RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race guys, I hadn't planned on racing but I was online and saw the server, the 9pm start time also helped. I had no practice going into the race and the goal was just to finish them. In race one I managed to pull off a p6 finish which is a great result for me. Thanks to Yves tip about the packers I was able to run faster in warm up and the race then I did in qualifiying. Race 2 I started on the grid in 3rd and totally slept thru the lights and by turn 2 I was down in last place. I pulled it together from there and ran pretty good laps until about the 13th lap where I slid off the road, jump the fence and fell off the track. Yes, off the track, my car just kept falling and falling until I was DQ'ed for falling the wrong way off the track. All in all good race, and nice cars. 9pm Sunday races works for me.

^^ where's your spirit of adventure Michael - choose a different car mate ... GT Sport events are always Beemer Beemer Beemer - boooo!! :tongue:

Anyway, apart from showing my disapproval of the beemer being selected (sorry, had to be done :wink:), I am also sadly writing to inform the honourable Dave S that my presence is not likely to be felt on track this evening, as I am suffering badly with a head cold that is making me way drowsy and also a minging sore throat that feels like I have been eating barbed wire for the past week :(

If I feel any different in an hour I will jump on board, but its unlikely I fear, so enjoy this without me fellas :cry:

mate the bimmer is my car of love when ever i can use it i use it :) if there would be a let say sunred only event ofc i would take the sunred :)
and dont play the softeeg card a little cold will not hinder you to race man :) i signed up cuz you had signed
otherwise i would have ben racing the RF touring cars

btw when you will put on the server Dave ?

Guys, I've read through the topic 19 pages and didn't found a few things clarified:

1. Are we allowed to "short-lap" in practice?
  2. Can we go completely over the concrete at Adenaurer (km5)?

In past endurance events here at RD (& other clubs), the answer to both questions was yes...
Anyway, I'm all "yes" for the first option as at exchange of a small lose in the reality department (simulation) we gain in playability (people able to do more laps, specially people who arrive late or lose connection in the practice session) and also there is an increase of security (better pit exit view) with no collision risk (there are no collisions in the pits in RACE).
As for the 2nd question it is indifferent to me, I really just need to know as it changes the approach to the S if we are allowed or not...
In the past this was allowed because administrators didn't have the time to go verify who cut and who didn't in an above 3hrs event on a 20 km+ track, so they let the in-game cut-rules do their work. Also notice the "I will report the other virtual racer" rule is not welcome here as reporting someone for cutting a turn in a 3 hr plus event is kind of.... raw? So I guess it is in indifferent to me but I'm clearly pressing for a "yes" answer here too. :wink:

____/\/\____

On a different matter, will just add some "free" input from past endurance events...

• Clearly here in endurance racing, the car to beat will be as always the C6 in both classes...
  • At the other end, in the GTP, the R8GT high drag value (but high turn speed) won't surely help it in the many long quick parts.
  • In the GTS class the underdog will be the Toledo with very little in its favor (a good mid range useful between Km 13-15).
  • Some of you will know that the virtual world record of the track for the GTP class was & is in the "hands" of cars like the DB9R, Storm, and SR7 (19's, 20's low), obviously these are quicker than the C6R over one lap (short races) and this makes them non-underdogs... but not over 24 laps, there the C6R is king in reasonable hands :wink:
  • The M3 is a very good option in the GTS class (2nd best after the C6) and the C8 isn't far either...

Obviously I'm not saying this so everyone goes and selects C6R & C6... As matter of fact, the last endurance event here at the Nord was won in the GTS class by a Marcos with a fastest lap above 7.07...

Also although of the 5 Eric's endurance events 4 of them were won in the GTP class by true "endurance runners" (3 times C6R & 1 time Viper), one of them was won by a DB9R driven by a careful alien (careful down-shifting)... So, obviously in a long race, everything is possible and perhaps on top of the usual true challenge of "just" finish an above 3hrs event, one can "spice the things up" by running an "underdog" car (Toledo, SR21 & its lack of drivability, Apollo, R8GT lack of top speed and so on...):wink:

In the end is all about in what car one is more comfortable in, as there isn't much point of having the "best" car if one doesn't like its handling in a 3hrs event...

For instances I wont take an R8 for this event as I don't like its handling , but if I was to do it, I would do a setup that really took advantage of what the car had/has best... meaning, if the car is the "best" turner I would make sure I was the fastest in the middle (3rd/4th gear) part of the track while at same time I didn't lose much time for the top speeders of the class. Moral of the story: "There is little point in trying to turn the R8 into a Viper or a C5R..." :wink:

____/\/\____

Another point...

The game glitchs... Yes, they are there, unfortunately; the statics show that one or two of us will (or not) take the joker out of the deck in such long event... :frown:
Excluding complete ISP drops (full disco with consequent event drop to game menu), If like me you are behind a strong router, you won't really fully lose the connection to the server...

You can have big synchronization problems (unrecoverable in this case) and become what is known here at the forum as a "ghost"...
You give laps, your lap times/laps count in your end, but the server lost track of you and you don't see the others. :frown: Some times it will be partial, you see the others but they don't see you, others times is the other way around... whatever...

What i want to type is simple, if we are near the end, let us say after lap 19 or 20?; just continue to race in your machine "alone"... At the end of the race, post a print screen of your total race time/laps, I will do the math and post an "unofficial" classification .:)

Obviously this can't be done for the site rankings (there the server is what counts), but who cares...:wink:
I'm just trying to minimize the undesirable frustration of a game glitch when one has more than 2h45 min event done...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes