RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Total mess at the back of the field during formation lap. Too bad, was really looking forward to this race but mine ended before the race even turned to green. Too much damage because people in front of me decided to drive into each other instead of taking a safe space.

Don't want to sound like an old whiner, but the standards really need to improve guys. Please read how to do a formation lap properly.

For me a really bad day.....i wasn't home...i was at my cousin in Bucharest and i didn't try the game before the race on this computer to see how it works.....it showed up that the comuputer was video lagging even with all the setting low low low or off.....so with 22 cars on track it was hard for me to play good....i was feeling the car 1 sec later than the real drive...it was very hard so after 30 minutes of race where anyway i had 2 little crashes in out.....i crashed bad and that's it....no more fun!!
I will prepare like very very very good for the next one :D

Thank you RaceDepartment and Remco for organising those kind of great events :D

I had a problem, my 3 year old son woke up, so I had to tuck him in, parked in the pit for 2-3 minutes.... then the race was over for me.... :( To bad. I'll be back next time.

And to you who qualified 17th, I'm sorry I passed you before the start line, since you crashed in the wall in the last corner on the formation lap I thought I keep my speed and not slow down behind you. Is this not allowed?

meh... at the start of the race my engine health was already down to 55% and even though I tried to save it as much as I could (short shifting, easy on downshifts...) it still blew up just after reaching half of the race :frown:

a shame really as I was set for a podium finish...

Well, I couldn't have given myself a bigger mountain to climb.

Had an alright setup for this track, but not enough knowledge of the track itself, lesson learned there.

Formation lap was a new thing for me, and some people a few places infront of me were doing some strange things, haven't looked at the replay yet so won't say anymore, other than the fact that, some people didn't stick to the 60MPH limit it seemed.

After that, the first few laps weren't too bad, just wanting to keep my car pointing in the right direction. Main thing I was doing was letting some people through who were obviously faster than me, myself not looking to actually race for posistions at the start.

After a handful of laps, I then unfortunatly damage my suspension, and then my car felt pretty bad, and instead of jumping into the pits and fixing it, I stay out for another 5 - 10 laps maybe, bad mistake. After another few off track exscurtions, I decide to pit for repairs and tyres.

After stop, I'm roughly 1:45 down on Norman Bruce and Dennis Phelan, two people I was determined to catch.

After taking the lead down to under 30 secs, I puncture my left front, with my mentallity changed from Captain slow to do or die after the stop, I'm forced to stop again.

But even though, I was still confident I could catch and have a good race with Norman and Dennis.

The roughly on lap 35, Dennis is off in sector two with smoke billowing out of his Corvette C6, and I'm thinking to myself, "YES, YES," (no hard feelings) now only a minute behind Norman's C6, that I WILL catch him easily now. (Amazinly, Dennis' car was still running and he got it back to the pits for repair a few laps later).

Only problem was that to have a realistic chance of racing him, I could only make one more stop, so my tyres currently around 80% needed to do another 25 laps.

After another 2 laps, the gap is comming down healthly, but comming out of the 3rd corner, I put my foot down too early and spin into the wall. At this point, my saleen had already taken a fair beating, and this bump (quite literly, wasn't that fast of an accident) my car had had enough and I got a DNF.

Such a shame really, because after my first stint, I was really riled up to catch Norman and Dennis, and was gaining on them atleast around a second or two a lap on average.

I have to say sorry to Carl Middleton for the spin I caused you, had newer tyres on and the thought that you were still on older tyres just popped into my head as I braked but it was too late. Sorry man.

Also feel the need to say sorry to Mikael Larsson for not really letting you by properly at one point, which thankfully didn't escalate into an accident.

Some great little fights have been going on while typing this and I hope to be in some "For Position" battles next time one of these events comes up. One thing for sure is, this event will be first priority over any other events I'm doing. Also hope its at a track I know in real life. :wink:

Can't wait for the next one, see ya all soon.

This was my first race here at RD and despite not finishing, which was my main goal, I quite enjoyed the experience.
As Ethan said in the above post he was catching me slowly, but I had a couple of runs on the green stuff myself and was determined to keep that gap as wide as possible.
My race ended when I accelerated too hard and too soon out of a bend and hit a wall, the damage was not repairable, (it didn't seem a hard knock to me but I may have had some damage there before)
Hopefully I won't make the same mistakes the next time, but you never know.

sorry, I have to draw back my sign up :( had a real car race today here in Germany and I'm just too tired from that (11:44 pm) it won't work to stay awake for 4 more hours + driving the races without becoming a danger for everybody with those "bullets" and especially on the Nordschleife.

Have fun!!

I will definitely be donating as soon as the next month starts. I'm getting sooooo much value out of RD

"If you donate $10 and race 10 times in a month, you paid one dollar per race! Hell you can't drive an ARCADE racing game against some snot nosed 12 year old for less than that price! And you don't have to deal with the taunting and disrespectful looks when he schools you in front of his 5 friends!:tongue:
"

Ha! That's a good way to put it

Quick report while its still fresh in my memory

Qualification; I took 4th which I am happy with seeing as it was my first run on low fuel :)

Race; Interesting start with people backing up the field. Had a tussle with Mr. Larsson. Thought I had him but do or die manoeuvres kept me behind (maybe i have different contact rules being open top driver?? shrugs). I then misaligned my car for the 2nd complex and tagged his rear spinning said vehicle. I ran wide onto the run off to cede the position and not cause chaos on the racing line and rejoined in 9th/10th I think. Then climbed my way back up until I was once again challenging Mr.Larsson. Made a move that stuck and off I trotted in 4th. I stopped twice which promoted me to 3rd after 2nd stop for the three stoppers and then inherited 2nd when Arno dropped. I misread a lapping moment on a vette and for that I am sorry whoever it was :) But it looked like a square contact no spinning of damage so I think I was lucky. Rest of the race I was learning the car playing with fuel for pit stops and trying to catch the leader to no avail, fantastic pace Helder :) Had a moment near the end which let Mr. Larsson unlap himself and I spent the rest of the race concentrating on keeping it insight. Finished 2nd!

Thanks for organising Remco, and apologies for the mistakes I made!
Also big thanks to Arno for his basic set-up :) lifesaver!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play