RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am so pissed at my ISP. I was looking really forward to this event all week. Drove home especially to race this tonight. Starting the pc and the internet was totally bugged. Ive tried racing during practice of group 2 but when the sessions changed i got frozen up and couldnt re-enter the server. What a shame :censored:

Chuck Norris never has this kind of ISP problems for sure... because Chuck Norris kills problems

Server1

Congratulations for podiums Gary and Neil:clap2:
Using the Gumpert could I take pole with an 3.32.2xx,
Old Team FO SS together again at front row of the grid, very nice Neil m8:clap2:

I love LeMans, Its my absolute favourit of circuits.
using 1/1 in wings. but it only gaved 317 km/h as highest speed,
For the race had I 1/3 in wings, Did an good start and could open up a gap to Neil before we went out on Mulsanne, arghhh so slow I felt when Neil catched me up and passed, then he made an mistace and had two wheels outside track just before the corner, so I was just ahead when started to brake, in my mirror I also can se an optimistic Lister driver who start brake atleast 50 metres to late, so I had to wait before I turned in, just so he could go on my inside into the barriers:nono::) Then after first time at Mulsanne could I pulled up an gap enough to not get slipstreamed anymore this night, I just pushed all I had until the scheduled stop at 17th lap, had started with 160 litres and now did I need 138 for the remaining laps, but I forgot about the difference compared to GTR2, so I filled it up to 160 again, Had an gap of 1 minute down to Gary now, So I started practise to drive smooth, and damn so hard that is, Had two severe mistaces where race could have ended.
All I passed made an top job, Thank for that guys:wave:
Hope to c ya soon on track again:)

Name on RD forum: Cam Wedgwood
Name in game:Cam Wedgwood
Your Country:AUS
Control:A1
Car:BMW
Special remarks: I have spent the entire weekend learning how to diagnose and then replace a dying harddrive... Let's hope I am race ready and won't have the same probs as last race.

Server 1

It was a very nice enjoyable event that left me shattered especially after the 80 minutes of mini mayhem the night before, but the smell of deep heat and the long straights where i could grab my brandy flask kept me going :dance:

It was nice to get a front row spot alongside my Team Swesco team mate as it has been a while since we raced together so it was going to be a good night whatever. Tried hard to match his pole time but the Saleen just does not ride the curbs as well as some other cars so the last section i bottled it to often but was still very happy with a PB of 3:33.558.

Started with a low wing setting of 1 front 2 rear so i knew i was going to be quick on the straight and this was so when i got into the slipstream of Rickard on lap 1 but i had let him get too far in front and by the time i got in front the corner came too quick and Rickard was behind me but in my blind spot so rather than clip his nose and knock us both out i took the corner wide but just too wide for the speed i was carrying and clipped the grass loosing the spot i had just taken. All this time Yves had been getting sucked along faster than he had ever been before and he left it just a bit too late for the speed he was carrying and outbraked himself into the run off.

Rickard had the last section nailed and made up 1.5 seconds on me there every lap so i could only watch him get further and further in front and i had to settle for a nice scrap with Sam and it was funny to see him getting sucked along on the straights only to slow down and fall behind when he tried to pull out and pass :wave: but him and Gary both got past when the Saleen and myself met our match when i spun after bouncing off a curb later on :embarassed:.

Second stint went much the same was catching Gary some 2 secs a lap at times but kept making mistakes one of which i nearly rammed him off the road when he was slower in a corner than i expected him to be so i spun again trying to avoiding him, managed to get the gap closed down again but lost a lot of time when a back marker trying to do the right thing slowed right down so i had to do the same and as the race went on and the tyres got worn i found myself struggling to close the gap and had to settle for 3rd.

But a very nice race and thanks to all who raced and congrats to all who finished :clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Chris Rodgers

Cheers guys, that was fun :)

Haven't driven the '87s before, but I know the track almost too well, so I'll take a 6th in the first race gladly. Gotta learn how to get these things off the line though - bogged down both times and lost at least 5 places each time ... well done everyone for avoiding me!

Had some intermittent stuttering in race 2 - quite hard to corner when your screen freezes for a dozen or so frames unexpectedly :O Eventually that caused me to stuff it into a tire wall while running 7th (but about to be reeled in by a faster alfa) around lap 8ish. Can't complain though, was good to play Evo again after having barely touched it since I bought it...looking forward to more next week :)

Thank you guys for a nice and clean race.

Qualy went rather well, took 7th place (not sure could be 6th also).

Race1
Had a great start, managed to get third place around the second corner.
But then i got hit in the rear by Karoly, guess he had some problems because he said he was racing alone.
Did miss my breakingpoint though, and third place.
The rest of the race i was cruizin' with Warren ever present in my mirror.
Finished 4th. :peace:

Race 2
Was a little bit worse than race 1, spun out somewhere and was 15th.
After a few laps people started dropping out and finished 12th.

Was a great event, hope there will be another WTCC87 event soon.

Thnx to Cam & RD for setting it up

Another great event with these wonderful WTCC 87 cars. I just love driving this little BMW E30.

Qualy was looking normal with me sitting most of the time around P8 until I decided to reduce the fuel and go for one last push. Wow, made a PB of 1.52.1 for P3. :D

Race 1: Did my usual and bogged it down at the start and immediately watched about 8 cars go flying past. Thanks to a couple of spins in front, I worked up tp P5 and spent the main part of the race stuck nicely between Marcel in front and Chris behind. Last lap Marcel started sliding a bit and the three of us ended up very close. Finished P5 and happy.

Race 2: This time I got the start right and jumped tp P3 and held that for a few laps but then Karoly and Ben rounded me up as I made some small mistakes. Last couple of laps were very intense as Michael S was trying to find a way past. It was great stuff but unfortunately, last lap Michael S tapped me and I spun off. He did the right thing and waited to let me regain my place (thanks Michael), but it nearly resulted in him losing another spot as the field closed on us. Very happy with another P5 though.

Thanks to all who raced, another good turnout, and special thanks to Cam for organising these events. I like all the variety we are getting, very interesting. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes