ended up 7th (also from a retirement I presume since I did not pass anyone then). I am thrilled with this result. I was again in the middle of the pack, but I felt that I drove well, and had some great racing.:D

Thank you again to all who participated! It was a joy to be able to run in a polite and friendly atmosphere. I promise that I will work on my unforced errors, so that I cause less trouble for the folks around me next time. Also, thanks to the nice folks on TS who helped me sort out some sound issues, and made the event even more friendly and personal.

Chris

• Goran Gunjevic

Group 1

Qualify
Was on reserves list for this race and i didnt know if i'm gonna get in at all.
Few minutes before the race start, i saw there was still room on server 1 so i got in.
I had few minutes to get in and make my quali run.
Made my way to 9th place on the grid and was pleased all things considered.

Race 1
Had a great start and gained lots of positions (good old RWD), but in T1 someone
missed his braking point and i got thrown into the sand trap. Thank God nothing was broken
and i rejoined at the back of the grid.
I had a lot of catching up to do so i went for it. Luck was on my side and i was able to finish 3rd.

Race2
Started 6th on the grid but being in RWD car i managed to be the first one in T1.
Batle for 2nd place gave me some breathing room and i was able to pull away from the pack without burning up my tires.
I knew that Nevermind had to push it to the limit to catch me and it will not reflect good on his tires.
I was right, he gained on me somewhere around the middle of the race,
but by then his tires didnt allow him to finish me off. I was lucky again and i finished 1st.

Heres how Race1 looked like around my car
Race Department WTCC Valencia Long recap onboard cams

Thanks to all you fair racing gents out there :thumb:

• Jacek Kozlowski

Jacek Kozlowski

Please sing me in.I can drive Alfa.
I wont be able to use TS.This will be my second race in RC first was on VALencia long by FD.See You on the track
Jacek Kozlowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play