RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Argh!

Well, that was a little hectic. Lap 1 of the first race was just bad. Into the hairpin, there was three incidents thet then merged into one, some people just can't brake on the first lap, they seem to think that their tyres and brakes are up to tempature, very much not.

I got some cut warnings avoiding people, then got one for the last chicane and ended up with a Stop and Go. Then cut the first corner,now I have two. Decide to serve them immediatly, and ended up behind Chrys and Ross. Then after the stops, (Ross and I jump Chris as he changed all four) I'm catching up to Ross as he couldn't brake with a very bad right front from only changing his lefts. Had good fun hounding him. We make a little bit of contact than slows us up allowing Chris to be right with us. Chris then slidesby in his squirmy slidey BMW. Now with rears running at low 60s, and can't keep pace enough to challenge for passing. End up 20th. Good fun AFTER the first lap chaos.

Again, I think there will be plenty of infractions, mostly concerning mister come back after a ban "Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan."

I have to say sorry to "Matt Emmens" for the contact in the second race. My car didn't turn in fast enough for the final chicane, bounced over the second curb, wide onto the grass due to that, then can't stop the car from hitting the barrier. Then got chucked across and smashed you into the other wall. Sry. Was suprised my car was still running, just dumped the clutch and I'm running with a 1% car health.

I'll type up a race report when I have the time, but I just want to say sorry to Caramidaru for the rear-ending coming into the hairpin in Race 2. I was braking at my normal braking point, and you slowed faster than I expected, so I will take the blame for that crash.

I'm not finger pointing or making accusations as its just one of those things but from my point of view going into the hairpin for first time I the car ahead moved across well into the braking zone, partly to avoid the car ahead but it was a little too late to do that, although minor contact it was enough to both end up plouging into the two TAR SEATs

Spent most of this meeting in the wall or in the pits serving drive-troughs because of those annoying chicanes.

Quali:
21st

Race 1:
Retired
I got a bad start and dropped to 23rd. Then as i excited the first corner my car flew off stage left. I quickly rejoined. As i expcted there was carnage at hairpin but managed to find my way trough that. By the end of the first lap i had 2 drive-through penelties as i was unable to stop the car for the chicanes. Served those on lap 2 and 3. I was ment to pit on lap 6 but then i got 3 more stop-go penelties on the same lap :rolleyes:. I decided i had enough and retired.

Race 2:
Retired... Again
Another bad start dropped me to last at the start. By the end of lap 1 I was battleing with Ethan into the penultimate corner. He past me but then carried to much speed into the chicane and i t-boned him (Sorry :frown:) I was now 21st and minus a front splitter. I tried to carry on but on lap 3 i thought i could take the first corner as usual but flew off and hit the barrier. Damage not repairbale :frown:. Hopefully i will be more competitve when my wheel arrives :wink:

Now recoverd from what was an epic enduro.

Q: managed to get third in the GTS class behind Martijn so pleased with that.

Race: After the parade lap, which went clean, started the race well, but having some GTS cars behind me I thought they would pass me on the mulsane straight but they didn't. Heading off towards indie I had Fredde behind in his GTS and thinking he was getting closer and would be making a move I missed my braking piont and wasn't able to haul it up before the turn. As I went through the catch fencing I managed to miss the barrier and having done this many times in practice I drove along the inside to get back on the track. This lost me several postions but I knew there was still a long way to go so didn't panic. As the laps counted down to my first pitstop, lap 14, as much as the tank could hold, I started to pick up some of the places I had lost earlier. I now had Martin & Nige infront, both in GTS cars, & I knew when Nige was going to pit, same as me, but Martin pitted a lap earlier. Pushed hard, pitted & got infront of Martin. Following Nige I was slowly catching him, by 10ths per lap, & after 6 laps had him in my sights. It was lap 20 & the gap was down to around 4 secs when a GTS car came out of the pits inbetween us & Nige managed to get a nice draft from him down mulsane. This added around a second to the gap but as I was making note of this again missed my braking for indie & this time just clipped the fencing. Not much damage but I did lose a couple of mph of top speed which only affected me on the long mulsanne straight. Shortly after this incident I was being overtaken by a GTP car down the mulsanne, which I gave him all the room needed as he was a faster car, but as we approached the hairpin at the end he was on the inside and when he braked he then moved over to the left and hit me which sent up both spining. I carried on after recovering but again on the approach to indie I messed up or due to some car damage & with the incident still on my mind, I hit the fencing again but this time the front spliter came off. As I was only half way through my second stint I had no option but to pit so decided to change my pit strategy and got new tyres, topped up with fuel and did the repairs. I was now I found that down the mulsanne straight I was losing 6 mph of the top end speed which lost me 3 seconds a lap. I knew now there was no way I was going to make up any time so settled in just to finish the race where I could. As the laps went by I could maintain my position by being as fast through the slow part of the lap to make up for the time I was losing on the straight. With the pit strategy now changed I knew I had to do a splash & dash to make it to the end so did this a few laps before I was going too, I also put on new tyres & when I came out I noticed that Martin was about 15 secs up the road. So as I had nothing to lose I pushed like hell trying to close the gap which I did in the slow section but always lost it back down the long straight. 3 laps from the finish & again in indie I pushed a little to hard and spun on exit & into the barrier & lost my front spliter & did some suspension damage. As I had a big gap to the car behind I pitted again knowing I would retain my postion & fixed the damage. To my horror I now found I had regained all the speed I had lost, shame the pit crew hadn't spotted the earlier suspension damage, & managed to do my fastest lap on my last lap 2:45.xx.

The main thing is I managed to finish the race which was an enduro in it's self as my arms, hands & back took a pounding.

Thanks Remoc for setting this up, shame you couldn't race yourself. Grats to the winners in both classes & wd to all that finished the race, & podium in it's self I think. Hope to be there for the next one & also hope to see most of you there.

P.s. congratulation on your birthday Dennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes