RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Made it a single race event - well, my connection did ;) But still, the first race was very well worth it - after getting the (new) setup done for the Z4 yesterday, I tried to gain some more time in the practice sessions, but @Nelson Ullinskey, @Ralf Eiden and @Jonny McCarthy all were quite a few tenths faster.
However, I still managed to get into P4 in quals behind the pack of them.

I started fairly well into the race, keeping my position through the first turn and even gaining one when Nelson took a detour.
MSAbDtq.jpg

In the aftermath of a really close passage through T2, I lost two more positions to @Rafael Kajstura and @James Price-Harper - at least, I managed to get @Daniel Linder, who went by in T4, back behind me at the next turn.
Xb1Lfkd.jpg

Approaching the end of lap 1, James clipped the inside curb of the carousel - another position (re)gained!
rOi7g3t.jpg

Next up, I got to the rear bumper of Rafael and I had a feeling another hard fight was coming up - and indeed, it was - after a few laps of nice, close racing, I went past him, once more through T4
ggcVZXh.jpg

I build up a bit of a gap and getting closer to the end of the race, there was one more thing to do: Clipping the grass at T2 to give back 3rd position to whom it belonged to ;)
pntjWoO.jpg

After that, I got disconnected and missed race #2 - oh well, there's always next week, plus it's christmas event week! See you then! :)

I'm gonna admit, I rage-quited during race two. Aston Martin were the worst piece of crap I have ever driven.
Already in race one, I got furious, because I hate being forced to spend time fighting more with the car, than actually having fun in a race. At first, the car was just incredible, but after 2-3 laps, the car was just an uncontrollable piece of garbage. The only positive thing I can say about the car, were the speed, but the handling when tires stated to get worn out, just went out of the window. It was the last time that I will ever drive that car.

I also felt that I was in the way for the faster drivers, but the racer in me, wanted to keep on fighting.
I know I can do alot better, but sometimes you bite the bullet, and it was the first time, I raced with Aston,
so now I have at least some experience with it.

Had some good fights with some pf the drivers, but they eventually passed me.
There were also some paint trading going on, so that kept me awake!

Also, I want to apologize to @James Price-Harper. You may think I bumped on you on purpose, but I did not.
You were lagging very badly, for a few seconds.
While you were ahead with one second in front of me, you just went off-track, like you were bumped.
I were little uncertain what do in the case, because on my screen, you weren't even close when it happen.

I figured it would be a Z fest and so I picked a car I've not used much. Somehow it ended up a nice drive.

R1: went too well and I had to work hard to get to P9.
R2:I got a great launch off the line and did NOT like my position. Very quickly I picked a spot to move to a more appropriate place to rive the track in. Soon enough I spun and pitted for tires and repairs, back out to catch the finish.

Glad to see drivers picking from the range of cars. Nice to have some fresh drivers in the grid too, thanks for that and see you again soon!

Love the RDTV logo in the corner @Björn Golda !

A couple of... not sure how to describe the races really. It became clear on the first lap that the Gillett is very slow in a straight line compared to everything else, and I spent most of the time in 7th in both races, which seemed to be where my car's pace sat. From half distance onwards I struggles with the grip on the front left. it was bright red for most of the lap and lost all usefulness after 10 minutes. had to drop a gear in each right hander just to get around.

The car itself was fun to drive, and the track is good, and I had a few fun if brief battles with various people. @Daniel Linder I was behind you on the grid in race 1, and I could see as soon as the lights went out you were struggling! Your car was snaking everywhere! I don't blame you for eventually bailing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back