RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

NP mate ... it happens (just glad it wasn't me :wink2:)

... that was a lot of fun
Race 1 - new wheel, very nervous, 5 sec's faster in race and went from 21st to 10th, with a bit of an off ... did some quality up close and personal stuff plus a bit of overtaking so was way happy with that.

Race 2 - nervous at start and slipped a bit with manual clutch so udged forward, got a S&G ... but only managed to do that after a bit of chaos off the line ... as I said at start of this post, np's dude, its only a fun event anyways and I was having heaps of fun no matter where I was. Ran around for a bit, caught and passed Mtommi I think, but then got strange blue flag warnings with no cars around me at all, and the kind of stone off windscreen clicking noises you get when there is a car right in front of you, but there was no-one there.
Decided I best park it and quit in case I caused anyone any troubles - hope I didn't, fear i was disco'd :(

Oh well ... great fun whilst it lasted ... thanks Gary, RD and all in there tonight, a much needed blast after a couple of crappy days fixing and rebuilding my machine.

BTW, my synopsis of the cars: I was a second quicker in Gumpert (1:28 flat) than in CCGT, might have just been lucky setup clicks or me getting more used to my new pedals and wheel :)clap:), but Gumpert did feel a lot more agile to me and I enjoyed the drive a bit more.

Really shitty races :mad-tongue:

Race 1 : Hade the ”egg” to start with.
Qualified in 9t’h and had a descent start even though the car in front was slow from the line.
On lap 1 in T2 (after the strait) I was hit hard from behind by Rickard N who braked all too late. Still out of shape from that hit I went a bit too wide in T3 putting the left wheels on the grass and slided, and collided again with Rickard witch sent me off spinning and Richard wide onto the grass. Rickard rejoined in 20’t place and me in 22’th.
Drove a clean race from that on and managed to finish in 9’th

Race 2 : Qualified in the “gump” in 12’th after a small mistake on the hot lap.
At start I was in the left lane and directly Geatan L came sliding from the right lane hitting the wall on the left and I ended up ramming him sideways. Directly thereafter Lee D ended up in the pile up who sent me over in the right lane where I collected Thomas L who went of into the grass.
I tried to go round that one lap for repairs, but the car was not drivable – race finished

The cars where fun, the concept was fun, but the results not so funny…
Hope for better luck next time :fingers-crossed:

Great fun all the way!

With the Egg I qualied 4th and in the race I missed a turn in the first lap and fell back to 17th, I think. Bit by bit I climbed back to 5th(or 6th perhaps)

And in the Gumpert the quali also went fine and that was paying me the 5th spot at the grid. In the race I struggled with Michael, Simon and Patrick. To my pleasure I actually pulled the longest straw and was first car...-after the podium guys ;)!

Anderstorp is an all time favourite of mine and so is the RaceDepartment!

Thanks, Gary and all fellow racers :)

Race 1

Qualified 7th with a PB of 1:28.436 with 47L race fuel.(Holy Moly). Was a lucky lap as never got close in race. Made a lot of mistakes, break points, spins etc but had a blast and finished 13th so was very happy.

Race 2

Didn`t qualify due to the mistakes of first race and never driving car before this. Found it more stable and about same pace as ccgt with race fuel. Made fewer mistakes and finished 10th, thanks to a last lap spin by Mr. (charitable) Tennant.

Overall, had a great time and the racing was clean and fair which added to the enjoyment.

Thanks Gary and RD, could we have more GTP races (maybe an enduro) as these cars take some getting used to.

Congrats all on a great night.

Thanks for a great race.

Really enjoyed the battles we had Gary and Pat.

Both races were really good fun, I know the egg so had an ok setup although I dont like anderstorp, not had much practice in the gumpert but it felt very nice with a modified egg setup.

Overall had a great time.

look forward to the next one.

cya on track chaps

After a slow sign up for this it ended up filling up nicely for tonight for a good healthy looking grid.

Koenigsegg CCGT -
Qual:3rd Finish:3rd

A vey nice rocket start launched me from P3 to P1 with comfort space into T1....happy days :D ..on the downside,i had Mike and Patrick chasing me (zoinks),i went quite well early on but soon made those tiny little errors going so slightly wide,Mike and Pat were there to take the open doors,I was happy being able to follow Pat on his way to try and reel in Mike,he eventually got a pass and their battle for the lead let me back into play,but i ended up a bit unsighted behing Mike at that nasty tight left 3rd from last turn!!,fortunately i missed the back of Mike taking more an evasive route than trying to make the turn,my little offski dropped me back from the lead fight :(,but with pace like that going on out there im happy with 3rd :).
Well done Pat and Mike for that superb racing.

Gumpert Apollo -
Qual: 1st Finish: 1st

Stunned and chuffed with pole,but no good rocket start this time,i slewed a bit left putting too much power down and this let me see Rickard doing what i done in the first race,and blasting past into T1 for the lead,Pat and Mike chasing close,i dont really remember what happened but Pat was soon past me,again happy to follow along this early and see whats what,to my amazment at that same 3rd to last turn i had trouble with in race one claimed Patrick this race when the back of his Egg stepped right round on him just at the apex,i could nip round his side-on car with no real drama and on to try and chase Rickard,it felt like it took a good few laps to get a rythym and then close enough to apply pressure,a small error from Rickard at the final turn handed me the lead and also let Mike through,then it was 3 or 4 laps of big push as much as possible,Mike never let it go to the finish!!.
Well done Mike and Rickard holding it together for 3rd.

Many Thanks all you guys for racing tonight,and ofcourse Thanks to RD

These beasts are a real challenge! I struggled to find a driveable setup before the event for both cars. I managed high 1:28's in both, which I figured to be slow, and I was correct. :)

First Race: I qualified 11th in CCGT with a 1:29 flat, and proceeded to beat that by half a second in the warmup. LOL I got an OK start for me (I am bad at that, and there was some pushing and shoving in the first couple of turns. I stayed out of the trouble, and lost a couple of places, but then went into Turn 4 too hot with cold tires and drifted off. I waited for an opening, and rejoined in 20th. Then I actually ran some nice laps. I had some nice battles, and a few passes. I also went by a few offs, and finished up in 11th, right where I started! :thumb:

Second Race: Again struggled in quali, and ended up 13th in the Gumpert. Even though I was a bit slower, I was better at handling the 1st lap traffic, so I had no offs or incidents, and came out of the 1st lap in 10th. :thumb: I had a nice set of battles then for the rest of the race. I fought with Roy and Patrick for a couple of laps, but I was clearly slower, so I let them by. Then I had a nice battle with Dave, and I was holding my own until lap 13, when I missed my braking point at the end of the long straight, and slid into the kitty litter.:disapointed: That slid me back from 8th to 9th, and out of the points. I chased Dave the rest of the way, but ended in 9th. :thumb:

Overall, this was a fun and successful race event. I drove the races pretty well, and held my own in the middle of the pack. I am just not fast enough to stay with the big boys, but there were plenty of folks in my general speed range, and I had a blast running and dicing with them. :thumb:
Thanks guys for a great event!:laugh2: I really enjoyed running with all of you.

Take care, and I'll see you at another event soon!

Chris

pit stop strategy

Hey there,

today I had some time for testing and I'd like to share my results with you.

After getting used to the track (I know it from older F1 games, but have not driven there for ages), I did a test run with max. fuel to see how tire wear and lap times will develop. I put all down in an Excel sheet, smoothed it a bit, trying to reflect the potential of the car rather than my actual driving. Then I created two artifical races to see if the time lost due to exessive tire wear is enough to justify a second stop. Theoretically 1 stop seems to be the better choice, but practically I'm not so sure. After 30 min. tires are already crap (handling was like that too) and during the last laps I actually lost a lot more time than the figure shows. The crew chief complained all the time and tires had 20%-30% after 45 min.

I dont know if this finally helps or confuses more :).

The pit window was from lap 13 to 31.

Please remember, that tires and breaks are dead cold after the formation lap !!!

See you on track,
Nico

Attachments

• tire_wear_after_30min.jpg
    tire_wear_after_30min.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 219
  • PitStopStrategySheet.png
    PitStopStrategySheet.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 226
  • pit_strategy_xls.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 148
race one finished early when i slightly nudged what i think if i remeber was roy, sorry fella. he got away pretty clean from what i say but i spun in racing line and got hit again. lost the splitter. continued on from 20th after everyone had gone through and supprisingly the gumpert hold the road extemely well with out it decided to try one full lap before pitting to find i was only just over a second of my warmup pace so i decided to run it. pretty uneventfull tho rollling in around 17th i think in the end.

second race in the ccgt was much better, qualied in 9th (right side of grid for T1) but got a slow start and lost a few places. after first couple of laps there was a bunch of 4 cars fighting with each other a few seconds ahead, so i got in the groove and made headway to catch them. sat off and watched for a while only to see to my suprise that in the space of a couple of laps the preceded to take it in turns to spin out in last turn which left me a couple of seconds adrift of Chris, which was endless. got close enough to put the pressure on a couple of times to make a small error my self or the hairy micheal hernan moment :) but finally latched onwith 3 to go. pressured away and got my reward when chris missed his breaking point. 8th finish. not bad.

Race 1: For the Gumpert, qualified 15th with an ok'isch time, something 1:30.xyz. The start was ok, list a couple of pos because of guys starting quicker and gained a couple as I managed to avoid any carnage. In the beginning I had Michael behind me, was just waiting that he passed but seemed he had a little fight with his Gumpert :). But he came back with a couple of other guys and got me, when my Gumpert won the fight against me in lap 6. Met Michael gain (after some position exchanges with Jamie due to driving mistakes) in lap 14, this time he mamaged to pass quickly. Finished 15, not to be I think.

Race 2: Qualified second last (only because Bob did not put any laps in), with a 1:31.xyz. Not much to loose at start but much to gain, due to the carnage at the start line. Obviously some people underestimated the torque of the their cars. Had again my little fight with Jamie, which was not really close, but we exchanged positions a couple of time because the other one was making mistakes. If I remember correctly the only regular overtaking was done by him (must admit he was a little bit faster :) ), but anyway very nice, clean and fair racing. Finished 15th, which was last and even got lapped due to a mistake of myself.

For me it was definitively the Gumpert, also I think I was faster with the Koenigsegg. Just felt more comfortable in the Gumpert. But spend also more time with at to adjust the setup, so it was little bit more stable. And the driver needs more GT experience.

Thanks for organizing, I saw good racing tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back