RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was fun, thanks guys. There were a few moments where I got hit though, tapped by people so they could pass me, which is pretty annoying. Hopefully it was a one off because of the nature of the track. See you again soon, Saturday in fact!

That was fun, thanks guys. There were a few moments where I got hit though, tapped by people so they could pass me, which is pretty annoying. Hopefully it was a one off because of the nature of the track. See you again soon, Saturday in fact!

I try and race every week in the Race 07 club, and from what I have seen what you speak of is a rarity. Tight track, and I heard someone had lag, so I highly doubt anyone was trying on purpose ;)

I stuck in quali session ,time ends and nothing happens, so sad :(

Oh my - you were disconnected pretty early into quals, so there's the explanation for that :( There's an easy solution though - join us on TeamSpeak and we'll tell you when your connection drops. If we notice, that is :D

As for the event, that was - once more - some fantastic fun. I ran a few laps yesterday and got a setup done that felt more comfortable than the front-tyre-friendly ones from Brno, Gothenburg and Sturup :D
Had a nice battle for P1 with Andreas and Daniel throughout the practice sessions and managed to get a good lap in during superpole. Andreas took his time, though, and once he got going, everyone watched - must've got him a bit nervous? With small offs in the last turn in both his out- and hotlap, pole position was mine :D

Started pretty good into race #1 and kept P1 till the end. Now, that sounds boring, huh? Alright then, I actually had some great racing with Arunas once again - during the first third of the race, he kinda dropped back a few seconds but I think my tyres were getting worn a bit earlier so back he was on my bumper. Very close, very entertaining, very stressful - but great fun :D
To be honest, a lap or two more and he would've got me :)
Unfortunately, in these very close last laps, Zeynel and Andrew were coming up for lapping mid-battle themselves and might not have noticed us. Though, leaving much of a gap to Andrew wasn't really an option. Going into T3, he slipped on the curbs and I was too close behind to avoid bumping into his rear. Slowing down that tiny bit made Arunas hit my bumper, which increased the effect on Andrew who spun further. Sorry about that.

Going into race #2 from P8, I survived some minor (I hope?) lag-induced action in T1 and went up to P5, this time behind Arunas. Passing Michel after two or three laps, we went on to hunt down Daniel (maybe) and Zeynel (unlikely, great pace :)). While I managed to hang on to our beloved "Volvo Guy", passing wasn't really an option. We did close the gap to Daniel, though, but it wasn't until the very last few laps - and passing him took some more work, though it worked out in the end - P3 and a shared P1 with Arunas for the entire event :)

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you around next time (GTC on Thursday? Just naming random examples.. ;))

Last edited:
I like this track. Even thou it has some technical parts, it's fast and has a nice flow.
Not much to say about the race. I had early issues with tyre wear (1st race at lap 8 and 2nd race at lap 11) and the rear end sometimes just lost grip for some reason. It lead to me losing speed at key points, and thx to that, I didin't had courage to push as much as I wanted.

Nevertheless, it was a fun event

That was great fun!
I'm out of words how this was so entertaining :) Great event!
I've started from P3 and was watching how unpredictable BMW's was, they were all over and caused some contacts :D
6059-1409087831-75506fef17737c3c993ef87f91afd113.jpg

Race1 was about hunting @Björn Golda , and I was nearly P1.. But just one time.. Couldn't make it, so I've finished in P2. Great battle :)
6060-1409087833-d5cbbd8e81dce08fc4b18d0db5af3f5c.jpg

R2 was another story, but with the same characters and finished similar :D
BMW's at the front and caused no contacts (I think) :)
6061-1409087835-17753954f3e8d5552d7024d4e6f2af8b.jpg

Fight for P3 with @Belet Michel @Björn Golda and @Nelson Ullinskey . Two laps, but a lot of action :)
6062-1409087837-42dfdba6925b393242689c8748a63fc4.jpg

@Daniel Linder was suffering from tires degradation in P2. So it was time to hunt him down :D
6063-1409087839-393e38171b3f7772de984cf25d03a7dc.jpg

Last lap. Last man to hunt down. But he survived - @Zeynel Babacan in P1 :)
6064-1409087841-375cf555ee011c66d76dec9f2be71389.jpg

See You next time!

It was a a day of "bad" for me, name it, poor choices, bad luck, not much worked in my favor today. I had reasonable speed but lacked the edge that I should have had at this familiar track.

After finding I had been running a default car instead of my highly tuned team vehicles I tried to get straightened out but I was behind the curve. My race engineer didn't give up and made some suggestions going into R1 but I had no chance to test them.

R1: All was good until I got to T1 and had to actually wait to get to T2 and then another delay at T3 was horrible as I watched one car and then another go by car. No contacts, just frustrating. In the hunt and a good fight with Krzysztof for a bit and then I put a wheel where it shouldn't have been and a fence took off my front clip, and messed up the suspension. Out of the pit just in time to get lapped and so it goes to the finish.

R2: An early off on the back straight put me waaay back and another fight with Krzysztof. All going well and then for the third time in the same part of the track I'm off to the infield and the fence. I slowly head to the pit to sit for the finish.

I think I'll keep my race engineer, his changes were good but I think my team manager has to go!

Thanks to all for the crowd!

Last edited:
Just an FYI. The issue with the rear tyre difference between practice and the race still remains.
The tyre wear is the same between the sessions, so it's not that. It's mightily loose on the rear compared though, rear brakes lock up in the race session where as they don't in practice.

Last edited:
Just an FYI. The issue with the rear tyre difference between practice and the race still remains.
The tyre wear is the same between the sessions, so it's not that. It's mightily loose on the rear compared though, rear brakes lock up in the race session where as they don't in practice.

the tyre wear wasn't the issue with the tyres, the issue was that they wear heating on a straight that had sudden elevation change, the tyre wear was just a modifications that i did so it would match a certain pit stop window. when i was testing for fixing the rear end issue not gripping as much as in race compare to the other sessions i always used the same base setup and i always tested it with a full tank of fuel so if you run the car with low fuel during practice, qualification and warm up and then run a full tank of fuel in race session thats normal that the car have a different feel. in all the testing i did i was able to acheive the same times during a race session as in practice 2 or qualification with a full tank of fuel in each session.

I can confirm the same issue @Yves Larose . I used a full tank in all three sessions and during the race session, there was a significant reduction in grip right from the get go. I was 1-2 seconds off my time in the previous sessions as a result. I know it takes a while for the track to heat up etc, but the grip loss felt more severe than that. The car would be undrivable after 6 laps, with rear tyre wear at about 80%. I mean completely undrivable. As in spontaneously spearing into walls and losing the back end on a quarter throttle as if i was driving on ice. The tyres had a much greater window of operation than that during practice.

It will definitely make for an interesting race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back