RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1: Started mid pack, but got shunted into the sand. You went a bit kamikaze on that corner, but thanks for waiting. Slowly worked my way from the rear back to the middle of the field, and ended up circulating by myself. The gap to Michael H in front of me was coming down steadily - I guess he had tire problems. Lucky for me, he ended up in the sand on the last lap, giving me one more spot.

Sorry about the tap in the race, Rafael.

Race 2: what a blast. I had a solid start, gifted away 3 places when I missed my braking point and ended up in the sand, but eventually settled down between Michael H and Neil G for the at least the last half of the race. It was a great chase with Michael - I was faster than him on some corners and he was faster than me on some - I think I was a bit faster overall (but not by much), but just couldn't get past. When I was held up by Michael, Neil came and joined the party. It was great, close racing. Sorry about the tap on the last corner Michael - I had a good exit speed but no room - I slowed a bit after I hit you... I wasn't going to pinch the spot like that :)

Race 2 was one of the best RD races I've had :)

Had some good races

Race 1

qualified 2nd got a okay start and Karol kept the lead but he went straight on into the gravel trap, from then on I took the lead and kept the lead until I crossed the finished line :D

Race 2

Started 8th got a good start ended up behind Michael I think, Followed him around for about two laps I managed to get past him and Karol I passed Karol around the outside here's a video of it
[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3ONgbzbsZrs[/media]

Ended up finishing 4th

Grats to Karol he managed to win the event by 1 point

Sorry to have to leave this event, I was having so much fun.

I love LeMans and the GTR-Evo cars suit it very well, the Gumpert was amazingly driveable through the twisties with 1/3 wings and I managed to get it into the 33s during quali to put me into 5th, but I was going for 2 stops to maybe conserve energy with the wee rests they would give so I was only running with 100ltrs in race trim and I knew most would go for full tanks and 1 stop, had some really good laps with Neil and Gary but my old,:censored: knackered body gave out :frusty: mainly because of the way the car was danceing down the Mulsannes doing 202/3mph in the draft which meant I couldn't use it to rest because the wheel needed a firm hand and eventually I could barely hold onto it, maybe I should turn FF down a bit before I try again, hehe :madgrin:

Sam

The server is up guys, we're trying the Forced Pitstops in the server for the first time tomorrow, can a few people who don't have the STCC check they can start the race session, just vote the server round and check nothing unusual happens.
Remember to vote the server back round afterwards :)

wow what was that a awsome race
one of the few who run a downforce setup with wings 2/6 i testet the days befor and with 1/5 and lesser rear wing i could barly keep the audi on track in the posche complex
wih my wing setting of 2/6 i was verry compfortable there but it left me allone with on the strait with 295 k/mh
in draft wich i got only twice in the whole race i could manage 304 befor i was falling slowly out of the draft
so knowing i will be banta fodder on the strait i filled in 160 L of fuel for a 1 stopper
cuz tyers where not a prob at all they would have probaly least for 1 1/2 h
starting from the middel of the grid i lost plenty spots till we entered the strait
from then i was a uneventfull race for me i only could gain spots from errors other did
still with 160 l of fuel i had to take it easy to make it least 1h and i was bound to a rev limit of 7.500 for the last 20 mins of the stind except the strait where i had to floor it cuz of the low topspeed
in the middel of the first stind i came close to olaf who spun his lister after the strait and for a few laps i even made it past him till he found back concentration anf left me in the dust
a other error from olaf allowed me to come again close to him and take advantage on him and i could install quit a good gab, now not 1h hower is done i had to pit made it in with 2.3 L left and filled up again 160L and was thinking about to skip frontweel change and only take rear weels cuz i already was loosing traction on the strait but deciden to take both front and rear new
i came out right behind olaf till the porsche complex where he just run strait on the grass *picking flowers for your girlfriend is a bad idear while racing :p*
anyways i was not for long in front a few laps later i spun it in turne 2 and olaf was gone
now realy allone i payed notice to the gab i had to the guy behind me i think it was Lee and his broken Koenigsegg and he started just to close up as i was in need to lower my speed cuz of the 7.500 rev limit, at the last lap i entered porsche complex and was wondering why the hell the race is not over and startet sweating cuz i would have to splash and dash if i had to run 1 more lap with lee close behind i might saw him already in the mirrors on the strait as a little point i would loose my 5th spot

a big sorry to Yves for the big moment i deliverd with locking my rear weels while braking for arnage(not sure if speeld right) lucky me dident hit anyone i atleast did not notice it

what a great race only downfall was from 21 starters only 9 made it to the finish

Sam i know what you meant i will never be again do a 2h race with ffb power to 150%
man i tell you my wrists tryed to kill me the last 20 mins of the race the pain was that strong
i not even noticed my ass who was hurt not much less

thanks Gary for that great event
well don to all finishers and thanks to RD for hosting

whats next 2h of Rouen or 2h of Mosport ?? *evilsmile*

Had Great fun tonight. Race 1 started 11th made made a few places and lost a few finishind about 10th. race 2 got decent start from10th moved up to 6th at one point and raced pretty consistant but lost a couple places back to 8th at end. Got close to top 5 at end when the incident Warren talked about happened on last lap. Good clean racing, lots of fun. Thx Marty

Very sorry I missed it, ended up working driving to Milford Sound and didn't get home till 11.45pm after 13 hours ... A real bugger as I picked the track and the cars for this one!!!

Looking forward to the next season!!!

Wheelying the Koenigsegg at ~320km/h

Here are some screen shots I created during "testing" the other day ... thought you might like them :thumb:
(description: end of Mulsanne over the yump at ~318-319km/h ... and foot still pinned flat to the boards :wink:)

[media]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/damnit72/RD/KoenigWheelie1.jpg[/media][media]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/damnit72/RD/KoenigWheelie2.jpg[/media]

Here are some screen shots I created during "testing" the other day ... thought you might like them :thumb:

Works better with the road one though :p

Attachments

• capture_2008-10-01_20-34-45.jpg
    capture_2008-10-01_20-34-45.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling