RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

For sure that was the most challenging track weve visited in this unofficial Caterham 320 "mini series"!!!.

Qual: 3rd Finish: 3rd

Got the initial jump on Craig and had thoughts of taking the run on Ries in 1st,but decided better of it with the nature of those first turns there,felt good following close but soon Ries done a bit of gap,i slowly started to reel it back in,late in the race Patrick came to play as well,i went wide a bit and as usual Pat is there happy to take the run on my inside to the chicane,i tried bravado braking into the chicane,but nothing came of that and finished a happy 3rd.
Brilliant race from the start!,Gratso Ries,Solid Win,as usual nice racing Patrick "The Shark" Duivelaar ;).

Race 2 i made another decent getaway and took the car ahead,but still managed to lose a place or two after the opening 2 turns....??!??...still good to be away clean again and with leaders in sight,lap 3 i think?,i was mid turn of the awkward double left after the opening turns and the car in front of me suddenly swerved to the side revealing a green and yellow Lotus skin car stopped facing me....! :o,bit of a nose to nose Ding!,no damage call for me and not much delay,i dont really know what was going on there but after it all i was now in 2nd place with a gap to chase to Karoly in the lead,but his pace was very good and closing in was a slow process,when i got under 1.5secs coming out the final turn we came upon a car to lap,Karoly went far left towards pitwall,i stayed out right side on the racing line,i think the lapper was moving to let us both go unaware Karoly was goin the other side of him,this handed me the lead with 1.5secs gap,Karoly could keep pace though until he made a mistake with a lap and half to go,so a careful cruise finish win.

Well done all i had the pleasure of close racing with,and thanks to all for joining and making another good grid for Cats fun,ofcourse Thanks to RD

Excellent fun ... bit chaotic at times, but to be expected with these things

Race 1 - must apologise for my Carlos Checa impersonation at Valencia a few years back ... forgot to engage first gear ... had the clutch down (new to a manual clutch see), then let it up real quick and would have been off like a rocket ... but yeah ... errrm ... no good if you don't engage brain and 1st gear eh?
Hope I didn't stuff up anyone's race badly with that?

Great racing and chasing Marty and Dave ... nice work gents :thumb:
Rest of race was fun and landed 7th I think in the end

Race 2: 1st engaged I leapt off the line (from 2nd) up into the lead ... held it for a lap then I think it was Karoly taht got through on me, with Ries close behind. Ries unfortunately clipped me and spun me with the pack right behind us heading straight at me like a swarm of angry wasps. With nothing else to do, I decided to slam it in reverse, floor it and and do a James Bond getaway 180º spin (as demonstrated to me by my BVM team buddee Hansi, and practiced once last night larkin around :D).
Well impressed with this, I set off trying to make up places, Reis caught and got past me, but suddenly mid race I found myself in 5th again :shocked:

Someone spun and lost it, so I kept it booted with Marty behind chasing hard, but gapped him and left it at around 3.5 seconds.

At the line I took 3rd, but only cos the gent of the evening award goes to Ries for slowing and letting me by (explanation in game he gave: it didn't feel right after the earlier incident ...). Thanks bud ... but you didn't have too.

Stoked to have had loadsa fun and got a podium in the process.

Thanks Gary, thanks RD, hanks Ries, thanks all who were there tonight for more good fun and an enjoyable evening :good:

i think the lapper was moving to let us both go unaware Karoly was goin the other side of him

yea Gary, Daniel blocked me on the exit :( After the tap I moved my car on the inside, and he did the same

I had several troubles during lapping tonight. C'mon guys, use that bloody mirror while racing

the fighting for the 1st place between us was gone
I haven't been on the top of the podium for such a long time:crying:
what a shame

Your race was almost perfect, well done Gary

Good fun races in the Toledo for me - finished 2nd in both after some very close racing.

Regarding the backmarker issue - i watched the replays of both races and as far as i can see most of it seemed to be a pure accident with no one really to blame. For me, everyone got out of the way fine - i know i tapped Mike, but that was my fault for trying to get past too quick. Just be patient behind the car you are trying to lap - and make sure you watch your mirrors if you are being lapped. Another tip is if you move over to allow the leaders past, make sure you move over only when it is safe to do so - so in a position where you slowing will not cause an accident or make the leaders have to drive around you in a dangerous way. Make your moves direction obvious - slowing on the inside of the racing line before you enter a corner is usually a good idea as it doesn't slow either of you much - either that or lifting off before you brake will allow them to get past easily.

That said, there was some very good driving displayed by the people around me - had some good fun trying to find a way around Michael and Tony for a few laps, and when i did they were very fair and gave enough room so thanks for that. Congrats to Richard on the double :)

Thx for pure fun racing :eat:

Qual.
got 6 th on the grid .

race 1.
made a bad start because i was a bit careful for the car in front of me.
In the first fast right corner me and Jan i guess where side by side
he was in the "blindspot" and i could not see if he had loosed the grip.
i got hit back of the car so my suspension failed really bad. so Jan
it did not start the carousel :) ...
Needed to go into pit stop. but managed to keep good pace the whole race.

race2.
was really fun got plenty of fights, but unfortunaly i got hit again in
the back of the car on 1 lap, this time my car was ok so no pit stop needed.
these caterhams are really fun to race, love them :dance2:
enjoyed every minute.

Regards
Kimmo

OK,Sign me up seems like it's some room for me here. I'll really try to make it if my alarmclock will awake me.
If I'm not there you know I'm soud asleep in my Hästens, very early for me but I really would like to join here...... hopefully see ya'll later :) and just to confirm it's ok to use any of the skin's you've uploaded?

And me please! My skin http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=441 though I think the CoH mini will need to be removed from the mini skin pack as it conflicts for some reason

You will need to change your name in one of the skin's ini files, then it will work fine.
I simply added "BVM" to all our BVM mini skin names to ensure that previous skins we had do not conflict with our new ones.

eg ... "header" section of "BVM mini.ini" file for me reads as follows:
[[[Black Visor Motorsport]]]
[[Lee Downham BVM]]
[BMW MINI COOPER]

Second skin.ini reads like
[[[Some team name]]]
[[Lee Downham]]
[BVM MINI COOPER]

Nice choice of car and track very difficult though

quali was P7 happy with that

Race 1 had a good start when it all sorted out I was in 5th. Had battle with Dave for many laps. Made a mistake sliding in the dirt through the inside of turn and back onto the track still in front of Dave who was very kind not to hit me. I seem to keep messing Dave up. Ended finish in 6th

Race-2 got off to good start slotting into second. Lots of pushing and banging Early and was pushed off track at one point loosing about 5 places. Ended up in battle for 5th with Lee. Lee I checked the replay and when I came into you in the last turn I was hit from behind by Ries sending me into you. We came out ok so no real harm I guess. Chased Lee for 2nd half of the races but the harder I tryed the more the gap opened. Great fun battling with Lee,Dave and Craig thanks all, Marty Finished 4th

You will need to change your name in one of the skin's ini files, then it will work fine.
I simply added "BVM" to all our BVM mini skin names to ensure that previous skins we had do not conflict with our new ones.

[[Lee Downham BVM]]
[BMW MINI COOPER]

[[[Some team name]]]
[[Lee Downham]]
[BVM MINI COOPER]

??? Slap me if I'm wrong but that won't work will it??? (the red highlight)

I think that is just a typo, isn't it?

[[Lee Downham BVM]]
[BMW MINI COOPER]

[[[Some team name]]]
[[Lee Downham]]
[BVM MINI COOPER]

you're right Lee, but I was thinking it would be easier for everyone else to delete the old one :)

• Matt Alpeter

I'll be there guys!

And Johan, the skins that we uploaded are the ones we will be using during the race. They are personalized, so you probably shouldn't use them, but you do need to download them to be able to see them while racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back