RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Had a great time tonight, been away from the Race 07 for a while and took about 10 laps or so to find my feet in practice.

Had a good fight in quali for Pole and managed to win race one thanks to the battle behind.

Race 2 was a really good clean fight between Marian Guus and myself for the race lead, if anything I think Marian was the quicker of the 3 at this stage in the race, however a slight mistake left it between me and Guus. Spent the last 8 or 9 laps swapping places for the lead in one of the best and cleanest races I have had for a long time. Also, hats off for you move around the outside of me in the very fast chicane, Awesome move!

Will definitely be back for more next week, might give the Volvo a go!

Thanks RD and all drivers

We don't say PIT IN and PIT OUT as it doesn't help anyone. You ought to see if there is someone on the track when you are leaving pits. Map is helpful. :geek:

I Always Look Before Leaving The Pits :sneaky:( This Isn't My 1st Time Racing Online;) ) , The "Pit In " , "Pit Out " Is A Courtesy To Other Drivers On Track.

It's Pretty Much Standard Racing Protocol As Far As im Concered, Although I Am Used To PIt Stop Races, But I Cant Really See An Issue.

Next week is MAX, very different to drive, but still a lot of fun.
The event will be posted tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to have to report myself for non attendance. While I was waiting for race 1 to finish after crashing out, my PC shut it self down. Took me ages to get it back up again, sol no idea what caused it. In the end I had to reset the bios. I'll look further tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good enough time tonight, I hope to see you at the next event

I Always Look Before Leaving The Pits :sneaky:( This Isn't My 1st Time Racing Online;) ) , The "Pit In " , "Pit Out " Is A Courtesy To Other Drivers On Track.

It's Pretty Much Standard Racing Protocol As Far As im Concered, Although I Am Used To PIt Stop Races, But I Cant Really See An Issue.

Firstly, very warm welcome to RD, :)

I think the reason in RD people done do PIT IN, PIT OUT calls is because some find the chat bars distracting when out on track doing hot laps, and as long as we all use mirrors and track maps correctly there shouldn;t be any issue when leaving the pit lane. As in real life everyone should be able to safely negotiate entering the track and feeding into traffic while giving priority to cars on circuit.

No one will be upset with you for doing to in practice, but some prefer to just get on with it with as little distractions as possible.

Firstly, very warm welcome to RD, :)

I think the reason in RD people done do PIT IN, PIT OUT calls is because some find the chat bars distracting when out on track doing hot laps, and as long as we all use mirrors and track maps correctly there shouldn;t be any issue when leaving the pit lane. As in real life everyone should be able to safely negotiate entering the track and feeding into traffic while giving priority to cars on circuit.

No one will be upset with you for doing to in practice, but some prefer to just get on with it with as little distractions as possible.

Thanks Jimi, Thats a Fair Point, Apologies If i Distracted Anyone, It Wasnt My Intention, Only Trying To Be Helpfull, Like I Said, My 1st Race Here..

And Its Pretty Much Standard Where I normally Race, I Will Adapt...;)

Regards

john

The problem is you never know how fast the guy behind you is when you are exiting pits and looking into map. I remember my first races when I thought I would make it, but they catched me very fast after just two corners or so. :D Now I just wait for guys to let them pass and make some gap or if I think I'm fast enough and see someone at the start of the finish line I go for it. :thumbsup: It's never ideal and like in real world, hard to manage in qualification with 25 people. Sometimes, it's pure miracle that we can make it in such heavy traffic. :laugh:

ýes, i've done it during practice too, i don't know why it worked in the pits and it didn't worked on the grid

You can start your car in garage or pitbox but not elsewhere. It is to simulate pitcrew, they can start the car when they are close. I got quick anti-stall in the stick shift, just need to extend my left middle finger to push the gears to neutral, without it simple spin can stop the engine and thus the whole race in the first corner... Ignition i mapped to keyboard "I" and starter in the wheel (old habit, useful with tinroofers that have their own starter good with F1 too, that way i have both hands on the wheel full 8 seconds before i'm released from pits. With tinroofers and regular pitlimiter rules it's a one hand job but in PrestoGP we are accelerating like it's start all over again, both hands on the wheel.

Plus real time telemetry shows if the ignition circuit is "On", that's real helpful, there's no indicator on the screen for that. Combined with 2-3 second delay when starting, you can switch the ignition on and off by accident.

qualifying - pole position with a 1.09.5, the 20 mins session made it easier to get the times down, if it was a normal presto superpole id have been second to sean so need some work to put in that one superpole lap.

race - 1st place.

started quite well but sean started better, he got the inside at turn 1 and held onto it from there, i pressured him for the next couple of corners to try force him into a mistake while tyres were still cold and fuel high, it didnt work and he kept 1st through the first sector, from there i just settled into a rythum of trying to stay as close as possible so as to be able to capitalise on any mistakes sean made, around lap 7-8 we came across a car who was rather slow, sean struggled to get past him even though he was alot faster, this continued for quite a few corners until sean mustve suffered a loss of downforce going up hill into the chicane his rear end went and he spun, i was past quick and took the lead, now it was my turn to try pass the backmarker, it was a struggle for me too, i was so close behind him and ended up having to go around the outside of the last turn to get past, this allowed sean to catch up but then he had to pit and i noticed he went grey with dnf next to his name so i just cruised to the end, came in over 30 seconds away from 2nd place.

good race all, but please use mirrors when theres someone right behind you, i feel the real race could be decided by the lapping process.

Grats to guys who finished and David for the win :thumbsup:
I got caught out with the stop n go's aswell :) i went tight t1 when lapping and got the stop and also got 1 for to fast into pits, im used to full speed with these :giggle: so i gave up being so far behind.
Next Time maybe flags off for problem tracks or just a tracks that works with them would be good idea, the track was ok with my normal racing line though just because i went extra tight there when lapping i got caught out.

cyas on Spa and some on weds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Trophies