RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fun while it lasted...

Not a huge fan of Brands, and was struggling for pace, but thought it'd be good practice for the RDTCC next weekend (even if it's a different class of car/diferent weather/enduro race)...

Decided to go for something different and try a 2 stopper as I'm always tough on my tyres so thought it'd at least make it interesting.

Started 13th, got up to 7th quite early on, partially down to my lighter fuel load and partially down to being really on it but even before I pitted I knew I'd made a mistake. Car felt really good but I was out of fuel so had to pit. Came out 2nd from last and started putting in some hot laps, then got too wide through one of the fast middle-sector corners and ended up sliding downhill on my roof. Saw Jamie was coming to lap me so esc'd to pits in case I ended up coming out in the middle of the track!

Would have been interesting to see where I'd have ended up because I was lapping about a second faster than the guys I'd been just ahead of before the pits, so I may have been on for a top 8...oh well!

Good race. Started 9th, lost a place on 1st lap down the back straight. Stayed on 10th till lap 11, went wide on the exit of surtees, clipped the siding and ended up on my roof. Rejoined in 15th. Pitted lap 28 in 5th, came out of pit in 11th. Finished in 8th. Had a good few battles along the way.
Thanks everyone. :D

what a race :eek:
For about 64 minutes ! I was never more than 2 seconds behind Joao I think and then 3 minutes to go Im 0.4 sec behind him he makes a little mistake in T1 and I take P3.
Great race Joao I was putting pressure on you for 60 minutes but no opportunity for an overtake
Anything was possible, today Im the lucky one

i started at 20th, during the first laps i was able to keep up with the pack, but eventually i fell behind. after a while the car in front of me had a decent gap to me and i wasn't being able to catch him, but he pitted and i was able to gain a position. the race went well until lap 25 (i think), i was going to be passed by two faster cars and i tried to make it easier by widening the trajectory, but my left wheels were on the grass and i couldn't brake properly and at the turned i tapped Perusini's back end (sorry :() , after that i decided to pit in order to have fresher tyres. After i pitted i was able to mantain my position because i had a gap of about a lap in front of the car behind me, durin the rest of the race i was able to gain some positions due to other players pitting and making mistakes, at the end i was able to finish 13th.

I'm sorry for having used the quickchat during the race, i accidentaly touched the button for quickchat
i hope i didn't make it to hard for the guys lapping me, if i did it wasn't intencional

Was a fun event on tuesday, only just joined before quali so I had limited running, and I was concerntrating on getting my house mate Olly Chadwick settled in to the game. Not only was it his first RD race but it was his first EVER race 07 race! Not the easiest car for your first run!
Anyway, I was so concerned with getting him on the grid and informing him of what to do I forgot to select 1st gear at the start of Race 1, which resulted in the fright of my life as nearly the whole field shot passed my while i was sat at a stand still! What a toilet!

Ended up winning both races, but was hard pushed for both of them!

Q: Pole,
Race 1: 1st
Race 2: 1st,

Cant do next week as Uni work is really taking over my life now and any free time i get must go towards RDTCC preparation.

See you all soon!

Qualifying: P1
Race: P1

I can count all the races I have done with pit stops in them on two hands, so I wasn't too confident on how I would approach it (I don't know about pit stop strategies and tactics). So I was apprehensive to say the last!

Qualifying went well, did a good lap early on but Pau and Daniel put in some quick laps in the end of the session to make the timings very tight.

In the race I managed to get a good start and kept my lead and from then on I just got my head down and got into a rhythm, I was managing to slowly get away from Daniel in P2 and was about 7 secs ahead when on lap 11 unfortunately, Dingle Dell got him and he crashed and retired. So from then the win was pretty much certain, as Pau was about 15secs behind.

My tyres lasted very well right up until I had to pit on lap 25 for fuel, but here is where I made my mistake: I thought by just changing the 2 fronts and keeping the 2 rears on, I would do a quick pitstop and be able to manage the worn rears until the finish... WRONG!

I managed to get out ok and was 34 seconds ahead once out, but then I realised how bad the car became once I put super fresh tyres on the front, with old rears on the back - it was like driving a BMW! The amount of counter steer I had to use on the fast corners was crazy, it was scary, but LOTS of fun! However, I was 1.5 sec a lap slower than I was with 4 old tyres on BEFORE I pitted! So that enabled Pau to cut the gap down from 34 secs to 22 secs in the last 24 laps but by then, the race had finished.

Anyway, its great to be back racing here again, and my first club pole, fastest lap and win. Thankyou guys for making me feel welcome and I hope to see you guys on the track again soon!

-Jamie.

Well, I did at least a decent qual (7th) but the pace in race was alot different always struggling to not lose the rear of my car:mad: never felt confident with my setup,because of that I was driving with caution for not ruin anyone race,had very fun driving near Perusini and we swap some times of places:)very fair and good driving from him, I´ve made some mistakes in race and in the amount of fuel (doubt about the total fuel) for 2nd half of the race,forgot to click in the key to confirm fuel when I was in the pits:confused: my pit time was a total mess:oops:,I´m a newbie in this kind of races to resume my mistakes in race and pits...
Almost at the end of the race I´ve lost completely the rear of my car at T1 and went straight at the back of the car that was in front of me,Sorry Ariciuc Razvan for the hit...
Hope to see you all again in next events!
Cheers!

first of all, grats to Jamie! he deserved that win clearly, dani was the only one who could have stopped him, but he crashed with the devil corner, i was about 15 seconds behind Jamie, and i knew i wouldnt be able to catch him, but i would have tried, but again, pit was horrible, it took like 5 or 10 seconds to find what key i had to press to confirm settings ....was L i hope ill remember forever now lol
: )
so when i left, his advantadge had increased to 30 seconds,and i was able to cut some of this huge distance cause he didnt change all four wheels and as he said, he was driving a bmw wtcc mini e-30
as is my second or third race finished , with pits and all here in racedeparment....im quite happy, but....with fast guys like jamie or dani.... should improove my pace...and learn to do a descent setup for my driving....i tried Dani's but, i was much slower
so grats to winner Jamie and to all who finished without, its always a pleasure share track with clean fast guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%