RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Which is fine, but might I suggest that we change the track on Fridays instead of Tuesdays?
That way those of us who are *ahem* less gifted will have a chance to learn the track at the somewhat sedate pace of the Minis, and then progress to faster cars.

You're raising an interesting point - however, I personally wouldn't like to see the week cycle broken. Alternatively, switching Mini's and touring cars might be an idea, but that might hurt signup numbers for both as Mini Fridays do hold a long tradition as such.
Maybe a semi-official training session (Mondays?) would work? A simple, casual event with all cars of the week, which might attract more people than the "random hopping on and off the server with no one else around" during the week.
We could set quals/race sessions at low intervals to get some feel for the real grip/action, as well.

Other opinions? Specifically those considering themselves slow, do you think this might help you? :)

PS: Also, don't forget you're entitled to a driving school lesson if you went premium - while we don't have fixed R07-specific dates for these, I'm sure we'd get something going if some of you guys are interested?

I just need g-force feedback in my backside and I'd be a LOT faster. ;)

I struggle because I can't 'feel' how much grip I have other than the occasional lightening of the wheel's FFB resistance, which does not seem to work as well in Race 07 lately as it used to.

I'll have to see if something has been lost in my settings since I had to delete my old config after that night when I kept crashing on joining the server.:geek:

You're raising an interesting point - however, I personally wouldn't like to see the week cycle broken. Alternatively, switching Mini's and touring cars might be an idea, but that might hurt signup numbers for both as Mini Fridays do hold a long tradition as such.

I think you've misunderstood me.
I'm not talking about moving the classes to other days, just the day where we switch tracks.
Example: The plan for this and next week is:
Tues: STCC Mugello
Thurs: Cats Mugello
Fri: Minis Mugello
Tues: WTCC Estoril
Thurs: GT Estoril
Fri: Minis Estoril.

What I am suggesting is:
Fri: Minis Estoril
Fri: Minis (whatever track comes next)

The point being that the more mildly tempoed ( :D ) of us would have a chance to first learn the track using Minis, then TCs, then possibly whatever Specials comes next.
A case in point being that last left-hander on Mugello, which I still think is a cast-iron bi....female dog. :)
It would've been easier to figure out how to get through it if I had started in Minis.
I don't for a second think I would've been faster, but it would've cut down on the amount of frustration.
But as I said, just a thought.
I'm fully aware that the Race Club has been around for a while and I have no wish to dislodge anyones schedules.

Cheers,
Lars

well, what can i say form this one?
didnt like the track (sorry to the ones o love it), and my self-made setup was something worst then ever.
Despite of that i was doing 4th at practice but then in qualify never got to my pace.
Becausa of that i started race carefull and without confidence, and lost one or two positions. Then, after a small fight with Dennis and Senior, i went to catch Daniel Linder, anda i was having sucess on that . It was my best period and most fun moment (getthering the Dennis and Senior laps too). Then an ufo came to my playground and took my head and body as i never understud the last turn anymore. Went for tire change at midle race and got a sot and go, Then stoped and go but still there. Then stoped and go, and still there again.
As i was so tired, and alone, me and ufo went to bed. Sorry to leave this way guys, but it was a ruff week and day.
See you at my country track: Estoril!

I had a truly awful race. I can't remember how many times I went off and pitted. Didn't see another car in any of the sessions apart from when I was being lapped. Definitely needed more practise beforehand however due to certain issues that was not possible...

Still, good fun and ill hopefully see you all on Thursday.

On the subject of changing the schedule could I suggest that every other week we switch the days for the touring cars and the specials? I don't know about anyone else but I'm always out on a Tuesday and I'd quite like to get a race in the TC. Just a thought though :)

Thanks for the race guys :)

Not very enjoyable race, I've started from P3 and have finished in P3.
Just first lap was more or less interesting, but after that it was lonely race..

Thanks for racing mates!

P.S. Lapped drivers were very respectful for leaders and made passes easy for them, despite they were very unpredictable, all over the track and off the track, but until You are far from them :D Thank You all ;)

What I am suggesting is:
Fri: Minis Estoril
Fri: Minis (whatever track comes next)

Heh, yep - actually understood that, that's what I meant by "breaking the week cycle", phrased that one suboptimal ;) Personally, having two tracks in what is one calendar week seems odd to me, but we could give it a go if people want to try it, I guess :)

All I can say is, stick around.
In just the two years that I've been running events we have had more than a couple of changes to the schedule. See if you can find them here! In the five years I've been racing here I can't tell you how many there have been :confused:

There are good reasons for the changes that have been mentioned here and good reasons for why the schedule is the way you see it now. I don't see anything cast in stone but for Mini Friday, that's been institutionalized :)

Personally I don't care what cars and tracks are set on which day.

But in a way it make sense maybe, starting out with slower cars, and then gradual increase to faster and so on. But on the other hand, how cool does Mini Tuesday or Mini Thursday sounds?

Exactly, not cool at all. Mini Friday is such an awesome name :thumbsup:

Btw, is there a reason why we don't also race on Monday and Wednesday? I think I missed that memo :sleep:

We haven't raced Mondays and Wednesdays since Adelaide back in MayApril - signups had dropped quite low the weeks before (multiple events with only 3-5 drivers), thus these two days were scrapped. Also, the R07 club was the only one doing races every day, anyway :)

@Daniel Linder , that memo went out at the end of April. Entries were dropping.
Mini Friday holds it' own against the other racing clubs in RD. On Tuesday and Thursdays we only have to compete with rfactor1/Historx and we seem able to do that.

I can answer any question about scheduling but it will only bring up another question.
Everyone has a schedule they want and cars to fill it.
In the last 3 months or so of racing we have had 68 drivers attend our races.
Of those only 10 showed up for about half of them.
The others just grab races when they can which is why we're here. Some just do it more often than others.
That means that no one will ever be satisfied but we'll work to get some changes made :coffee:

edit: sorry, it took me more than 30 mins to come up with the data for this post.

Circuito Estoril, legend !!! I'm in...
images

Fair enough, I'll stick around and we'll see what we'll see. :)
Not exactly a huge deal anyway, since nobody is keeping me from starting the weekly practices with Minis anyway.
It was just something that puzzled me.
Then again, I'm easily puzzled. :roflmao:

As for racing Mons/Weds that would be a bit much to my mind.
Five days of racing with practice needed for every one?
I do have a life, you know. . . .
Granted, not much of one, but I do have one. :D
Besides, from what I can understand the RC is very informal, so presumably there wouldn't be a problem with anyone posting a notice for an 'un-official' race with whatever tracks/cars they'd like.

@Dennis Phelan , you're right you can't please everybody all the time.
I've learned that from my flight-sim communities.
It is in fact pretty hard just pleasing some of them occasionally. :)

Cheers,
Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back