RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Woohoo, finally finshed an event after not finishing the last two or three.

Qualy was terrible, i was 8th after the session ended, so i didn't have much hope for a good race.

Race 1 went well, after two laps i was 5th and not far behind the numbers 3 and 4. They started to really race each other and i have to say i was sittng at the front row.
Great show Dave & Gaynall, but as you might expect things got hairy and i was able to pass both of them when they went off together.
Dave was quickly on my tail with Gaynall not far behind.
I managed to keep them off for a while but as my tires were getting worse and worse i had to let them pass. But somehow they went off again and i was able to pass them and take 3rd place at the finish.

Race 2 was rather similar, i just was able to keep out of any trouble and soon i was on Warren tail where i remained until i noticed that his tyres were more gone than mine so i decided to wait until he made a mistake.
Which he did, he braked too late for the first corner i believe and i could pass him.
That gave me 2nd place.
Suddenly i could see Yves passing Warren too and he was pushing hard and gained quickly was luckily for me he spun in the second to last corner.

Overall Warren, Yves and me had the same amount of points which i never expected.
Great driving all you guys and i hope to see you next time.
Thanks to Yves and RD for setting it up.

qualif : i did third place with my personally best but the car was really hard to push and to keep on track.

race 1 : had my usual bemmer start and was in the lead at turn 1, from there the gab with Warren was between 1 and 2 seconds, depend who wasn't doing a ;ittle mistake :rolleyes: but i was able to keep it all together and finish first place :first:

race 2 : i was starting last and even before the start Marcel told me to pass left of him, tho i would have prefered right :pound:was fourth at turn 1 but got a little tap from behind which spun me, Gaynall you didn't have to let me pass from my replay its the vauxhall that tapped me ( sorry don't remember who it was ), shame on you bad vauxhall :pound: just kidding its a race incident. from there started to make my way back up and got surprise at turn 3 when i saw all the cars everywhere which gave me 3 place ( i think ). then i made a mistake and spun so again i was back in chase mode, caught up with Warren ( third ) and Marcel (second ) and at one point Warren made a mistake and i got passed him, he had a badly damaged car. from there i started pushing and caught up with Marcel 3/4 in the last lap and pushed too hard and spun again. finished fourth i think gave me third overall.

nice racing guy's lots of fun :thumb: see you sunday

That was fun, but it was nerve wracking, because I was testing my laptop to see if it would allow me to race. (the new PC is still in the repair shop :mad: )
The good news was that, despite a disconnect during the early practice session, it held up after that and allowed me to complete both races, even if it looked pretty shabby and laggy.

Qualy went extremely well. After putting in a nice lap of 2.05.2, I went all out and reduced the fuel to 2 laps, and went for a "hail mary" lap, and nailed it perfectly, resulting in a 2.04.6 and pole. I get very few of those.

Race 1. Great race with Yves. As usual Yves blasted me off the start (these BMW's are almost unfair off the line) and jumped to an immediate 1.5 sec lead. From then on I followed his tail for 10 laps, I could gain ever so slightly if I really pushed to the limit, but each time I'd make a tiny mistake, so I decided to just hang on to him and hope he made a mistake. He didn't, so I had to be content with second.

Race 2. Full of incidents and drama unfortunately. I managed to get through the mess at turn 1, and slotted into P3, but with Peter hot on my tail. In lap 2 I made a small mistake and Peter slipped through. Lap 3, Dave went wide, letting Peter and I squeeze past, but as we approached the tight right hander, William seemed to have slowed very early on the right hand side. Peter ducked inside him, and William pulled back into the correct driving line in front of me (no problem though). As I was braking hard, I had a huge lag, locked the brakes and noticed that I had tapped William, but Peter was spinning also. Not sure what happened, but on my replay, it shows William tapping Peter first, then I tapped William. I then hit Peter's Chevy hard when he spun across the track. I am really sorry if I caused this but it didn't look that way on my replay.
The end result of the hit on Peter was a damaged car for me, the steering and suspension was out of allignment. I was now in P2 but the car felt horrible. On lap 7, the tail let go and I slammed into the wall and removed my splitter, and was advised by my friendly pitboss that I had a long list of damage ( I was well of this without his advice :frown: ). Now the car was very sad to drive and Marcel was all over me. I was considering just pulling over and letting him through, but thought "no he would want to earn the pass, which would surely come anyway", so I held him at bay as best I could. I eventually made the expected mistake on the last lap, Marcel and Yves went past, but a few turns later Yves went off track (why didn't you make that mistake in Race 1 ?? :p ) letting me limp home in P3.

Good racing on an Aussie track, a slowly improving grid number for these USA events, and some good fun. Thanks everyone. :thumb:

USA Time zone event

Please take note that this is a GTR-EVO event

5676d1222917616-racing-night-flyers-fixed-formats-gtr-evo-flyer-jpg

Welcome USA time some event.​

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.​

For this event, we will use the WTCC06 on Ti Aida 05 track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: GTR-EVO
Date: Sunday October 19th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: WTCC 06
Skins: custom skin allowed
Circuit: Ti Aida 05 (click here)​

Password: click here

Event schedule ( GMT time )
Practice: 9:00 PM EST, 30 minutes ( Monday 1:00 GMT )
Qualifying: 9:30 PM EST, 30 minutes ( Monday 1:30 GMT )
Race: 10:00 PM EST, 1 hour ( Monday 2:00 GMT )
Laps: 1 hour

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car :

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Eric Kaczmarek - Peugeot 407
2. Yves Larose - BMW E46 [skin]
3. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon
4. Luis Carlos - Seat Leon
5. Warren Dawes - Peugeot 407 [skin]
6. William yunck - Seat Toledo Cupra [skin]
7. Morgan Sowerby - Alfa
8. Rafael Barbosa - Honda

Reserve

1. Chris Vick - Seat Leon

• Andrew Evans

now then... i made a little promo vid for this event... enjoy :)

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uJd1Ur2DymY[/media]

-Sir, I'm pitting my Lola for this event and take the Radical 252 instead!

Edit: lol That promo vid is hillarious! Especially the last car :pound:

Edit2: Gee, I can't even keep track of two thoughts at the same time.. I forgot to say I might not be there at the very start. There's a meeting at my son's school which I need to go to. Or I'll have a full hour between meeting and race. But as I don't want to reveal my poor ability regarding time zone conversions, I just toss in an insurance like this.. :rolleyes:

Class video Andrew ... makes me even more nervous now :shocked:

@Hansi - a wise move methinks.

(you've also started me wondering again ... original choice without driving anything was the Radical - might have to have a quick drive again to double check I am good to go with my Aston :confused:)

• Andrew Evans

@ roy - which one mate?

@ hansi - i forgot my own rules - from the top post "you CANNOT change your mind"... so no radical for you sir :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes