RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Jean Michel Rucheton,

That's funny, I ran for about 1.5 hours and the best I got is a 1:37.xxx with about 20L of fuel onboard. This is going to be interesting....Yves, have fun with whatever you are doing and hopefully we will meet next Sunday!

Tim

Hey Tim, don't worry, it's not like I do that every lap...:laugh2:... I wish!

Actually the more I practice and the faster I'm trying to get, the slower I am... Maybe it's a sign. I should try to be slow, and somehow, I'll be very fast! That's what my skydiving teacher used to tell me: "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast" :clap:

See u in the race!

Race report

:( My mobile always call call call,dam,I hate it :(

Qualify:2:18,very slow,I don't like FR,I can not ok it,****
Race 1 : My mobile call me more than 1 mins,dam,i take it,.......:( oh,i crash the wall,:( ,crazy
Race 2 :Mobile call again,dam,why this time more ppl call me, :(

But,I can not ok drive FR,I very baby on GT,**** :(

To enter the pre-event laptime contest :) ... my pb after an hour of testing was a 1:28:9xx during a quali session. Time Attack times were usually one second faster for me (rough estimate). Have not used it for a long time. I don't like TA either.

Hy Nico!

I'm realy ashamed i can't join into this event! But your posted time will be attacked by me on monday and i'll let you know my results.

If you have the time we could meet on tuesday on the WTCC and STCC holiday servers and race for ourselves? I'm able to join from 10:00 GMT until 18:00 GMT. Let me know! And ofcourse all others are invited. I'll post in the related forums.... Wish you a good race! :highfive:

Quali : P2

Race 1 : Nice battle with Richard Hamstead, he is fast. But finally he disappeared....
Race 2 : Sorry to Marcin Mojcik. Hit him on 1st turn at lap 3/4 (can't remember) Slow down to wait him rejoin but crashed by others from behind. Then have to quit.

Sorry again to Marcin Mojcik and thx the battle from Richard.

Great race 1 with Marcel :) and finished 4th, race 2 got a good start and was going well untill I collected Bens car at the top of Eau rouge after he had spun :( car was badly beaten up and it was race over for me, still had great fun though :D, thanks to Warren and RD for setting this up and cya next week :)

Hmmn! I made a last minute decision to join, and quickly wished I hadn't. Some of the driving standards were bordering on suicidal in the first lap of both races. When will people show some respect in the opening few turns.

Grabbed the Viper, only because i figured no one else would, but without practice it was a handful. Managed to Qualy P7 which was much better than I expected.
Race 1, I knew it needed a careful entry into Eau Rouge, but Mehmet and Mtommi both charged each side of me into the turn and I knew it would lead to grief. Sure enough, they touched each other, setting off a monumental pile up. I managed to avoid both of them, but then others behind ploughed into the pack sending someone flying into me and rolling me several times. There were cars littered everywhere. That pretty much wrecked my car, I tried to complete a lap but it was hopeless. Gave up and hoped for better in Race 2.

Race 2. Another careful start this time (safer at the back of the grid), and passed a huge number of cars along lap 1, as they all drove off track or were punted off track by others. Approaching busstop, Mtommi came flying into the turn in yet another suicidal move. I veered out of his way but watched him take out another two cars. That gifted me more spots, up to P5 already (ridiculous really). Had some nice laps with Marcel before he passed and had caught up to Wally by Lap 7. However, I somehow managed to botch up the hairpin into the straight, the car just wouldn't turn, and hit the far wall, destroying the car. Tried to drive on but it was doing some weird things and was basically undriveable, so quit and went back to join my family and guests at home.

Not exactly a fun night I'm afraid. :quiet:

Race 1: Got shunted off the track on lap 1, and then on lap 2 I had an altercation with a wall at about 250 kph, which left me with three wheels and on fire. So, a short and disappointing race.

Race 2: Dodged Mtommi going sideways in front of me on the start line! I missed some more carnage in the following laps, including Marcin's car spiraling through the air. Very spectacular. Marcel slowly hauled me in after a few patient laps and pulled off a great clean pass on me at the end of the long straight. Eventually Marcel was held up by Rolo, letting me catch up to the two of them, with Warren lurking behind me. We had some great 3-way racing for a while; for me this was beautiful racing. Rolo got the wobbles and Marcel and I got past, and with Marcel let free he took off. Race 2 was very enjoyable.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks Warren for organising it.

PS. I nearly chose the Koenigsegg just because it sounded like the gates of hell opening every time you shifted down the gears :)

Qualy: Was not good, already the training session I recognized this is not my day. Did a 2:21.xyz, was 1 sec faster before. Anyway would have been 5 sec behind the front guys :(! Ok, was again with race fuel, but that does not explain 5 secs.

Race1: Started 16th, Ian did not qualify at all. But that gave me a good pos for the carnage, as I could easily drive through it without any harm. Had Mike Lee (rolo) in front of me, but with growing gaps, in the beginning Neil and Marcin behind me. Neil got me in some lap after Eau Rouge (was missing top speed, need to look into this, guess wrong handling of Eau Roge), then I spun and Marcin got me as well. Put me on 10th, which was last of the field at that time. In my lap 9 I hit the wall, which gave me an aero problem, car was driving like a truck afterwards. Anyway....

Race2 Due to the many drop outs in race 1 I started from 9. Tried it again extra easy in lap 1 which worked till the chicane where somebody used me for braking. Tried to enter carefully though there were many cars, thought I hit Neil therefore waited, now in the replay I saw it wasnt me. I the last 2 or 3 laps I managed to follow Neil a little bit, gave me at least some good feeling (yeah I managed to stay close to somebody :)).

I guess I need more experiences with this GT cars! Anyway had fun! Happy new year to everybody (what to you say in English in advance for this?)

:( My mobile always call call call,dam,I hate it :(

Qualify:2:18,very slow,I don't like FR,I can not ok it,****
Race 1 : My mobile call me more than 1 mins,dam,i take it,.......:( oh,i crash the wall,:( ,crazy
Race 2 :Mobile call again,dam,why this time more ppl call me, :(

But,I can not ok drive FR,I very baby on GT,**** :(
I have an easy solution for this, simply switch it off during the race :)!

954772WTCC_06_flyer.jpg

Servername: racedepartment.com US
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 2006
Track: Estoril
Weather: Dry

Practice: Tuesday Dec. 30th 9:00 PM EST, ( Wednesday 2:00 GMT ) 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: (10:00PM EST - 3:00 GMT) 2 by 12 laps

Notes: This is a Race 07 event - 2006 cars only :)

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Marcel vd Aa
  2. Marty Pierce
  3. William Yunck - skin
  4. Bill Kaiser
  5. Keith Barrick
  6. Corey Theman - skin
  7. Yves Larose - skin
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Timothy Miller
  2. Mark Guy
  3. Richard Hamstead
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Well, there it went my 1st RD couple of races…

SPA is a track I know well, but from real live and GTR2 (24hrs)… before connecting to the server I did very few laps with GTRevo and as everybody, I had to setup the car from default.

I though a good Q lap would be in the 13s/14s, only managed to do a 16 with the C6R wish gave me 3rd on the grid.

1st Race
Had a start without any problems and kept my position. After the 1st lap I saw I could only circulate in the mid 17’s low 18’s at best, so the 2 front runners (doing 16’s in race) were away.

When under pressure from 4th (Jari Vinnari’s Audi) made a mistake exiting Bruxelles (too much power too early) and lost the rear wish dropped me to 7th.

With the other’s misfortunes by the final laps I was in 5th and closing on 3rd, 4th but then I saw that at that pace I didn’t had fuel to go to the end, as 6th was 30sec + back, had no trouble in shifting around 5000 rpm to be sure to reach the final in 5th.

2nd Race
The 5th at the 1st race had its advantages as it placed me in 4th for the 2nd race with racers in front that weren’t able of going below 19’s/ 20’s (at this race).

Race started, kept my position but was able to overtake in the 1st straight 2 racers only leaving me “Rolo’s” C5R in front. “Rolo” was about 2 or 3 seconds slower/lap, at times I had to slam the brakes just not to hit him (and it would have been my fault, nothing against you, you were correct mate). I finely did him on the 3rd lap braking into Stavelot, wish brought me to 1st. Immediately after that I tried to concentrate in doing a few fast laps wile my more direct adversaries were held behind slower drivers (grid inversion).

With that I built a 5 secs + lead wish was useful to manage to the end of the race. Jari Vinnari’s Audi (2nd) was about .5 of a sec a lap quicker than me and by the end of the race he was very close.
All in all, after observing the replays, I saw I had the 4th quickest pace around, wish means a 5th and 1st (who average a 3rd) is slightly better then I could hope with my race pace. I was also lucky to be sufficiently forward in both starts, so I was able to escape both Eau Rouge accidents.

... Some of the driving standards were bordering on suicidal in the first lap of both races. When will people show some respect in the opening few turns.
...I knew it needed a careful entry into Eau Rouge, but Mehmet and Mtommi both charged each side of me into the turn and I knew it would lead to grief. Sure enough, they touched each other, setting off a monumental pile up...

...Another careful start this time (safer at the back of the grid), and passed a huge number of cars along lap 1, as they all drove off track or were punted off track by others...

These were sprint races (25min each?), so some people setup and drive cars in way that I'm sure they wouldn’t do in an endurance race.

For instances, everyone knows (or should know), that it is possible to do Eau Rouge flat out (especially with a Q setup). The problem is… it is basically too risky to do it (in race), especially with others near, and one knows that going by there an X amount of times it easy (once) to misjudge the trajectory. So one should leave some room for a possible mistake or one can easily end his (and others) race there.

Like in many other tracks, some people like to “invent” overtaking points in SPA.

For the record, excluding the situations when the front driver permits (or does a mistake), the classic overtaking points in SPA are:
Braking into Les Combes, braking into the 1st turn at Fagnes (hard to do because Pouhon exit is very fast), braking into the 1st turn in Stavelot area, braking into Bus Stop, braking into La Source.

Eau Rouge, Raidillon, the turn after Bruxelles, Pouhon, Blanchimont are absolute one liners. In order to overtake there, or the front racer permits (voluntarily or by mistake) or someone will be “killed”.
Notice that, for instances, you can cleanly overtake in Blanchimont (or any other place), but for that, the front racer has to exit considerable slower from Stavelot (his mistake) so one can gain the line going into Blanchimont.

If any of you have (or had) a look into the replays, you will see some very “optimist” overtaking attempts going into/in Blanchimont and Eau Rouge.

A small note… the “race” started (the practice) about 7 min. earlier (8.53 GMT) then the appointed time, wish I think isn’t fair for everyone (I was there 1 hr earlier so it wasn’t a problem for me).

Finely and just to leave it clear, everyone was correct to me, I didn’t had any problems in any of the races and I hope no one had with me.

Thanks to all that participated for the very good races and to RD for the server availability.
Congratulations to Vinnari for the overall win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back