RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: 2nd Finish: 2nd

Amazed myself with the lap for front row start,all good for a couple laps,happy to keep close to Sebastien ahead,then just after Yves put a big slipstream pass on me at T1 i done my first "lose it",from 2nd to 9th i think?,then i had more moments one bending the car a bit,not nice with this new feeling with damages,got back to 3rd but couldnt stop making mistakes so constantly dropping back.
Pit went well and seemed to get over my spin problem a bit,but then done some more.....Ries had to leave and i became 2nd,but not a race to be proud of at all.....
Grats Sebastien holding that all together for 1hr.20mins.,good job D. Lemon and to all who finished.

Cheers Andrew and RD !!

Good start and after some mistakes of the leaders I was on p1, lol. But not for long. on lap 3 I lost it into T1 and crahsed badly. Totaly wrecked my mini, but the engine was still running lol. Then looooong pitstop. Tryed to regain and pushed. Damaged suspension and crahed again. next loooong pitstop. Then filled up my car with full tank trying to be carefull and go to the end. But no way LOL crahed very very hard into T1 again. Was flying in the air and totaly wrecken my mini again... but the engine was still running LOL. Next looonng pitstop. Then sevral other little crashes lol. No idea how many times I was off track, after 10 I was not counting any more LOL. Finaly I had a fight with Dietmar 3 courners before the finish line hehe
I'm surprised how robust that mini is :dance2: I cant believe I saw the finish lol

stats:

-->stats klick me <--

Quali: 11th
Race 3rd

Could hardly put a lap together during practice so I was amazed to finish the race never mind finish 3rd!! well done Sebastien, Gary and all who finished this exhausting race ( surely the headmaster will give us something a bit easier next week :)) thanks Andrew for the time and effort organizing these events and RD too, see you all next week if there is one! and merry christmas :D

Great event !
My first race as a trial member and a first place after the qualification (0,3 second better than my best lap).

I maked a good start and in the first turn at the second lap Daniel Juncadella and Gary Lennon made a mistake that put me first with a couple of seconds between me and the second.
But in lap 3, I made a mistake in the first turn and Daniel Plaikner was very good to pass me without touching my car. Sorry Daniel for the fear and for my mistake.
With this mistake I was at the 3rd place.

But lap4, Daniel make the crash of the event in turn 1 so I come back to the 2nd place behind Ries Notenboom. The position was not modified until Ries went to the pit to put Fuel and to change his tyres (lap 22).

I had fuel for 24 laps so I know that I need to make 2 good laps to try to be on the first place.
After my pit stop, I was at the first place with a couple of seconds behind Ries Notenboom.

After than, no modification of the position, a great event, thanks all for this race !!!

Thanks for the organisation and thanks RD and merry christmas and happy new year if we didn't see each other before the end of the year.

• Andrew Evans

wd sebastien mate, nice debut! :thumb:

as for the track.... hmmmm... when i tested it i thought... "that's challenging" rather than "that's deadly".... i wouldnae have picked this on the back of porto in hindsight... ahh, tis such a wonderful thing.... :wink:

anyhow.. this is prolly the last mini enduro of the year - boxing day is next friday.... so see y'all in 09... and we'll kick off mellow style... yes sir... :becky:

Qualy: I used it as further practice! Went one time out with race setup and did a 1:42.067, actally better than I thought, in practice I was always around 1:43 with the race setup. Gave me 21.

Race: At the start I were where I wanted to be far at the end and on purpose let it go easily. End of lap 1 I was on 17, next lap I was on 12, unfortunately in lap 3 i had my first spinning in T1 (was even on the roof, but suspension problem). In lap 6 I was up to 7 and had a nice fight with Carlos. After Paulo overtook Carlos I had him in my neck for a couple of laps actually. In between we were exchanging position twice to to mistakes of each other, until I had another one in T1 when he finally got me (he would lap me later as well). End o lap 22 I did my pit stop (was on 8 at that time), was half of the time, plan was actually to do it one lap later, anyway was going significantly better than expected. Less mistakes than expected (until then). Came out of pit on 9 (Richard B. overtook me). After a little bit had Daniel in my neck, distance 30 seconds (David was about a minute away). I think for some laps that was stable, but then I started making mistakes, my tyres wearing of badly. At some point I had Carlos in front of me, but 1 lap behind. He was actually going about my pace, but I was sure that he would get sooner or later a blue flag, felt sorry, but nothing I could do about, so he had to let me go. At some point Daniel must have pitted. Just saw now in the replay that for some time I had Steven Palmer behind me, so dont know exaclty who that was with the 30 seconds :). Starting lap 29 it got bad for me, mistake rate increased dramatically. But Steven behind me must have had the same experience as the gap did not change much. For quite some time I thought I could bring the 8th home. But then, I knew Daniel was behind me the gap melted, so I tried to push a little bit harder. The race lasted exactly one lap to long ;-). In T2 we went both off. I knew he was significantly faster, so I tried not to block him but also not to make it easy for him :). It was the last turn, where he got pass me, while turning in I hit him slightly which sent me off. If at all, my mistake. That would actually have nearly finished my race, got a puncture in my right front wheel. Daniel waited and I slowly managed to the finish line, but wanted actually not overtake him, as I did not feel it to be his mistake :D. So we made it about together :D!

Great race, I am so happy I finished this race, especially after my early end in Porto! I enjoyed the track, though it was difficult. Great fun, thanks all!

Merry Christmas to all (am not sure how much I will be able to race in the coming two week)!

• Lu Chan

My computer porblem, very long time can't race in RD official. This time is my first race STCC and the rule. This race is very clean, fair and excellent.
Many Thanks Marty,William,Warren,Eric,Olaf,Yves......and all fantastic driver in this race.(Sorry i forget some name) I have a lot of fun today. :high5:
Thanks again Warren and RD. see you late! :wave:

Cheers
Lu

wd sebastien mate, nice debut! :thumb:

as for the track.... hmmmm... when i tested it i thought... "that's challenging" rather than "that's deadly".... i wouldnae have picked this on the back of porto in hindsight... ahh, tis such a wonderful thing.... :wink:

anyhow.. this is prolly the last mini enduro of the year - boxing day is next friday.... so see y'all in 09... and we'll kick off mellow style... yes sir... :becky:

phheeeww!

sounds like you had fun guys. kinda thinking i got away lightly not getting a spot. :D

First of all I had a great time, I just really like the short tracks. The racing is closer and more exciting.

That being said I feel I wronged Marty in race 2. I couldn't see him on the outside in turn one and as I came out of it I swiped him. Sorry Marty, Also technically I should be DQ'ed as in watching the replay I clearly cut the white line at the pit entrance 2 or 3 times. BAD!
great driving though everyone, and sorry Warren for your pit stop blues. You were driving so well. :(
I hope everyone had fun, see you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back