RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Drivername: Ryan Callan
I understand the Golden rules: Just

Surprised the chicane isn't being used, it's damn fun - probably comes down to cutting incidents I guess.

And just for good measure - this is one of my favourite laps on RD, pole position during RDHGP S4, the only guy under 2mins.

Drivername: Rhys Gardiner
I understand the Golden Rules: Yes.

I can understand why the WTCC C30 isn't being used, but may I query as to why the SEAT TDI is being excluded? Just out of curiosity - it doesn't really affect me... I'll be there in my speed-of-sound Lada. :wink:

I,ve enjoyed last night event immensely, long tracks are my fav. and RSP is definitely one of the more pleasurable ones. Finished 6th & 5th ( could have been better lol ) respectively and 4th overall due to consistency :) I couldn't get my bemmer anywhere nearer the top runners and have to admit i was tempted for a moment to take the chevy ( did a run with it to compare the tire wear and was in the 39's in race trim ) but the fun factor prevailed:tongue: . And fun i had plenty:):). Thx to all i'd been battling with and see you next week.

:thanks: Eric and RD

Rattle and Hum

This week i decided to jump back in the BMW,sans 1 gear,which may i add really takes the edge of the car.You can make gearing changes for one corner,and the car will be "off the cam" in another...oh i wish it was a 6 speeder like all the other WTCC cars.
The little practise(setup work) i did this week proved that the BMW is a very nice car to drive ,and even though i was 2 seconds a lap quicker in the Honda i still opted for the BMW over the Honda wanting the pleasure of the drive rather than outright pace.
With that in mind i worked on a very stable setup,i could have done the race on one set of tyres,and planned to drive a consisent race.
PLAN UNRAVELS.
In the warmup i decided to do a few practise starts in pitlane and discovered i had a problem with the clutch(has happened before).You could have the engine on the limiter and drop the clutch and the car would just limp away,even trying to slip the clutch was no help.
A full shut down and reset was needed and there wasn't time,the race was due to start in 2 mins.
Race 1:Made a cautious start holding my own and as the field bottlenecked into T1 was tapped from behind sending me off into the sandtrap,rejoined 2nd from last and set forth again.
Had a good few laps behind Willie until he went off over the back of the circuit and the rest of the race does'nt warrant mentioning.
Race 2:Made it to the hairpin this time ,then an incident causing damage to the rear suspension put me to the back and forced an unplanned pitstop.
Came back on as Tail End Charlie and 10 lonely laps later thats where i finished.
Looking forward to Watkins,hoping to have some good luck wash over me between now and then,may even jump back in the BMW,this time with 6 forward gears....till then
Kev.

Couple of special instructions for this event:

You should do this anyway but I emphasise for this track - keep to a sensible speed in the pitlane and keep within the pit blend line when exiting.

You may use the whole width of the track beyond the white line approaching the second chicane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 403 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back