RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

All geared up ready for a cracker of a race from 4th place start,tension building up through the formation lap and good run down to T1 just keeping ahead of Eck enough,just as i go to turn in,,,,,,Whapped to desktop to see me fresh Mini Dump :poop::pissed-off:.
Not Happy.....

Im sure a brilliant event and grats to podium and all who finish.
Many Thanks Marcel and RD for all the efforts.

{Please let it be so,my dead car didnt bugger Eck?!?!?!}

crap... need more practice with the G25 brakes, either slammed on too hard or not enough. big apologies to Patrick, concentrating so much on brakes missed my turn in point. hmmm may have to turn down the force feedback too... wicked whip on my arms.

again, apologies to anyone i tapped. off to scare the ai for a while!

Not brilliant... crashed the car after about 20 mins but im not that bothered about it. The Toledo is probably the worst car on GTR Evo to drive in my opinion.

Also i couldn't really see the point in the formation lap - the idea of a formation lap is to warm the car up, but my tyres dropped by about 20 deg as we aren't allowed to weave to keep the heat in them.

Was really enjoying the race then with about 38 mins left everyone disappeared, what the hell causes that?

Sorry Pat for formation lap, saw Sebastien break so broke, thought i might hit him and turned to the right. So I shall be putting in a claim for whiplash lol.

Quali:

I had fastest sector 1 and 2 times so could of had the pole, but messed up the 2nd to last corner, went in to much and went into a slide losing around a second as I lost all my momentum, ended up with a 56.0 which put me in 7th.

Race:

Was fun race, very competivie or though my Marcos seemed to be a bit slow on the straights compared to the other cars due to it's poor aero or something (had 2-1 wings too) Was up into 4th place though and was confident of grabbing 3rd place, had some good battles and made a nice stop but Eck had some problems lapping Sebastian and I ended up smacking right into his rear as there was 2 cars pretty much standing still on a very fast part of the track, there was no room to go anywhere or enough to slow down, just a racing incident IMO, so no probs, car was mashed after that race over though, was a very good club event to be in though :)

Well done to all finishes :)

Had a good qually and race was on...but made the stupid mistake to change the brake duct from 3 to 2 just before race so was not used to it.
This resulted in Tim quickly overtaking me and then at the hairpin I lost the rear as well...fooking brakes braked bit harder lol.

Anyway got back on track and then received a stop and go penalty as well.
All gone to bits and from there on I was chasing.
Made a quick pit without changing tyres but just putting in enough fuel and ended up 4th at some point 12 min before race finish and was 4.5 seconds behind no 3 which was Tim then.

But then I had to lap someone who decided to let go off his throttle which was not needed at all but probably good intention and I could not avoid him and there goes the front spoiler....race over as I could not be arsed with another pit lol.

Saw alot of accidents with lappers tbh so this is something where there is room for improvement and maybe some chit chat about it :)

All in all I had good fun but could have been hell of a lot better :laugh2:

Till next time and grats to all that made it to the end and offcourse the top 3 !

big apologies to Patrick, concentrating so much on brakes missed my turn in point.

No problem Keith.
Practice went good and had the fastest lap, and the BMW felt perfect.
But in qualifying I was not concentrated on my outlap, and crashed, so I had to start as 25th.
At the end of lap 1 I was back to p14 or p15, but at the end of the long straight, Keith missed his braking point, hit the back of my car, and I went into the wall. It was just a race accident, but I had to pit, as my suspension was broken, had a flat tire and I had lost my splitter.
I fueled it up so I did not have to pit again, and changed my front tire.
But I forgot to repair the damage to my suspension and my splitter, so I had to stop again the next lap.
After all of this, I was 1,5 lap behind everyone, and I pushed as hard as I could. I drove the fastest lap I think and made it to P8.

Grats to Sander and see you all next time!

First time racing these cars, and after some testing I for some reason choose the BMW:good:

Qualified in 12’th
Drove a consistent race without incident or heavy fights and had 7’th when I pitted on the 17’th lap (I think it was)
Opted for only fuel, but had the preset with all to much fuel load so it took some little time to adjust.
Dident really find the balance after the stop with old tyres and heavy fuel load and couldn’t hold of Marcel and Michael (I think it was) who after some small battles overtook me.
Finished in a (according to me) descent 6’th place

Nice race everybody, great fun :laugh2:

Was a good race. Qualified 2nd although my lap was **** hehe. Formation lap went ok but Tim passed me very early and had to follow for a while in 3rd. Then Ries made a mistake, shortly followed by a mistake from Tim and so I was in the lead and could open the gap to Tim in 2nd and Eck in 3rd to about 11 seconds when I was about to lap Andrew. He made an initial move to the right so I went to the left to pass him, but then Andrew decided to go to the left causing me to bump him off, sorry for that but I never expected you to switch sides :) Made my apologies what caused me another trip through the grass and so my lead was down to 1 or 2 seconds. After that I increased my lead again and Tim and Eck did a pitstop so I had no pressure from behind anymore.

At the start of the race I put in 80 liters so I had to pit in the last 15 minutes which worked out very well because of the only 30 liters that I had to put in and I didn't changed tyres as they were doing very fine (78% at the time I stopped and 70% at the finish). From there on it was just a matter of bringing it home :)

Thanks all :good:

Grats to Sander, Tim n Mehmet... the podium.

Nothing untoward, resulted from your probs Gary... I did poop myself, when I saw the stationary car... may even have had a weave, in avoidance of something I wasn't gonna hit.... lol.

Race was going well, running in the top 4 (after Gary's mishap). Got third after Ries had his moment, at the hairpin. Tim had a similar moment, it didn't result in a spin though... his retrieval, back onto the track, was a touch close... lol. I had second, for a second or maybe even two... lol.
We had a good race for a few after that, we did swap positions a couple of times, he let me have second for a whole lap... lol.
After stops, we were back in positions three and four (with both Sander n Mehmet, still to complete their stops), I'd changed tyres n was trying to make up ground. I suspected Tim had not.
When I came upon Sebastien, I wasn't expecting him to slow so much for turn 3. No matter though, I collided with him... he made no deviations.. so my fault. I stopped, to give him the position back. As he moved off, he got a bit squirrely on the grass... I was alongside him again, (committing sin #2) blocking the track. And Damian is correct, he had nowhere to go and no time for avoidance... I just pulled over n stopped... shamed again...

Thanks to all, for a great evening. I did myself no favours...

• Mehmet Arslan

My qualy time was enough to get the 6th spot.

When the race started i had some nice fights with damien, i think at one point i passed him and closed the gap, dont know what happened there with u mate, u had such a good pace.Was going 5th then if i remember right.

Then i saw Tim making an early pitstop, i thought maybe he was having problems with his car. But when i asked Tim he said it was just a normal pitstop, an early one.

When i passed Tim i was going second, geuss Eck and Patrick had some troubles.
So now i was trying to catch up with sander which seemed impossible as he was 16 seconds infront of me.
Race was going good and after 40 minutes the car still felt good and the tyres were also feeling good but i had to pit no matter what because of the fuel :eat:.

Sander pitted before me so i was going first :sinister: for quite a while, only if i had a little bit more fuel i could have won.

So it was time to make my pitstop, when i left the pit i was going 3rd and i had a 35 seconds gap with the car behind me so i took it very easy and crossed the finishline 3rd.
Grats to Sander for the win and Tim for seconds and me for 3rd :):).

I want to thank RD for this great event and hope to see u soon on track.

Name on RD forum: Bob Miley
Name in game: Bob Miley
Your Country: England
Control: Thrustmaster RGT
Car: F3k
Special remarks: Will try anything once.
*** Prepared to step aside to make room for North American members if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back