RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another night showing why we should run more races at Mid-Ohio :) Great close racing all night long.

This is my first time booting up with STCC installed so I decided to give it a run in the sharp looking Volvo C30. Unfortunately I have been overly busy at work lately and my first time behind the wheel of it was the start of the practice session of the event. It took me most of the practice session to get a feel for this fun little car - very top-heavy and wants to swap ends at will during any type of switch-back maneuver.

Qual: As I was still trying to get a feel for the car I decided to run qual with race fuel and landed P10 with a 1:30.2xx (P9 after Marcel dropped)

Race 1: Tight pack heading into the chicane at the start, and Tim started into a spin which left us with a nose-to-nose collision. Pit radio promptly alerted me that my suspension was damaged and decided to man-handle the little Volvo for the next 13.5 laps anyway. I was chasing down Peter most of the race, with Tim trying to chase me down. Was holding it together reasonably well for most of the first half of the race but a random bout of understeer put me in the grass, allowing Tim to pass. I started trying to chase down Tim and Peter, who were having quite a battle all the way to the finish - too close of a battle at the end! Heading into the final right hand sweeper I started gasping on fumes (had 16 laps of fuel at start but the broken suspension left the front end floaty - lots of wheelspin :/ ) and resigned to coasting it home. However as luck would have it Peter and Tim had an incident and allowed me to jump from P8 to P6 as I idled across the finish.

Race 2: Started P3 - Immediately saw Sai rocket past at the start in his BMW, which I knew meant Christian couldn't be too far behind in the Merc. I looked in the rearview and saw Christian sideways in the middle of the track heading towards the chicane and the rest of the field was trapped for a few seconds, allowing me to take a few breaths in P4. Spent most of the race in P5 after Keith got past, and saw Warren sneaking up a few tenths a lap on me. Not sure what lap, maybe 9 or so, I dropped a wheel heading into the fast, off-camber right hander and flew off into the tire barrier. I tried to hold of the pack of Gaynall, William, and Christian as long as possible but my car finally gave up at the end of lap 13, setting me back from P6 to a finish in P8.

Great races, looking forward to more s2000 events.

Here we go again...
Best setup for some great racing if you ask me...
I'll resort back to the Volvo C30 with my Synaptic skin Download Here

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 197
i was not sure that i can make it and i was more a zombie on the weel

*Qualy
i made it on 2nd in the early part and could after that not lower my times more so i dropped back to 4th wd top 3 awsome job

*Race1
i got a good start but in that quality field it was just enough to conserve my 4th place
first lap i could stay realy close to Keith but started to drop back soon
dont know why but after 2 laps i closed up on the 3 top runners again and all of 4 was so close to eachother that you could cover us all with a handkerchief
first Sai did a error in the madness section and so Keith got past him but Sai got his place back a lap later
then in turne 1 Sai overcooked it and spun it i came a lot better out of turne1 as Keith
and so i was all over his bumper up to the chicane
maybe i was to close as it looked like Keith would avoid a bump from behind and so he braked verry late that made his Seat verry Tail happy and of he was
now in 2nd a gab of 6 secs to Cristian and 2.2 secs Air to Warren on 3rd i was trying all to keep the gab to Warren as i was sure i cant get in touch with Cristian
now maybe i tryed to hard a few laps i could rise the gab to 2.8 secs
but then it was constandly dropping till the point i overcooked it on the lefthander over the bump *check the pic of Keith in this thread my move was a copy of his lol*
now that it was and warren was past me at least i could avoid the barrier but i am sure not even a Stamp would have had room there :)
back on track i was 3 secs behind Warren, i realy tryed hard to push the Honda to his limits but then Keith cam up again from his spin
while i was trying to get back in touch with Warren, Keith was all over meand i had a decision to make let i Warren pull away and focus on Keith or will i stay in 100% attack mode on Warren and risk to do a mistake and let Keith go
i decided not to worry about Warren and do everythink i can to keep Keith on 4th
after a few laps i did a verry little error at the Hairpin and Keith put his nose inside me with no mercy :) since i normal miss the apexes a lot i am used to race a corner on the wider line too so i nailed it and on the middle of the strait i was again in front
we repeated this move several times in many variations :) lol
while we was giving eachother a hell of a race we closed the gab to warren from 3 secs down to under 2 secs
in the last lap at the end of madness i suddenly spotted Cristian realy slow and lost a bit momentum that gave Keith the change to sneak past me
at the carussell keith runned wide and i jumped beside him with no mercy knowing there is in fact no room for 2 cars
i was hoping that i was fast enough to get lane choise but noway we came out of the carussell side by side unlucky for me Keith could not hold the line and forced me to run wide :). nice racing Keith i am still outpowerd

*Race2
i had again a great start and settelt down in 3rd following Pètèr and Sai and guess what ?? Keith again all over me lol
so i started to push on Pètèr he defended pretty well but i was highly in need to get past him cuz of Keith was trying everything to get past me
as i was finaly past Pètèr i was hoping Keith will need atleast as much time to get past him as i did
but no he slipped past Pètèr 1 corner later and again i had him all over me lol as my tyers starte to go down i had a bad exit out of the madness and keith slipped past me but did a error again at the carussell and this time i could go past him fast enough to hit the door right in his face on the exit but my tyers where so shot i could barly keep it on track so Keith got past me again from then i just focused to stay on him till the end
2x3rd was realy more as i could expect gave me a overal 4th,great event and a exelent Track choise William thanks to all who was there and a big thanks to William and RD for deliver this hell of a race
@Warren great race1 for a old fart :) *hides*

now i just have to wait till Keith will deliver the Vid of it :D

Here are a few photos, Virtua did an excellent job with the tv camera on this course, very realistic.
the first is Race one lap 2 action, and the second is Warren, Peter, me and Yves - I was doing a little chicane drift. :)

Attachments

• mid-ohio.jpg
    mid-ohio.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 185
  • mid-o-drft.jpg
    mid-o-drft.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes