RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

628037STCC_Camaro_flyer.jpg

Servername: racedepartment cam
Password: Click here

Class: Camaro
Track: Mid-Ohio ( no chicane )Click here
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT ( 15 Minutes superpole )
Race: 21:15 GMT ( 90 Minutes )​

Notes:

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.​

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of qualifying. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose *
  2. Wilfred vd Brink
  3. Neil Gault
  4. Jacek Kozlowski
  5. Marcel vd Aa *
  6. Karl Westman
  7. Gary Lennon
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Christopher Aponte**
  2. Marcin Wójcik
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
* PanAmerican Racing Camaro skinpack Click here
** RPM Camaro Skin: Click here Click here

I don't know Jarrod that is strange.

Struggling with no practice and a new track, and not finding a proper feel in the Alfa I qualified almost last.

race one, bad start but a turn 4 or 5 mix up bought me some spots. After a lap or so I made a mistake coming into the last turn and Ryan smashed me into a 720 spin with some horrible suspension damage. couldn't manage it for a finish after that.

Race 2, Misjudged Michael's braking point and hit him, really ruins my mood when i do that so instead of ruining the race for more folks I d
ecided to pull out. SORRY MICHAEL, really sorry M8. I hate it when I do that. :(

The qualifying went well for me, it was impossible for me to catch the 3 Hondas in front, but managed to do 4th!:)

In race1 I had a big mistake in lap 1, hit Marty (sorry again), then waited for him to recover! After that we progressed through the field to finish 4th and 5th, Marty in front.

In race2 I managed to get my best result, made a mistake in lap 4 (I think), and Gary passed me, but he also made a mistake in lap 7 so I took back 2nd, and finished there!

I had my best result overall too, 3rd place with 12 points!

This was a great race, thank you guys!

Now that helps make up for mondays early bath in the GTM event :D

Two enjoyable races at a blast of a track,after a very busy and intense start getting up to 2nd from the line,incident saw many retake me,but at the chicane i think i got all my lost places back? :D , it was a lonely hopless task of chasing Sai,getting ever further away......
Race2 from 7th was another goo getaway from the lights and tucked up against pitwall and through T1 all clear,such a tight bunch of close pack racers,the odd little knock up the back bumper entering the chicane slowed up my progress,but no big deals,as i said,super close pack racing!,its gonna happen :) ,settled in 2nd and pulled a nice gap but not making any decent inroads to catch Ryan who had an unhindered run away from pole,then i went too wide for too long entering T2 at the top of the hill and lost it in a very big way,i was sideways for awhile,and it really threatened to bite in and start flipping,then i was backwards still at high speed sure the next top would be the edge of barrier,but i missed it and slid backwards onto the track!!,very relieved not to collect those guys coming through!!(big phew),i had recovered in 5th and a lap later got 4th when Gaynall went off a bit at the chicane,despite a late surge to steal Yves 3rd place from him,4th was all i was getting,i was thankful for that after staring a big fireball DNF in the face :D.

Many Thanks Yves m8 and well done Sai and Ryan for wins,and thanks to all for some fun racing again :)

Quali - I finished up P2 just behind Sai and just ahead of Gary. 4th was 6 tenths off the top 3.

Race 1 - Bit of a nightmare really. Gary squeezed down the inside of me into Turn 1 at the start and then into turn 3 I nudged him the slightest amount, sending him into a slide. I slowed down to wait for him but he had stayed on track and I lost a lot of time slowing down too much lol. Serves me right :) . Then heading down into the tight double apex I had to take to the grass to avoid a slow SEAT and flew into the gravel pit, having no chance to brake :(. Quite a few other cars were in there aswell. A lap later I was gaining on Willi, who was all over the place lol, and into the last corner he pushed too hard, went sideways off the kerb and I was too close to be able to avoid him, spinning both him and me. I was now back in 11th and had some bad suspension damage. :(

I got past Willi a few corners later (was another hairy moment). My goal was now to get to 8th for Race 2. Yves gifted me 9th when he span his BMW in the tight diuble apex and Timothey gifted me 8th after running wide into the third to last corner. I plugged away, with Yves fairly close behind. I gained on Corey in 7th but not enough to be able to pass.

Race 2 - A lot simpler and a lot more successful. Starting from pole and with Gary and Sai 7th and 8th (on a hard track to pass) I knew if I could get a good start I would have a great chance of winning. I got a reasonable start and led from there on in. Just a challenge from Gary kept me honest (gap to him was 4.1 secs three laps in a row lol) until he made a mistake at the infamous Turn 2, gifted me a 7.6 second back to Peter, which I extended to win by just over 10 seconds.

Grats to Sai for the Race 1 win and for the overall points victory :)

Thanks to Yves and RD for arranging it :becky:

• Matt Alpeter

Race Report:

Quali was pretty good, managed to hit 6th (1:22:185) exactly 1sec behind Sai.

Race 1:
Had a quick start and ran up on Peter so fast I had to break, avoided two cars in the second right hander and ended up in 4th coming down to the hairpin. Hit my brake point (which is apparently earlier than Michael's..sorry) and avoided Peter and Marty. That put me in 2nd on the backstretch as Sai pulled away. Took the second right hander too quick and ended up in the grass which let Gary by. I stayed in 3rd for the rest of the race in cruise control mode, but noticed Marty catching up to me, so I put on the heat and probably would have caught up to Gary if I hadn't put stupid mode on so soon.

Race 2:
My computer crashed about 2 seconds after I crossed the finish line, so I don't remember much and the replay never saved. I do know that I had a pretty bad start and got left out of the "drafting train" so I fell pretty far back. Sai ended up behind me and knowing he was much faster, tried to let him by, but instead received a hit during the fast T2/T3 section and went off spinning. All I remember after that was that I was in the process of catching up to the field, and took forever to catch up to someone (Gaynall maybe?) who ran off into the dirt like I did in race 1. Tried to catch everyone else, but ran out of laps. Ended up in 7th maybe?

***If anyone would be so kind as to send me the replay, that'd be awesome!!

Thanks again to Yves and RD for a great race!

• Sai Yip

Race #1 : Great race1 for me running at the front with over 3 seconds on my very first lap. Kept running 4-5 laps of 1:21 consecutively and 1:22 for all the rest of the laps to end the race.

Race #2 : Had a really poor start starting from 8th position on the outside. With a BMW behind me on the inside role and Gary right infront of him. The 2 zoomed pass a few spots before T1 while I was stuck at the back. On turn 5 (The very tight uphill right hander) I had misjudged the brake point and 2 wheels went off and lost myself 2 places. See the bunch of cars getting away infront of me, I was desperate to chase them back.

At the time, Matt was right infront of me going into 2nd lap, but on the T2 exit when I tried to take the inside line, I had misjudged the distance between me and him and caught his rear bumper which had resulted him in a spin (Sorry Matt!). I fell back another couple seconds despite the time I've lost on lap 1 already.

2 more laps got by before I could chase down a pack of 5-6 cars. Marty was infront of me at that time with his chevy. I had a good exit on the corner going on to the back straight with Marty while I was in the inside position going into the next corner. Marty was sticking out half a car length going into the corner from the outside and sweeped right on to inside which is where I was. Mary went for a spin and I once again fell back a second or 2.

Another lap went by, and I caught up to the pack. Chasing right behind Corey going down T4 side by side. I tried my best to hold my line with my inner wheel running on the white line through the whole corner, we had hit on turn 5 and again 2 wheels went off.

Marty had passed me after I went off, I had eventually caught up on the lap after. It was like deja vu as we encountered the same situation again. Going into corner at the end of the back straight with me on the inside and him on the outside, but this time I got by without any contact.

Going into towards the end of the race. The closest man infront of me was Gary Lennon. I saw a few dents on his car and figure it might be damaged in some way. I was able to catch up to him and had a VERY CLOSE battle. We were inches apart from corners to corners but unfortuantely, i was not able to pass in the end and finished the race in 6th position.

It was one of the worst race I had in a while with quite a few incidents which could be avoidable, but in the end I had a very good fight with Gary to satisfy myself and crowned the overall winner of this event of my hometown track.

Once again I'm sorry for who I had incidents with and congrats Ryan for winning Race2.

• Matt Alpeter

No worries Sai, going into T2 I dropped to the inside and hit the brakes early assuming you would take the outside. You never showed up and I looked right, then when I looked back all I could see was your windshield and I screamed like a little girl lol. It happens man, it's all good!

Qualify P5 felt satisfied with effort.
Race 1
Got good start held position. After a couple cars in front of me got out of shape I moved into second prior to the tight right hand turns. On entry to the turn I was hit from behind by Peter and went off course re-entering in 5th and then went by Peter who waited on me after the incident. Put in good consistent laps the rest of the race to finish in 4th. Good sportsmanship by Peter to wait on me. Fun race!
Race-2
Made a slower start than race 1 but held position on 1st lap around 5th I think. Got into an incident with Sai as we were in a drag race on the long back stretch. On entry into the turn I clearly had position by 3/4 of car and followed a natural line into the the fast sweeping r/hander when I was pushed sideways by Sai and sent off course.
Sai you made it sound like I moved in on your line, but I had position and held an even line. You chose not to lift and pushed me out from behind. Then you continued ahead. You would have gotten by eventually because you are very fast on this track, but maybe a little to aggressive. I did watch the replay prior to writing this. Sorry Tim for the contact as I re-entered the course after the incident. Had allot of fun with some very tight and technical racing. Thanks again Yves for another great event. Marty :yo:​

• Chris Rodgers

Name in game: Chris Rodgers
Your Country: New Zealand
Control: MOMO
Car: Seat

About time I made another appearance...stupid real life distractions :p

Haven't actually confirmed that Evo is back up and running yet, but still have plenty of time to sort it if not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back