RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

*Report Group 2*
*Pract*
i got barly one lap together

*Qualy*
first to start with i crashed (as usual) came back and it starts where it ends i dont get one lap together. frustrated i filled up for the race to get some laps in with fuel and boom place 5th on the grid with a mid 2.02

*Race 1*

I got a good start and only lost one place to a 407 who passed me on the inside of turne one :) but i manage to come better out of that turne and moved to the inside for turne 2 and got my place back
from then i had a peugot filling my mirrors till we entered the long track i was accelerating out of the corner and my monitor turns black and the pc reboots o.O
*F...*
i hope i coused no trubbel cuz the whole pack was close behind me
if so i am verry sorry

Strange Evening for me.

Qualy: Was more than I expected, took P4 with the Alfa with 2:02:8.

Race1: Starting quite well, and after a few laps, I overtook Stirb Iuliu, who was obviously struggling with his Seat a bit, so I overtook him. Just a few corners after, he regained his position, but unfortunaly, while entering the extra part of the track, I hit is back slightly, causing a spin for him, which ended his race. Sorry for this on. I went on, but with major tire problems, so I was overtaken and finished in 6th.

Race2: started in 3rd and went up to 2nd. then I made the worst mistake of the day I think. I was concentrating on holding back the chevys, when I realised, that the track I was driving on was Valencia Long, not Valencia, and I found myself in the barriers. :circuitzolder:

Ok, well, sorry for my bad driving today, don´t know, what it was, but I look forward to the WTCC league now.

• Andy Marsden

Hmmm not much development tonight, a few with wrecker tendencies methinks :(

QUALIFY:
Usual Race 07 quali session for me, ended up in the back six as I couldn't get my setup to work, I seriously do hate Valencia!

RACE 1:
Start was good, was up to 11th by the forth corner until someone rammed me, rammed me again and then a third time spinning me down to last, not happy as whoever it was didnt apologise and I got the feeling it was deliberate. Stayed pretty much last the whole race.

RACE 2:
Start was good and managed to get up to 11th again as a lot of people decided to play in the sand :) Held position for a few laps till I lost it on the last corner (I hate that corner as well now lol) and dropped a few places. Apologies to the two drivers I bumped whilst passing/trying to pass, it wasn't intentional. :) Fought a back pack battle till about lap 9 when I went a bit wide on the first corner and lost a place to Keith P. Finished in 12th after all that with only one car behind me.

OVERALL:
A bit of a debacle for what was meant to be a FD Series race, as I said in game it was about as friendly as a Tyranid! :D
I do hope the next event is little more tame.

Andy

• Stirb Iuliu

Tobias Rohner, you were reported. I'll wait for the reply of the admins.

This is friendly development series, not destruction derby on public servers. This is not the place to revenge and to "return favors". You can save yourself for ordinary public servers.

• Darron Miller

well strange night for me 7th overall in group 1

race 1...crap start ran well for 2 laps then hit somone parked in the middle ov the track and lost 8 places . ended up 19th....clawed way back to 10th for tyres to die on lap 8 and finshed race in 12th...or 14th not sure

race 2 .....good start from 12th or 14th ran a good race clawing way up to 8th for a nice battle with theo...stayed closeish behind him till he made mistake lap 13 where i took him on the inside only for him to overshoot the final corner...and i then finished a nice 7th in the GOD DAM SHITE HONDA

good race all was great fun

Qual: Set a pb of 2:05.lowblah when crash to desktop... came back and set a 2:05.highblah. oh well... 12th on grid

race1 - good start, got up to 6th at one point due to others tangling. came under lots of pressure and theres only so much defending you can do. offline an awful lot went backwards as made a few mistakes. lots of clean driving though from those behind. fin 16th i think....

race2 - another "typical start" drop a place. clean first corner got me positions up the grid. then the bumping started. spun on lap 2 or 3 in the extended section after taking a tight defensive line into the right/left where it rejoins the main section which put me to back. Raced back up crossed in 11th, could not make impression on car ahead - laping exactly same.

Fought a back pack battle till about lap 9 when I went a bit wide on the first corner and lost a place to Keith P. Finished in 12th after all that with only one car behind me.

Fought a back pack battle till about lap 9 when I went a bit wide on the first corner and lost a place to Keith P.
I like to think that was caused by the pressure ;)

Group 1

Qualy: Great qualifying session, set a PB of 2:03:4xx with the 407 which put me 10th on the grid

Race 1: Got a good start and followed a gap made by Gunja's BMW into the first corner - avoided the small crash infront and managed to go into the second corner in 5th place. Luc Frachon was chasing me, and kept me under pressure for a lap or 2. I did a 2:04:7, not bad, but not really as quick as i should have been. Luc Frachon continued to pile on the pressure, and went down the inside of me into Turn 8. I hit the back of his car as i turned into the corner - i should have looked in my mirrors and looked left, but i didn't and so i ended up tapping him out wide. I stayed in 5th and held position for a few laps until the tyres started to wear out around lap 7/8. I fell back through the field, at first losing about 2-3seconds a lap. Around lap 11 i went off into the gravel on the last corner which dropped me back further and let Mtommi Tam catch up with me. He then passed me and i stayed in 9th until the end of the race. Quite an uneventful race, mainly due to the tyres wearing out so quick. I got the "your tyres are worn" message on lap 8, and "your tyres are very worn" on the last lap.

Race 2: Started in 9th and went up towards the first corner 3 wide. I backed off and held position. Managed to make up a place or 2 due to people going off. Mtommi Tam overtook me again, and i held position for the next few laps until the tyres started to wear. I got the "your tyres are worn" warning right at the start of lap 8 and thought, i may aswell retire as driving with tyres like that is hopeless, as all i learn from that is that swearing at an understeering 407 does no good. I retired at the end of lap 8 and left.

Thanks for the races, not as eventful as some that i have had, but still good fun!

Tobias Rohner, you were reported. I'll wait for the reply of the admins.

This is friendly development series, not destruction derby on public servers. This is not the place to revenge and to "return favors". You can save yourself for ordinary public servers.

Don't you learn?

It was an accident anyway and not meaningful. Also this is the Friendly Development series... Aimed at developing skills and not winning. I know its not Destruction Derby but it was a complete accident and you have gone OTT imo.

• Erik Åhlen

Qually: 2.00.7 was enough for pole :)

Race 1: Led from start to finish :)

Race 2: Had a pretty nice battle for first with Gunja, but burned my tyres, so second :)

Stirb: Dude, relax, these things happen and after checking the replay I can only say that it was a racing incident. He just missed his braking point and unfortunately you were in front of him. Then your maneouvre the corner before weren't the friendliest either...

• Jacek Kozlowski

first races

I really had great time racing with You people on Valencia long.Those were my first races ever(exept public serwers).I really could done better ,but there was one man(i watched replays) wich hit me two times in both races on the same first corner so that sucks beacouse its FRIENDLY development race not run for your life.beside that i really had fun -Thank You people for that.Looking forward for next one.
Jacek Kozlowski

• Stirb Iuliu

First of all, I apologise, Oliver. I've mistaken you with Tobias on server's chat. My apologies.

Second of all. You are perfectly right. I was just stunned about it. This is friendly development racing, promoting friendship, learning abilities, politeness, civilised racing and civilised manners.

I thought that guys who revenge and take you off the race are far away, stuck on those destruction derby public servers.

Group 1

Quali:

2.02.8xx

Race 1

Started 3rd... Passed Stirb by getting a good start and got into 2nd place. Then held second place. However on the last track I spun off but I got back on just in front of Gunja and got my 2nd.

Race2

Not so good. Didn't concentrate into T2 and went flying off into the wall. Got back on the track in 20th and then had another slight off. Then I got a few places back.

However I had one minor quibble and that is with Keith Peppiatt who used some very unorthodox blocking especially up the main straight. Edit: *Accident* :)

I am sorry to Simon Trendell. I tapped you slightly and I think it contributed to your spin on T2.

Basically I then overtook some people and finished 9th :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes