RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Since I had a bad run in the Wtcc cars here a little while back I felt I needed to come back to redeem my Cadwell credentials.
Practice didn't start too well as I couldn't seem to get below 1m17. Eric at this time had a time of 1m16.1 and was setting the pace.
I played around with the settings to try to get the car stick through the fast sections but it only came through compromising the Mountain sequence which was where I wanted to be able to get through fairly quickly.
In the end I went against what I thought would work and all of a sudden the times started falling. I hit the 16's, then 15's, and then set a fast lap of 1m14.6. Qualified on pole. Warmup, for some reason I thought the race was 25 laps instead of 15 & couldn't work out why I was a full second slower than Eric, then I asked him how much fuel he was going to run & came back with "2 litres per lap, so around 34". What! I thought, so I said I was putting in 54 for the 25 lap. He laughed & said it was 15, not 25.

Instantly the car was quick again.
Race 1
Off the start Reggie Bains took the lead and was very cautious on the opening lap, I had to brake a couple of times through the faster segments which caught me surprise but no hassle really. Eric came over Teamspeak saying he'd lost FFB on his wheel and took his car to the grass a few times. I kept on at Reggie until he made an error in the final turn, allowing me to slip by. I pulled a quick gap only to have him eat it back up in a couple of laps. I made a mistake in the S-Ben and Reggie took the lead and the win.

Race 2
Back of the grid, but made a good start to get through the field until I was once again behind Reggie. Eric was right in the mix but made a mistake in the S-bend and went flying over the wall, performed a double half twist and landed in the black abyss. I saw his dot flying off the mini map at a good rate of knots.

I managed to get past Reggie again & took the win, pushing as hard as I could the whole way.

Great fun, hope the Sr4's make another appearance :)

Russel I also did a pitstop and got back exactly where I was, so it wasn't a bad strategy! But wasn't good either!:) For me it meant that I could go actually a bit faster than others lol. This day was a total disaster for me, at least I had a few nice battles in this race, so it was nice, despite that hit I got from behind in lap 1.

Sorry about 1st lap, kost control.. Backend locked surprisingly; i hadn't change setup since practice.. Did the same 2nd lap until got the brakebalance corrected. Everybody was long gone by then. Not much battles but some heavy blocking by some. 1 lane change i think is allowed and no leaning against others in corners..Nothing to report about. 1 stop and started to do PB:s after that til the finish.

Russel I also did a pitstop and got back exactly where I was, so it wasn't a bad strategy! But wasn't good either!:) For me it meant that I could go actually a bit faster than others lol. This day was a total disaster for me, at least I had a few nice battles in this race, so it was nice, despite that hit I got from behind in lap 1.

Sorry, it was me.. I was also doing the same lap times as the guys in front after pitstop. Was wondering why i couldn't catch you, same tactic.

Gratz podium!:wink:

Without a pitstop my tires were completely shot in the end. With 3 minutes to go I had a great battle with Marco Sbordoni all over the track and managed to get the spot, which I then lost to Péter Bártfai(Damnit:tongue:) Anyway great fun! See you next time around! Nice driving Marco:wink:

Tnx Hugo and RD for setting it up!:wink:

:peace:I copy paste my race comments of the last few events.

My apologies Bram :(. I was ahead going into the turn going deep, but allowed my car to run up too much as you were turning in from the wide line. I didn't feel I was at fault at the time as I thought we were side by side and just touched wheels, but seeing the replay the fault is more on myself:cloudy:. If I'd got the car tighter in we would of not touched. I hope you can accept my apology for an honest racing incident.

The rest of the race was very tight. Closed in on Jimi Hughes in the final 15mins and we had a close battle for last 2 laps for 6th & 7th:good:.

My first race with my G25 pedals (added to my DFP wheel) was pretty good though. I'm still getting used to right foot braking. I do it everyday in real life, but sim racing I have been using my left foot for 9 years and I've only done a few hours during this week since fitting them. My left leg only took part on the grid and then gradually went to sleep during the hour long race!!! I don't think I'll try standing for a few minutes lol:rolleyes:.

Thanks Hugo and Rd for setting up and again sorry to Bram for messing up your race.

Gratz podium!:wink:

Without a pitstop my tires were completely shot in the end. With 3 minutes to go I had a great battle with Marco Sbordoni all over the track and managed to get the spot, which I then lost to Péter Bártfai(Damnit:tongue:) Anyway great fun! See you next time around! Nice driving Marco:wink:

Who win? you or me? i forget all...too tired..is long 1 hour for me :)
Howewhere all very funny for me...our fight too, even if i drive all race with suspension damaged for incident after 2/3 turns...:)

Had a great enjoyable race. Could follow Andreas first couple of laps and focused on a smooth flow to save pitting and tires. Wasn't sure at that point, looked for tires at lap 22 and still had 79% left for the weakest, so I was sure to keep on without pits. Andy gained a gap of appr. 3 secs until half of the race but then his times drops down. At least the last third of the race I was right behind him, chasing him, trying to trap him into a mistake. Man, I've never seen someone defending that smart. Congratulations for that Andreas. Although I passed him in the 2nd last lap the defence itself was worth the position in front of me. Cheers.

So my race was anything but boring

Thanks to all who took part and to the author Hugo making it more SIMier

EVENT WARNING!

it has come to my attention that the TRACKSIDE green start lights ARE NOT to be used to start the race! THE 3 LARGE SIMBIN provided lights in the center of your screen should only be used or you will get a false start penalty and a stop n go for it! they do not work at the same time!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THE TRACKSIDE START LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%