RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I know i messed it up...it's my first endurance race that where i did not finished....my cousin computer was having a bad,bad,very bad graphic card,and with all the details to off or low,the lag between wheel and screen was huge....could't drive more than 30 minutes and than crash...sorry to everybody...next time...home race :D

@David Z.

What you fail to realise there, is that Gabor had slowed me right up in the corner and I hadn't realised you were on your way, so took my normal line. But yes, I was lagging very badly :/. Seemed to be fixed for race two.

In future do not post videos of 'complaints' publicly - do it officially.

Oh...my bad Ryan,i didn't want to complain about that....no...just showing the lag :) Don't worry,if i want complain i will do it legaly :d I know you were keeping you line because you didn't realised i am there :)

Thank you,and sorry again!

Mod notes:
Rear suspension is a little weird. I get negative values for damper position when loaded. I think the biggest value was -11 mm. I don't think it should drop below 0.

Noted the same thing - have seen this with other cars/mods. Really had to lift the rear end to give the suspension full travel. Car actually worked better lower, though, so raced with Yves' settings, even with the negative travel.

My first impression of the car is a lot of understeer, even with the camber and front toe-in to max it was difficult to turn in high speed corners, especially with worn tyres it was all most impossible with out loosing mutch time, but the last 3 corners seem to go all right at low speed even with worn tires, but then again Istanbul is a slippery circuit, it can be difficult to get grip here, so it might not be that big of a problem.
Tires: my rear tires were cold about 60 deg. throughout the race but didn't seem to effect the handling of the car, and out side tire temp. on rear tires was hotter than inside after going thrug long corners with max. camber.
And at last i would prefer a larger fuel tank with about 100 liters.
The cars are difficult to drive but not imposible, i think it could be a good mod with minor adjustments.

The races: Race 1
started 4. but lost a place in the start and was 5. for a while, took my pit stop late and ended up in 7.

Race 2: started 2. and battled a bit with the car in first place, but got overtaken by a car from behind so i was 3rd, but the to cars in front collided and i got past and was in the lead, and started to pull away at one point i had ten sek. to the car in 2nd, but on my lap in to my pit stop i ran wide and lost about 3-4 sek. after my pit stop i had Yves right on my tale, but i made a mistake(understeer) and he past me, and i ended up in about 6th place.

Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. But it hurts me to see that drivers are only willing to drive the OP cars. OP cars? Yes they are overpowered. To give you some info:
- Seat TDI: The compensation for the extra weight in the front, is ruined by the fact that it uses the half of the fuel of any other wtcc car. Don't forget that the TDI has more Torque then the other cars. This combined gives you a very fast car.
- Honda: They made this car brilliant before the patch. Well if you look in the patch note of the update. You won't find a change to the Honda. But they did change something :)... What?? the tyres for instance. Normally the Honda has problems after a few laps with tyre temps. This is because of the high RPM/Horsepower ratio. But after the patch they corrected this by changing the tyres config. Now the honda is driving like a dream with enough horsepower/weight ratio, and has a better tyrewear then all other cars.
- Volvo C30: Well this doesn't need any explanation. But remember that the Honda, and Seat TDI + BMW 6speed are as fast in a race as this car!!!!!!!!!
- BMW 6speed: Well in the realtime world the 6 speed bmw gets a weightpenalty for using 6 gears. This of his powerfull engine and weight ratio. As mentioned at the Volvo C30. this car (WITH SOME PRACTICE) is as fast as the 6speed.

These cars are the most used cars during race. Yes there are also the Lacetti, and Alfa. But they botch suffer stability during a race. So the car forces you in back end sliding. That will cost time during a race. And makes it more fair compared to the other cars!

Just give this a chance. You will see a wider field with all different cars. In the end there all have their own unique driving psychics but the same lap times!

• Jon Parke

Cool, I will try to get on the server at lunch to make sure it works.

Question: I do have the PTsims mod, and I also see the FIA GT 2008 icon in my cars list. Also when I click on GT Pro I see both the pro cars and the add on Lambo, ferrari...etc. If I have to delete something to be compatible what EXACTLY do I have to delete?

Hopefully I will be able to join at lunch with no problems, but I thought I should ask just in case. I'll get on TS3 tonight too before the race and maybe one of you could help me if I am having problems.

Did enjoy driving here, can't wait to race tonight.

Anyone posting their fast times? 1:38.3 for me so far.

correct me if I am wrong somebody, but I think you need to delete aii the files that came with PTSims. This one had an install feature, but I found the files in the traditional places, eg, program files/steam/steam apps/yourname/Race 07/game data/ (sounds, teams, talent,) and /UIdata/menu/(textures, _frog,_mamba ) ...I am not sure how others do it, but if you sort these files by "date accessed," it makes them easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes