RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well not sure what happened I joined with about 6 or 7mins of qualify left and I filled the 25th position so lucky I thought, I started to do a few laps, when it went from Qual to race I dot a mini dump and back to DT? weird I noticed also there were on 22 on the server when this happened so it appears it dropped 2 others as well

That was short and sweet. Qualified 3rd in superpole - I was more comfortable with a heavy fuel load for some reason lol.

In the race I got a bad start (again) and lost places to Michael and Morgan. Then Timothy span me out in the corner going onto the back straight. He waited for me, but I lost quite a bit of time. I zoomed straight back past everybody to 3rd (straight line speed was awesome - must have had less wing maybe?), before closing on the leaders. I shifted UP instead of down into the complex a couple of laps later and span in the middle of the track. Just managed to get out of the way of Gary and Morgan, I think Gary had to go across the grass a little, sorry.

Then Gary and Morgan had a coming together and Timothy span across where I'd chosen to avoid him lol. I had very slight contact with Morgan, it didn't look like Gary's fault but he had sportingly waited for Morgan and I was back into 3rd. I was catching the leaders slowly (despite Gary distracting me and telling me off for cutting the first corner - if bouncing across grass at 150mph is cutting). Anyway I was 8-9 seconds behind the front two when the engine began smoking down the back straight on lap 18/19 (can't remember what lap I was just gunning it) and then it completely kaput-ed going into the final banked corner. Masssiiive plume of white smoke.

A shame because I've got my pitstops down to a tee now and was really in contention for a win on a really fun track in a lovely car. Turn 2 is awesome! Some really scary moments when you're following somebody at high speed though! :shock:

Thanks for organising this Yves and RD :bananalama:

Interesting mod that one.......

No qual (dont ask),got a good blast from the lights up the middle and settled in for T1 and alls good and going,great room and respect there from all near!,actually was getting used the very odd feeling Porsche with its weaving from side to side nature,sometimes it felt like i was just holding the wheel and the car was driving the track itself,even after pulling out a bit from Ryan on the exit of the turn onto the long back straight,he ended up blasting past with what looked like about 20mph extra! :o,fun chasing behind Morgan when we arrived at a freshly spun out Ryan just ahead..yiikes,i jinked to the right,just as Morgan done the same,luckily we survived unscratched.
a couple of laps later at the same bit chasing Morgan and he got a bit wobbyly on the way in and checked up a bit,i put out all anchors and desperately tried to avoid,but alas,its always that "tiny" tap...and round he goes,sorry for that Morgan.
Not long after Yves is chasing me hard and fast,a beautiful side by side run out of the final turn with me on the outside,i am more or less alongside Yves approaching T1,but i dont feel good to pass,i touch my button to look to the right and see Yves is actually just ahead on the fast line,so i decide to back out,but it must be too late for Yves and i see him going towards the wall as i go past,i slow up to let Yves back,but he was not slowed down as much as i pressumed and he nudged my back.......at that point i decided in the name of track safety to retire.
Sorry Yves and again to Morgan also.

Many Thanks for some moments of scary fun there guys!.

(despite Gary distracting me and telling me off for cutting the first corner - if bouncing across grass at 150mph is cutting).

I will tell you everytime i see 4 wheels off track cutting like that Ryan,and i really dont care if it distracts you m8,you were cutting T1 horrendously every lap until i mentioned it to you,feel free to make a movie if you want,i can assure you,you were the only one doing that,i fully accept you saying it wasnt meant,also when you tried to stop doing it and got it down to just 2 wheels illegal you often lost some time,so i would debate the fact you lost out with it.
If the ferrari was as weird steering feeling as the Porsche then ofcourse its acceptable the odd loose moment here and there,so no probs lad,and see you on tracks soon :).

The first corner with my viewpoint (nose) is absolutely blind - so as my tyres wear I have to take a different line. Once I had jumped over the grass twice I was able to figure out the correct line, as you could see (and was 4 tenths faster). The erratic lines weren't on purpose :p, I was risking spinning out in a biiig way.

The first corner with my viewpoint (nose) is absolutely blind - so as my tyres wear I have to take a different line. Once I had jumped over the grass twice I was able to figure out the correct line, as you could see (and was 4 tenths faster). The erratic lines weren't on purpose :p, I was risking spinning out in a biiig way.

Understood and accepted m8,i know how tricky it was there.

Got pole the first time, and I felt this is getting really good for me!

I was very careful, lowered the rpm limit for the race, and started with 25 laps of fuel! In the first lap Yves passed me on last corner, but then he made a mistake and I took back 1st! After that Michael was behind me! At lap 3 I felt really tired, and I feared I won't be able to hold p1, but I managed to do it, even if Michael catched me several times! Fortunately my car was faster in the long straight, and he wasn't able to pass me! Then after a few laps I managed to increase the distance, and after a few more I didn't see him in the mirrors. All was looking good, but then came lap 24, I got back to the long straight, and my fuel tank got empty... tried to get back to the pits but it was too far!

Anyways, it was really good to lead so many laps! Thanks for the race!:)

what a race

*qualy *
as expected i was of the pace but this time it was tactic :) i was running with racefuel
came on 4th with it cuz some ppl meesed up there superpole qualy

*race*
got a great start and came in turne 2 as 4th, following the 3 in front with a bit of distance, in lap 2 i think Yves lost his car in turne 2 now 3rd i got close up on Morgan
and got him in the last turne.
from then i was just chasing the leader (Péter) and in the esses i was way faster as he but on the strait he just out run me even coming under his wing out of the last turne befor you come to the backstrait, he gaint 0.3 0.4 on me
and in the esses there is no way to overtake if the guy infront not makes a mistake
so i tryed to stay as long as possible in touch and was hoping for a better pitstop
as i came out of the pits i was down to 3rd with a gab of 21 to morgan as i heard Péter saying he is out of fuel.
now on 2nd again i pulled the head down and gained near 1,8 secs a lap on Morgan
with 14 mins to go i was on his tail and got him into the last turne as he braked realy early there
from then i was just fighting to keep it on track and bring it home. after the race i noticed only yves and Eric was left on the server

Well, with everyone crashing and running out of fuel I ended taking 3rd (out of 3 left) :) Nothing really to brag about. I consitently ran 1:17s for an hour and finished one lap down to Michael who took the win. Good job Michael!!:good:

USA time zone event

usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Ledenon track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 07
Track: Ledenon 1.0 1.1 patch
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Qualification: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 3:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 3:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 10 laps​

Notes:

due to numerous pillup at T1 on lap1 in all racing club event i will ask everybody to be more cautious at T1. i will also remind you all the code of conduct of RD about contact.​

1. all contact must be avoided, if it happen the driver that have hit or you think it was your fault and caused the other to spin or to go off track must slow down safely and let the other driver regain his place. if it involve you loosing a few places by doing so consider that as your penality.​

2. when hitting someone an apology is in place, either by saying sorry by the way of quick chat or after the race in the chat.​

3. in chat RD will not tolerate not respecting a fellow driver and will kick the offended driver and might even get ban from the racing club.​

those rules are there so everybody can enjoy their racing experience in a clean, fair and friendly environment.​

happy racing Yves ( racing club staff )​

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose - BMW E90 [skin]
  2. Eric Kaczmarek - Seat Leon
  3. Ryan Callan - Honda Accord 07 *** [skin]
  4. Péter Bártfai - Honda Accord 2007 *** [skin]