RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying: 3rd. Rather surprised with that, as I had only done around 10 laps' worth of practice.

Race 1: I started well, and got behind Robert in 4th. I had some great racing with him, Kevin and Philip, but the pistop was my undoing. I took 2 fronts at a late stage, and the rear end slid everywhere thereafter. First the splitter came off, then I killed the car running into the wall... so a DNF for race 1.

Race 2: Started from pole after Gyula's game crashed. I briefly lost the lead to Robert and then Mark, but I soon gained it back and tried building up a lead. This time I decided to play it safe and take two lefts about a lap after the pit window opened. As it turns out, the gamble paid off... the tyre wear was more even across the board and the car handled like a dream. From then on it was a case of keeping the car on track and bringing it home for the win.

So some mixed fortunes for me tonight... quite happy to add another victory to my growing tally, and I love this track. I'll see you all next week... :D

Lots of fun again had by myself :)

Took my 2nd win in a week in Race1 from 4th. Chased Kevin for 1st half of the race whilst trying to hold of Rhys and a chevy. Got past Kevin for 1st b4 pitstop, then got my head down and pulled a few seconds. Had to run last 5 laps in fuel conserving mode as I had mis-judged the usage. Kevin closed in and my car was coughing up to the finish line just long enough to hold him off!!

Good ish start to race 2, but in avoiding running into someone I tapped Omer Said and we lost some time. Worked up to 7th chasing Keving again. Had a battle with Romanov in the Beemer who was running quicker than me at this stage. We made contact and went off without losing our positions, but I feel I was to blame as I knew I'd need to stay tight and I let her drift out on the brakes and taped him. Sorry again mate :). Upto 4th after pitstop, only to clip the tyre stack in fast left b4 bridge and totalled my car :( Bloody idiot!!!

Oh well had loads of fun and some nice clean racing on a tricky bumpy track. Well done everyone and thanks to RD and Ryan again for setting this up :)

Firstly I want to thank RD for this beautiful endurance(it really was endurance as not even half of drivers finished). As always I qualified very bad on 11th position, but had an acceptable start and haven't lost any positions. I want to say sorry to James Fellows which I touched in the last corner(really couldn't control the rear of the car). I have changed only the front wheels at the pits and this put me in a small advantage(got 2 positions). But after a few laps my rear tires were gone and started a drift, but in the end I finished 6th from 8 drivers. In the second race my starting position was very good, but had a bad start and the first laps were a nightmare, I even spin once and had suspension problems. Then had a fight I think with Chris Sykes, but I don't know what happened I got a spin and Chris also, I'm sorry for this Chris. On this pit I decided to fix the problems with suspension and change all 4 tyres. After this I've made some good laps, but the last corner is always very bad because of the short first gear. In the end again many drivers abandoned and I finished 5th which I was very happy of. In the end it was a great race for me. Thanks to RD and all drivers for this fantastic race and again sorry to James Fellows and Chris Sykes.

Well Q didn't go so well due to not having the best setup.

Race 1 again due to poor setup I struggled to keep it under control so a DNF after clipping the tyres on the left hander before the bridge.

Race 2 can't remember what place I started in but I had an amazing start after making changes to the car and by T1 I was up to 4th could not believe my luck was fighting with Hopkins for a few laps from until the dreaded nvidia driver crash happened I had a huge train of people behind me so lost alot of places and then it went bad to worse with me going a little wide towards the bridge and hit it and again DNF.

Thanks RD for setting this up although a dumpy track I liked it, till next sunday guys

Sry for not showing up, i,m so gutted:mad: as i spend 2 hours on this track yesterday getting the setup ready and could run in very low 1.04... consistently. The Bemmer felt much better then any of the FWD's, especially after 2 tire pit. I,ve never missed a race without posting it.........:frown::frown::frown:

Yuri,

IT's always been the goal to continue what started waaaay back int he day with William and Warren, grown by KEith, and continued by me as the BEST weekly club event at RD!

guys like you who race well in the wee hours of the morning to fill the grid, contribute greatly to the success!

I really loved this track. Nice elevation changes, nice chamber on sections, and even has a bit where all four wheels leave the road. :wink:

But I wasn't capable of finishing either races. I think I found a bug with this track. During practice, Mike Bell said he clouted the stack of tyres that are on the apex of the right just after the bridge. He said that some of the tyres had been removed, and when I went round next time, I couldn't see the red or black stack that were next to the yellow. This continued all day for me, I couldn't see them. But unfortunatle, they WERE still there, so during the two races, I hit them. I am being completely honest, in the replay, they are there, but while I was driving, they werent.

Sorry for the tap Omar on the first lap in race one at the last corner, I see you and Mike rubbed, you slowed directly in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it, sorry man.

Thought with having to sit and watch, at least I saw what was some very good racing, much better than the racing at Donnington in Clios on monday, and MUCH MUCH better than the races at Valencia on wedesnday, hope we get more tracks like this, maybe something like Knockhill or a Silverstone layout or Rockingham. Does seem a theme of not using tracks in that game, and only using tracks you need to download, which I like, stops having someone with say Imola 08 embedded in their head to have a huge advantage.

Look forward to next week, be something nice and simple after competeing in the 500K Enduro at Sebring on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 17 19.3%