RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

car report,

Engine health stays constant in both races. When shifting properly. During practice when shifting very bad. 3 to 1 engine health back with 7 percent. During race normal behaviour very reliable car.

A bit to much fuel consumption maybe, but that is good voor pitstop tactics.

Tyre temperatures with my setup. Front 90, Behind 57.

After half a race FL 86 %
FR 75 %
RL 93%
RR 92%

Steering on 20%, stiffen up front and behind with one click. and wing on 3. Topspeed 236 km/h

Braking you can do without fear to loose the back. Hope i can make the car some easier to turn.

Enjoyable car, it can stay this way in my opinion.

Firstly tonight was great.

Secondly, The car is still a handful but thats what makes it fun, it`s not as hard as the STCC but still a challenge.

My tyres lasted 8 laps before I started to slide and wobble at which time I pit in and hey presto was just like new, so I could probably manage about 20 mins before my times really suffered.
The brakes seem better than STCC but I had a lockup in both races with normal brake pressure and XD still showing brakes as green.
The fuel tank is just right to make it interesting and will bring a lot of strategy into league races over 60 mins or more.

Overall I would say this is good to go for the league.

And by the way Yves, the skins look fantastic, thanks!!!

Too much trouble with the sim... I don't know, I like Race07, but I think it does not like me... Bad steering behaviour (not from the mod, I have this problem also with all original cars) was one thing. The other thing depends on this track: every car (also not dependend on the mod) bounces and wobbles under braking and turn-in. I know, others do not have that problem. But I don't know what it is and what to do against it.

So, I cannot give a good statement about the mod. The only thing I can say is, that I cannot get the temps of the rear tires. They always have 64/64/64 on the left rear tire and 65/65/65 on the right rear tire, it does not matter if I am in the pits or did some laps. Also tire pressure or other setup changes have no impact on the temps.

I have to test with Race07 generally and this mod in special again. I had the steering problem during the Mini Friday race also, but there it was not so difficult because the Minis turn in better, sometimes by themself ;). But if I can't solve my probs with that Sim, I think I give up with Race07. That's too frustrating.

I was watching the Moto GP race on TV during practice, but I took a few minutes to try to make a timed lap, but I missed my braking point in T9, cut the track, got warned, so I escaped.

Q : 17th and last :)

On the grid however, I was 16th (the post above), good start for me, I was 11th in T1, then Tasker did a mistake, I was P10 in the end of Lap 1, I realised that since fuel is a problem in this race (the full tank won't the full distance in a "normal" pace, actually, the majority of the drivers will make a pit stop in both races) and since I was not 100% sure to get the car in front of me but I was quite confident that the cars behind me would stay behind, I simply decided to slow down and save as much fuel as possible.

During the next laps, as some drivers retired and other pitted, I slowly gained positions, and in lap 13 (I think), when Degreef and Larose pitted, I was actually 1st, but of course, they was much much faster than me so I let pass Degreef and tried to defend to Larose (as a good fellow tbr that I am :)), but of course Larose would also overtake me in almost no time. :)

In the last lap I was a bit afraid because I was not sure I would finish the race, I finally ran out of fuel in the very last meters of the last lap, but I had enough speed to cross the finish line in 3rd position.

R1 : 3rd

So in race 2, I was starting 6th, and as my strategy for race 1 worked well, I decided to do the same in race 2.However, I was in the middle of the pack, so the start was a bit more difficult, I mean, not that I did a bad start or something, but I had to battle in the very first turns, actually, almost until the end of S1 (Turn 7), then I was behind and could start to apply my saving-fuel strategy, so it was pretty much the same story, the guys retiring, the guys pitting, me gaining positions, and once again, after Degreef's pit stop, I was first, but Löffler who did a different strategy (pitting in early-race rather than mid/late-race) was a few seconds behind me, and on the last lap I did a little mistake (due certainly to a combination of certain elements which led to a certain pressure I guess :p) and he was able to overtake me, I could follow him but not really try to fight back since I was also checking the clock, all this would lead in the strangest finish I ever saw in my short sim-racing career, in the last straight, Degreef was just behind me, Löffler just in front, and Löffler slowed down to be sure to cross the line after the time was over, but Degreef accelerated and finally won the race as he crossed the line just after the clock went 0:00.

Of course as R2 lasted one less lap than R1, I had still ~6 or 5 litres left when crossing the line (I haven't looked, but I think it was around that quantity). Actually, as the "initial gap" made at start between me and the leaders was much smaller than in R1 (I started last of R1), I think that I had actually a chance to win this race, especially knowing the event of the very last lap, but I didn't -_- bah, that was a tbr 1-2-3 anyway.

R2 : 3rd

So, I would say this was an interesting experience since it was the first time, at least in my sim-racing career, if not, since I started to play video games, that I had to really watch carefully the fuel... of course the driving part was not really the hardest one (some would even say that could be possibly boring), however, I had obviously to change my style, change gears at 5,5krpm, use the higher gear in turns when possible etc. And I'm glad to have finished both races without any pit stop. Finally I would say that IMHO, this was the best strategy for these races, I haven't calculated precisely the time lost on track or the time that I would lost doing a pit stop, but the fact that drivers who were much faster than me (My PB was 2:05.7) finished behind me after being way in front of me before their respective pit stop tends to prove that, don't forget these were 30 minute races, and doing a pit-stop with refuelling is therefore, very costly in terms of time, also, just after R1, I saw the results, saw the people, and considering the fact I would possibly had a 2:06 race pace, I would have finished 9th or maybe 8th of Race 1 if I had raced normally (or not finish at all as I would have done more battles on track)...

