RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Had some good racing tonight despite some incidents, will be submitting a couple of reports.

However, hats off to Chris, Oancea and Murat for some good close racing.

Chris - really enjoyed Race 2 with your battles, especially at the end. I guess your tyres were gone, as I had 4 new tyres on from my pit stop. The all or nothing approach at Mcleans on the last lap didn't quite work :)

I'm not really happy after this race. First people cutting the second part of the chicane made me angry, then I started to make mistakes, and then in second race I got hit from behind in first lap last corner. Finished 11th and 12th after qualifying 6th. OK I agree it's not the most important thing, but I could imagine a better way of losing positions than this. Anyways I had a few good fights too, so it wasn't my worst race either.

Ill be getting a video ready for some guys for some consistent cutting. Not massive cuts but basically every lap in both races on same corner. What am i surposed to do when they are cutting like that every lap?

My short report is I was quick today but couldnt keep up ith the power and torque of that diesel Seat. won first race got 2nd in 2nd race.

Had some good racing tonight despite some incidents, will be submitting a couple of reports.

However, hats off to Chris, Oancea and Murat for some good close racing.

Chris - really enjoyed Race 2 with your battles, especially at the end. I guess your tyres were gone, as I had 4 new tyres on from my pit stop. The all or nothing approach at Mcleans on the last lap didn't quite work :)

Nick that was a fantastic battle in race 2 thought I'd lost the lead on you until the last late on the closing stages

Race 1- 12th
Made progress off the grid and was on the outside of a 3 into 1 into T1 paying the price and getting a tap onto the grass.
As people came through I got it sideways through craners and another tap (my fault) lead to a trip through the gravel at the Old Hairpin.
Now in 17th and it all went mad at the chicane, upto 12th with Aaron ahead he ran off at Old Hairpin, I went to outside but then had Matt there so trying to give both room, Aaron and I made contact which pushed me into Matt who got spat out onto the grass.
I couldn't make any time up to the pack ahead during the remainder of the race and a penalty for pitlane speeding but me back to 13th.
Made one place towards the end when Cedric went off.

Race 2 7th
First lap nearly came to grief with a big brake into the chicane nearly hit a white car (Lada I think) and banged wheels slightly with Peter's orange Lada. Little battle with Cedric before the stops.
Highlight was battle with Aristide who was chasing me down for 6th after the stops with Mark in tow. I was holding them up towards the end and couldn't hold the BMW off.

Thanks to RD, Bjorn for hosting

Sorry to --> Nick Deeley.

In the 2nd race there is a battle between Oancea Gabriel, you and me.
I pass Oancea but I forget to brake and hit you from behind the car.
My fault.

SORRY for that.

Thank you for the great battle in the 2 races.
Thaks RD

Oh yeah, forgot about that :)
Thats ok. I was actually hoping you would pass on the inside and braked very slightly earlier to let you go as you were a front runner and I hadn't made a stop yet.

Maybe 50/50 if you forgot to brake and I braked a bit early. Nevermind. :)

Not a bad event for my first race in over a month!

Qually - P2
Made a few errors, but nothing major, was half a tenth of Reggie from pole and just Ahead of Mattias and Romanov.

Race One - 4th
Got a good start and remained 2nd but Romanov in the BMW had the power off the line. After craner curves, he braked about 100metres earlier than I expected so had to take avoiding action up the inside and took the position off him into the lead, sorry about that! I had a 1second lead which went up to around 3 seconds in the opening laps, but a stupid mistake cost me nearly 2 seconds and I had Reggie and Adam right on my tail again. They both pitted a lap before me, I stayed out and then stopped for 4 tyres, which was a huge mistake, as I came out 7th, 9 seconds off the lead. I had to charge through the field, I got up to 4th and finished just a second off Mattias, a couple more laps and I would of caught him.

Race Two - 1st

Got a nice start off 5th and was P2 by Turn One behind the BMW of Romanov again. I had the pace over him so could stick with him until the penultimate corner, he squeezed me very very close to the grass, so I cut back to the outside line, he swerved to block me again and lost his rear, making him spin. I had a 3 second lead over Adam and Reggie once again and lapped consistently in the 38's, low 39's untill the pitstops. I only changed 2 tyres this time and it paid off as I joined in P1 again. I held around a 2 second lead the whole time, but I had to push hard, Adam and Reggie's pace was very good! I won which was a relief, thanks to Adam and Reggie for the race :thumb:

Thanks to Bjorn and RD!

Awesome coaster there
I once had the BIG luck to sit one row IN FRONT of a guy who brought back his last meal and sprayed pretty much everybody behind him with it arrgh :)
errm back to the topic, i'd love to do a Radical Race but have to work early on monday..have fun guys

That had to be some of the best racing I've been apart of. I had some real good fun and some nice fights in both races.

Though first off, really sorry Mark Guy and Matt Clark. I was avoiding Nicolas Hamilton as he braked early. I braked and moved left to avoid rear-ending him, but I just couldn't stop fast enough (if you were a few yards further into the corner, everything would've been okay). I tap you and you spin, where you spin into Matt. Really sorry dudes.

But once that was out of the way, I was having good fun tailing people likes of Nathan Magrath and Chris Sykes for a few laps until I pit on lap 6 to try and get some good laps in while others are on worse tyres. This track murdered my tyres, 3% a lap :eek:.

I jumped a few people from 18th to go to 14th. Unfortunatly, I decide to change only my lefts (after a horrible stop) and by lap 12, my right is destroyed and I just could not brake properly.

To make things even more interesting, I have Eric Plimmer on my ass. I hold him off for a while, but I had to brake so much earlier for the hairpins, and on lap 14 he's past me in the first hairpin, and to make things worse, I find that my 2nd gear is too long to counter attack into the next hairpin. End up 15th.

Race 2, was good as well. Start 15th, and get up to 13th by the end of lap one after a so so start. And others going off. By lap 3, I'm up to 11th due to an accident up front, but after old hairpin, I run wide and do some rallycross. I lose alot of ground on Simon Gardner and have Franck Bonnin close up on me. On lap6, Aristide Romanov pits from 7th. I decide to stay out seen as I have a clear track in front of me and try to jump him. But things don't go to plan, and I go wide at turn one, wide on the last corner, then next lap, wide at Old Hairpin. Argh.

So to minimise the amount of off-track moments, I pit on lap7 and make a much better pit stop this time, deciding to change both fronts this time and leave the rears. I exit in 15th. But not too far behind Romanov.

I then come across the Nick Deely, Cedric Germain, Oancea Gabriel incident, and have a right scare as I thread my car between the trio of Seats, rear sliding as I avoid a slow moving Oancea Gabriel. Now back in 12th, yippe.

I then jump Eric and Barry Morse in the stops and now up to 10th, so I'm aiming for a point now.

C'mon Alfa, C'mon.

I then inherent 9th place with Nicoles Hamilton having a stange accident and getting a DNF.

Unfortunatly, again, lap 12, my tyres are dying and I have to drop the pace not to fall off all the place, but this just allows Barry to catch up. So by the end of lap13, Barry is right on my arse, and maybe a little too close. He taps me coming out of the last corner, but that was due to me having a slow exit as I forgot to change my 2nd gear ratio, and my tyres aren't letting me get good enough exits out of slow corners. NP mate.

Lap 14 and 15 was interesting, Barry might have well had a bungie cord attached to my car he was so close to me. I hold him off until again, the dreaded hairpins. I brake early fir the first and try to make a tight line to close the gap. But my tyres are at low 70% so my braking is preety bad. So I run just a tad deep, and Barry gets up the inside of me. I get a decent exit and I think "right I'll try a dive up the inside," but Barry dives right to defend the line, and I just go straight in a panic to not avoid him. I lock both fronts up and run off onto the grass. Then drop to 11th as Cedric Germain goes past.

I had some great fun tonight. Especially after my races on Sunday at Nordschleife and Thunder Forest were such disasters.

Thanks to Matt Clark and Adam Vaughan helping set my Alfa up as it's the thing I've been struggling with to get it to drive to my style.

I look forward to the next events in my Alfa, as I should bet getting near the top 10 every race now that I have this car's chassis characteristics down.

:letsgoracing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play