RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My first time racing STCC, and turned out to be a case of what might have been. On the racetrack, I was going very well, but in the pits, hopeless again.

Qualified ok in P4. The superpole on this track was pretty intense.

Race 1. Good start and got to the lead after Yves tagged Marty in lap 2. Held the lead until mid race, but then blew it all in the pits. Hit the pit fence going in, then pulled into my pitbay(I thought) but my pitcrew were having lunch and didn't show. After a while, decided that I was positioned incorrectly so forward and reversed a few times, still no luck. Then reversed out and moved further to the left (partly across pitlane) and the pitcrew finally swung into action. Of course by now I was last and just cruised home.

Race 2. Good start from pole, and quickly opened a very big lead. I was even opening the gap to Yves behind me, till the damned pitstop was needed again. Hit the pit fence yet again, and in the mayheam hit the pitspeed limiter a tiny bit late. This time the pitcrew did it's job, but I received a stop n go for speeding in pitlane. One lap and back again. After that, back to last again.

Oh well, I thought I was driving well, looks like I need pitstop practice now.

Thanks to those who raced, pretty small group though, especially with so few Aussies turning up.

Man that was allot fun and very competitive racing. This was my second race on this track as I did the euro event when stcc 1st came out. I think the euro race was like 25 people 45 or 60 minutes. I enjoyed this one more.

Qualified P1 and it was very tight and good fight for pole

Race-1 Made a good start no problems early. Yves had a nice drive out of the last turn behind me on the second lap and we were in a drag race to the 1st turn. We bumped coming through the turn and I slid sideways full throttle to keep from spinning out. As I got it back I came across Williams line who ended off track avoiding me. Yves waited and I continued in 2nd behind Warren. Followed Warren on an excellent pace for several laps until he pitted. Marcell passed me then pitted. I stayed out for 2 more laps in 1st with Lu in 2nd.
Pitted on lap 8 taking 2 left tires only in 7 seconds and some how came out by a hair in front of Marcell keeping 1st. I had Marcell covering me like a blanket for the last 5 laps. Held on for 1st. Very clean and fun race.

Race-2 This race was a little crazier for me but allot of fun. Had good battles with several people and found myself sideways on several occasions from contact. Most of which was just good hard racing with William And Tim. The best one was with Tim who was holding a good line as I was passing him and I drifted wide across his front. The small touch we had sent me in the longest drift I ever recovered from. Kind of fun. Pushed hard the rest of the race to finish 4th. Was second overall to Yves who won the race and the overall Well Done! Most fun Ive had in a while :highfive:

First of all I had a great time, I just really like the short tracks. The racing is closer and more exciting.

That being said I feel I wronged Marty in race 2. I couldn't see him on the outside in turn one and as I came out of it I swiped him. Sorry Marty, Also technically I should be DQ'ed as in watching the replay I clearly cut the white line at the pit entrance 2 or 3 times. BAD!
great driving though everyone, and sorry Warren for your pit stop blues. You were driving so well. :(
I hope everyone had fun, see you next time.

William I honestly felt like the incidents were just a result of hard racing. No problems here man.:go-away:

anyhow.. this is prolly the last mini enduro of the year - boxing day is next friday.... so see y'all in 09... and we'll kick off mellow style... yes sir... :becky:[/quote]

How mellow Mr Evans? :laugh2: Any hint to which track we maybe racing on? :go-away:

After all, I need as much practice as possible lol

Attachments

• Synaptic BMW-Extreme Front.jpg
    Synaptic BMW-Extreme Front.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Synaptic BMW-Extreme Side.jpg
    Synaptic BMW-Extreme Side.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 471
  • Synaptic BMW-Extreme Rear.jpg
    Synaptic BMW-Extreme Rear.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 495
  • Synaptic BMW-Extreme Top.jpg
    Synaptic BMW-Extreme Top.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 479
Qualified 13th.
During practice and qualifying sessions, i was able to do only 2 laps
without spinning at "dead corner", quite frustrating. I guess this happened because i was trying to hard, which i didn't during race.
Very nice start from all, first lap almost clean, well done. :clap2:
Second lap i had a scary moment at "dead corner" when 2 drivers spun just in the middle, adding a chicane there :bump2: i saw the replay, and i still wonder how i managed to get out of there, again, luck on my side. :becky:

Later, things calm down a bit and for a while, had fun with Dietmar.
Btw, at lap 5 or 6 i had damaged suspension already (i wonder how i hold so much laps without hit something) :faint:when i pit, didn't bored to repair anything, pit stop went well.
Untill the end was just trying to keep the engine alive and try to finish.
Therefore i'm happy with the 5th place.

Well done Sebastien, fantastic pace.
Well done to the podium and to all finishers.

Thanks for beeing so evil Andrew :roll:

See you around,
Cheers.

Chaps ... I am gonna have to pull out tonight I am afraid ... damn router is b0LLx3d, keeps dropping connections and we currently have no telephones here either (we use VOIP telephony and that is out the window too).

Mind you, I would only have lasted half a lap anyway - if I dare be so brave mate ... this one seems a touch too far in the minis, but I guess the race is yet to run, so maybe its just my lack of prep time on this :disapointed:

Right... am off to local techy shops in Christmas crowds to try and find a replacement VOIP router ... joy to the world :p

GL all ... you seriously are gonna need it :D

I feel for you Lee, i hope you sort connection issues very soon mate. :beer:

less carnage tracks to start 09, ah promise... :wink:

Yessssssssssss :worship:

as for the track.... hmmmm... when i tested it i thought... "that's challenging" rather than "that's deadly".... i wouldnae have picked this on the back of porto in hindsight... ahh, tis such a wonderful thing.... :wink:

It happens... :wink2:

we'll kick off mellow style... yes sir... :becky:

May I suggest Okayama/Tiaida 05...Very nice for mini's and a very high probability of 20+ finishers :highfive:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back