However, I must admit I can't see all drivers racing slowly, doing 2:08 lap times and all the stuff, just to be sure to not make any pit stop, also, don't forget that I haven't won any of the races, and as I said, there were some guys way faster than me who possibly deserved to finish in front of me.

About the car, as everybody knows, the fuel consumption is a problem, 6,5L per lap in a normal pace in a 5km track is quite too much, especially if you want to make 80 minutes races (as I read somewhere in the RD Camaro Cup forum), also, despite my granny-pace, my tyres were quite worn after 30 minutes (but that's more because I'm a real tyre killer, so my feedback is not as worthy as could be Andreas' or Gregory's I think), I would not be against harder tyres... In the current situation, we would have to change our tyres twice for a 80 minutes race (still from the hypotetical post I read somewhere in the Q&A thread).

I can't tell much about engine due to my slow pace (especially since I haven't paid attention to that point)... And about the handling, the default setup is very understeery, actually I was more expecting something near from the old-gen Camaro cup that we have in STCC, but I'm OK with that. :)

Edit : And I forgot, thanks RD, Yves and Gunthar for the race night, that was great ;)

Edit 2 : I also forgot the about the tyres, they were a bit cold, and actually, the front tyres were warmer than the rear tyres (strange for a RWD isn't it ?), that was quite blatant in the default setup, and less present in the setup I used (thanks Andreas :))

Guys don't even think about starting this kind of discussions in this thread! Very childish. If you want attention because you noticed something is not going the way it should be. Well then use the regular way. The same as the rules stated!

@David Z.

What you fail to realise there, is that Gabor had slowed me right up in the corner and I hadn't realised you were on your way, so took my normal line. But yes, I was lagging very badly :/. Seemed to be fixed for race two.

In future do not post videos of 'complaints' publicly - do it officially.

What two crazy races!

Don´t know if you want a race report but i had two massive crazy races. :wink:

race1: started from pole but went already off first lap after braking on the grass. The car feels overall very understeer in every situation (braking, cornering), only on cornerexit you have to watch on the rear. Had some fights and was hard to stay close car by car. Specially if you brake a bit late you can´t make really something but that was also with the STCC Camaro. After some fights i was behind Yves and i follow him a lap without watching my fuel. Result, out of fuel on the long straight. Big Thanks to Stefan who push me in finish, you are my wrecking service. :redface:
Only, Please don´t make i like last season where you have every race watch on fuel, this would reduce it to a fuel saver championchip. I could make it to drive with lesser fuel per lap but i have not so much fun to watch ever on fuel, i want racing and gearing the gears up and down as often as possible. :)

race2: Started from 14th and and in lap two i stopped to go out of the trouble and run my own laps. I must say, it works perfectly after all pitted i was in 2nd behind James who NOT pitted. Last lap Greg came out of pit behind me. I overtook James but notice now the fuel don´t reach for another lap. A lap of over 2:08 was required to do not another lap. I´m not sure if James could do one more lap but Greg had of course enought fuel. The funny was that i and Greg was and TS and i say "Greg, no more lap please, my fuel won´t reach!" I massive put down down the speed last shicane. Greg close the gap and was not thinking to brake, ****ing teammate :redface: He overtook me and James who stayed behind me in third. I´m sure Greg finish with exactly 30min the race. One sec before another lap will open and i´m (again) out of the race.
Man :D , we had fun on TS to how good or bad was my strategy and why Greg don´t brake. :redface: Think i had also say "Felipe, can you confirm this!" :wink:
With James non stop tactic 1-2-3 for tbr. I had never expect to run it without pitstop 15 laps, is it fun to gear at 5500 rpm and making a sightseeing tour around the track with no fights, i´m not sure. :rolleyes:

Crazy races, but really fun :thumbup:.

The car: This with the tyres is already said. I don´t watched it exactly but i´m sure i had mor tyre wear in FR then Freddie, sure under 60%. The understeer is quite high. I mean i try almost all to reduce it. Hrdes spring rear, soft in front, rearwing 1, front ARB 3,18 (only 0 is lesser ), rear on highest 1,9. rear spring locker 1,5 (maybe this going be higher but isn´t usually or ...) So the car seems easier to drive then the STCC Camaro but we had close racing.Also it´s easy to make little mistakes on braking, this could cause some incidents but also possibilities to overtake. :rolleyes:
Other thing from me is the in car mirrow (picture). This is on start finish line. The problem is if i´m on accalaration the car go in the rear down so in the mirrow is only track to see, no sky. Result i only see maybe 2 cars behind me not what is going on in more distance to notice maybe a gap to another one.

Attachments

• cam 1.JPG
    cam 1.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 213
Race 2 Highlights. 3rd on the grid for me, taking th lead by the end of the first lap. Oliver Wickens, David Zaifu and me battle for much of the race, they both passed me before pitting.
I changed left side only at the stops to retake the lead but Ollie got me with one lap to go.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-IFM

Class: International Formula Masters
Track: Valencia 08
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Wednesday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15 mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10 mins
Race: 2x12 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes